KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Exar Kun's presence in the Force.

Exar Kun's presence in the Force.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Exar Kun's presence in the Force.

Exar Kun's Force scream can echo across the galaxy, causing ripples in the Force:

quote:
He accepted the dark side, his screams reaching out across the galaxy and creating ripples in the Force.
- The Essential Guide to Characters

quote:
Exar Kun let out a tremendous shriek that echoed across the galaxy.
- The New Essential Chronology

(please log in to view the image)

Exar Kun replaces Freedon Nadd as a 'great power' in the galaxy:

quote:
"What is it?"

"A disturbance in the Force, I sense one great power has fallen--and another has risen in its place!"
- Nomi Sunrider and Vodo Siosk-Baas, Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith Audio Drama CD #2

Exar Kun replicates the first feat, this time in triumph:

quote:
I heard the voice of my fallen student Exar Kun, crying out in evil triumph!
- Vodo Siosk-Baas, Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith Audio Drama CD #2

NOTE: All of these events occur before Exar Kun becomes an 'extremely powerful figure' with 'enormous' power, 'far more powerful' than any other Jedi of the day.

By comparison:

quote:
Darth Krayt, leader of the One Sith, has been reborn from his near death at the hands of Darth Wyyrlok; he has sent ripples through the Force so that all Sith know he is alive and well.
- Legacy: War

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:33 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Okay?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:43 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It serves as an excellent couple of examples of how strongly Exar Kun can have an effect on the Force.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:46 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:48 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

So when Krayt does, it gets wanked furiously in debates. If Exar Kun does it, it is mediocre? Okay then.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:49 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

That Krayt quote gets wanked furiously? Huh?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:50 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Remember the last time everyone made several threads to wank Krayt in the last three weeks?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:51 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

In almost every Krayt thread I see, where genuine debate takes place, somebody inevitably wanks that feat.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:52 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You're in luck then; there are several Kun threads that you could have posted this in.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 06:55 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You mean there were two threads that served as cesspools of denial? Great place to post this in. But thanks Mod.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 07:01 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

AncientPower is the real MVP. Showing the Kun haters how good he really is

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 07:03 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
You mean there were two threads that served as cesspools of denial? Great place to post this in. But thanks Mod.

People would care just as much, which is to say not at all, and it has nothing to do with modding, not that there are only two Kun threads open at the moment. No one told you to stop because they think you're breaking rules. People tell you to stop, and not even in this thread mind you, because it's annoying to see you spam another Kun thread every week.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 07:17 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Nice.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 07:33 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by NewGuy01
LMFAO

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 08:18 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

No one wanks that Krayt feat, and it's superior anyway since he specifically sent ripples not detectable by his enemies smile smile smile

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 08:36 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by NewGuy01
thumb up

Anyway, I always assumed only those close to him (i.e. Vodo) actually heard it, or at least those who were more attuned to the Force.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jul 14th, 2016 at 09:34 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 09:30 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 09:55 AM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Originally posted by AncientPower
So when Krayt does, it gets wanked furiously in debates. If Exar Kun does it, it is mediocre? Okay then.

Because when Krayt does it, every single dark side user in the galaxy heard/felt it, including Cade.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 10:45 AM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Didn't ESB Luke do a similar thing?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 10:53 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Because when Krayt does it, every single dark side user in the galaxy heard/felt it, including Cade.

Jedi from Deneba to Dantooine to Vodo on his ship, all felt it simultaneously. Presumably many more Jedi did, given that it's stated to be a galaxy-wide disturbance in the Force.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 11:22 AM