KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How powerful is Unu'thul?

How powerful is Unu'thul?
Started by: darthbane77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane77

How powerful is Unu'thul?

I know very little about this character, so I don't really know how or where to rank him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 06:17 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

He's very powerful.
IIRC, he was implied to be more powerful than Luke, and dominated him in their first duel, but a focused Luke bested him very badly.
And his TP is top notch.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 06:26 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they only outright fought once. Initially, Unu sent Luke cartwheeling through walls with the Force, but then Luke rooted himself in the Force so deeply that Unu couldn't budge him at all. He then proceeded to chop his arm off after a short duel.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 12:44 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Essentially, yeah.

Unu'Thul should still be pretty up there since Luke was actually more-or-less going all-out during his fight with 'Thul and Jaina and Jacen could barely keep track of an all-out Luke when they stormed Shimrra's palace.

Also, he has amazing TP. Should be up there to nigh-Plagueis level, ngl.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 01:50 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

With the full power of the Killik hive, he was probably Palpatine level

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Overhyped.

Raynar was a below average Jedi before becoming UnuThul. While growth in power was substantial for Raynar as UnuThul, he was no Palpatine or Valkorion in the end.

Lord Nyax seems to be stronger than UnuThul, IMO. To give you an idea, Lord Nyax gave significant trouble to Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade and Tahiri Veila in a fight. Veila's Vongsense came in handy in the end.

UnuThul would be on the level of Darth Vader in raw power but has the advantage in Telepathy and enduring wounds.

Keep in mind that UnuThul's telepathic abilities are stated to be unrefined. To me, this sounds like he was an amateur in this area but he was very good at exerting pressure on the mind of an opponent.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 26th, 2017 at 07:38 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 07:23 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Obviously Nyax is more powerful. Though there's few characters who are more powerful than Nyax.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:21 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

UnuThul would be on the level of Darth Vader in raw power but has the advantage in Telepathy and enduring wounds.

Keep in mind that UnuThul's telepathic abilities are stated to be unrefined. To me, this sounds like he was an amateur in this area but he was very good at exerting pressure on the mind of an opponent.

Holy sh!t.
no expression

Anyway, Amped! Nyax > UnuThul, but Amped! Nyax is prolly > Valjorion and Plagueis as well.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:30 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Prolly? Definitely. Amped Nyax is stated as "holding more power than any living being before" and Luke at one point held the power of Leia's/Anakin's BM amp which was enough for him to take down Sheev.

I doubt anyone who's name isn't Palpatine or Luke could take Amped Nyax out.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:31 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Taalon smile

Anyway, obviously Nyax is extremely powerful, and has awrsome offensive TP, but I am interested how good his defensive TP is.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 09:33 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Holy sh!t.
no expression

Anyway, Amped! Nyax > UnuThul, but Amped! Nyax is prolly > Valjorion and Plagueis as well.

Actually no.

Lord Nyax had formidable Telepathic abilities and his body armor was fused with several blades. On top of this, he fought very well, utilizing the environment to his advantage to maximum effect.

The Jedi risked getting in the way of each other during close quarters combat and had to watch out for Nyax's blades on top of that. Any misstep could be fatal for one of them. I believe that Luke Skywalker could not deliver his best in close quarters combat due to these factors. Nyax's body armor introduced an element of unorthodoxy in lightsaber combat and complicated the situation further for Luke in addition to the above.

Nyax also utilized his Telepathic powers to disrupt the advances of Jedi and this worked for him each time.

Most importantly, Nyax drew strength from the environment around him (a nexus of Force energy within the ruins of the Jedi Temple) to make the most of his raw power. The Jedi followed in his footsteps in this aspect as well but could not achieve much with their telekinetic powers. Eventually Tahiri Veila utilized her vongsense ability to score a hit on Nyax, shattering his spine in the process.

However, Vong forces were mobilizing in the region and began to bombard the position of Nyax, apparently killing him. The Jedi had to retreat from that.

-----

Lord Nyax was a powerful Force-user with formidable Telepathic abilities but his body armor and tactics made the greatest impact and prolonged the inevitable. However, he is nowhere close to Palpatine, Valkorion and a number of others in the aspect of command of the Force and strength. On the other hand, Luke did not brought much to the table in terms of combat besides usual stuff such as his Telekinetic powers and dueling skills.

Palpatine and Valkorion have scores of offensive abilities under their belt and they can also strike from vast distances with a number of techniques; they will destroy Lord Nyax in single combat [1 on 1]. I think even Revan can pull it off with good tactics.

Palpatine went easy on Luke; he could have killed Luke when he had the chance but wasted it. Same goes for Abeloth. Chalk it up to plot armor or whatever.

Luke's greatest asset had been the plot armor. Few fans understand this.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 26th, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 10:58 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Yeah, LeG, I meant powerwise. CQC hasn't to do anything with that.
quote:
Most importantly, Nyax drew strength from the environment around him (a nexus of Force energy within the ruins of the Jedi Temple) to make the most of his raw power. The Jedi followed in his footsteps in this aspect as well but could not achieve much with their telekinetic powers.

I said Amped! Nyax erm
That's factoring in the Nexus.

---
I stand by Sidious > Amped! Nyax > Valkorion tbh.
Tho I guess Valk could kill him with Drain/FL.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:01 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Yeah, LeG, I meant powerwise. CQC hasn't to do anything with that.

I said Amped! Nyax erm
That's factoring in the Nexus.

---
I stand by Sidious > Amped! Nyax > Valkorion tbh.
Tho I guess Valk could kill him with Drain/FL.

And what did Amped! Nyax achieve? Did he level Coruscant?

Documented showings wise:

Valkorion > Palpatine >>>> Lord Nyax

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:07 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Palpatine > Nyax > NJO Luke > Valkorion

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:08 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Not interested in fanon rankings here.

UnuThul and Lord Nyax are not in the league of Palpatine and Valkorion. The latter two have vastly superior demonstrations of power and destruction.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 26th, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:08 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

But your Valkorion > Sidious >>>> Nyax isn't a fanon ranking? LMFAO

But yeah, Nyax, Thul and Valkorion aren't in Sidious league.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:17 AM
darthbane77

Well, Valkorion is, but I don't know enough about Thul or Nyax.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:20 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

below or on the tier of Caedus/Exar Kun/Revan.

Valkorion would shit on 'Thul.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Feb 26th, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:36 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Unu'thul and Nyax aren't, but Taalon?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:59 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Yes.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 12:00 PM