KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Questions about Darth Krayt?

Questions about Darth Krayt?
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

Warning Questions about Darth Krayt?

Keep in mind that it has passed some time after I have read these comics

1. When Wyyrlook III betrayed Krayt - did he kill Krayt or Krayt just fell into a coma?

However, his presence could not be felt by any darksider on Korriban.

So, if Krayt died - didn't he enter the Chaos Dimension and escaped it after some time?

2. Let's talk about Dark transfer for a second

Is this technique a combination of Force lightning + Shatterpoint?

If the Dark transfer users can use this ability to prevent people from dying = don't they defy the will of the Force and influencing the midi-chlorians = midi-chlorian manipulation?

quote:
"I got this crazy healing ability. I can see the weak points in you like little broken red lines! I can see where you got wounded recently. I could heal that hurt. Pour the Force into the place where the red lines intersect. Or—and here's a new idea—Maybe I could explode that point. Kill you." ―Cade Skywalker to Darth Talon, after she had attacked him

3. Did Krayt indirectly learn Dark transfer from Karness Muur?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, no, and no

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 07:09 PM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Really, Palpatine? No argument to counter it?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Krayt drove a tiny part of his essence inside his body and healed it gradually. So yes, dead.

2.It's not Force lightning. It's Force Healing combined with Shatterpoint.

3. Apparently.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:17 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Questions about Darth Krayt?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
1. When Wyyrlook III betrayed Krayt - did he kill Krayt or Krayt just fell into a coma?

It's not really clear, but if Krayt's word is to be believed, then he actually died. Even then, I don't really think he could traverse chaos; he just buried his spirit deep into his body, and slowly healed it with DT until he could use it again.

quote:
Is this technique a combination of Force lightning + Shatterpoint?

No, the lightning visual is only there to indicate that it's a dark side ability. As I recall, when Cade managed to use it without drawing on his darkness, the appearance was different.

quote:
If the Dark transfer users can use this ability to prevent people from dying = don't they defy the will of the Force and influencing the midi-chlorians = midi-chlorian manipulation?

No, it just mends wounds and kills sickness. It's not capable of something like reprogramming the body to stop aging like midichlorian manipulation could.

quote:
Did Krayt indirectly learn Dark transfer from Karness Muur?

Possibly. If nothing else, it was because he experienced Muur's healing power that he was able to grasp the basic principle behind DT, and then used his knowledge from Cade to fully achieve it (since he also credited Cade as the reason he was able to master it.)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:17 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

The principle difference between midi-chlorian manipulation and dark transfer is that dark transfer requires abilities based in energy and the Force, whereas midi-chlorian manipulation is just the manipulation of midi-chlorians.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by ILS
1. Krayt drove a tiny part of his essence inside his body and healed it gradually. So yes, dead.

3. Apparently.

1. If we take Krayt's words he died
2. FMK, I thought Force healing was a light side ability
3. I guess.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 07:42 AM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Zentrex
The principle difference between midi-chlorian manipulation and dark transfer is that dark transfer requires abilities based in energy and the Force, whereas midi-chlorian manipulation is just the manipulation of midi-chlorians.

Doesn't the properties of midi-chlorians change when someone is on the verge of death?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 07:44 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Doesn't the properties of midi-chlorians change when someone is on the verge of death?

If that's been said anywhere, then I don't know about it. But dark transfer doesn't effect the midi-chlorians directly, so it's not midi-chlorian manipulation. And you can't create life with it, or increase your count, yada yada yada.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

But Qui-Gon said that life without midi-chlorians couldn't be possible.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 01:55 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Well, that was disproven by Meetra Surik during the Battle of Malachor. She disconnected herself from the Force and continued to survive. The Jedi believed that life couldn't exist without the living force, but it's actually the other way around. And there are many creatures which can resist the Force, and those creatures are all living. So, midi-chlorians aren't necesary for life. On earth, no one has midi-chlorians, but we're all still alive.

And manipulating cells is not the same as specifically manipulating force-connected entities. Midi-chlorians are force entities. Dark Transfer manipulates shatterpoints, which are not force entities.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 05:02 PM
Freedon Nadd

But her access was cut - she still had midi-chlorians. And she was passively leeching off people's lives.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 06:10 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

But the midi-chlorians weren't interracting with her, so it's basically the same as if she didn't have any. But still, dark transfer is not midi-chlorians manipulation.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 08:57 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, that was disproven by Meetra Surik during the Battle of Malachor. She disconnected herself from the Force and continued to survive. The Jedi believed that life couldn't exist without the living force, but it's actually the other way around. And there are many creatures which can resist the Force, and those creatures are all living. So, midi-chlorians aren't necesary for life. On earth, no one has midi-chlorians, but we're all still alive.

Read Traitor.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 09:37 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

If you're talking about Vergere's use of Sever Force on Darth Caedus and his realization that the Yuuzhan Vong were connected to the Force in a way that the Jedi couldn't sense, meaning that they weren't really DISconnected from the force, then I know about it.

And while Jacen may have believed that all life must be connected to the Force, there are ways to sever the Force completely, the way Meetra Surik did. And once again, I give you the example of creatures who were immune/resistant to the Force.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 05:13 AM
Freedon Nadd

1. The Wounds in the Force can still be sensed in the Force - but as 'cold presences'
2. Though they are wounded - they are able to 'charge up' their midi-chlorians by leeching off people's lifeforce and Force energy.
3. Force-resistant creatures are still blessed with the Force. They are just naturally resistant - it's like a Force-user would use a passive Force power to resist Force attacks.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 07:36 AM
Freedon Nadd

Re: Re: Questions about Darth Krayt?

Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's not really clear, but if Krayt's word is to be believed, then he actually died. Even then, I don't really think he could traverse chaos; he just buried his spirit deep into his body, and slowly healed it with DT until he could use it again.

Why not?
There are several sources that state Sidious went in Hell and came back. Though, they may have been retconned.

quote:
No, the lightning visual is only there to indicate that it's a dark side ability. As I recall, when Cade managed to use it without drawing on his darkness, the appearance was different.

Can you post a scan?

quote:
No, it just mends wounds and kills sickness. It's not capable of something like reprogramming the body to stop aging like midichlorian manipulation could.

Why not? I, mean, Krayt was able to fully heal his Mustafar'd body. And we know that darksiders need to perform Life-drain to heal themselves because Force heal is a passive light side abilility. And even Force heal actually just accelerates the natural healing process rapidly. So, in no way could Force heal be compared to Dark transfer in terms of healing.

We also know that aging is just the expression of pure entropy. If Krayt could fully regenerate his body from his 'Mustafar' injures; then he can keep himself alive too by using Dark transfer - since he would just push entropy away.

quote:
Possibly. If nothing else, it was because he experienced Muur's healing power that he was able to grasp the basic principle behind DT, and then used his knowledge from Cade to fully achieve it (since he also credited Cade as the reason he was able to master it.)

Well - it means Muur had a similar ability, then.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 01:30 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by ILS

3. Apparently.

1. Given his presence was no longer felt on Korriban. I would say he was dead for good and returned(from Chaos) to fix himself up.
2. Darksiders cannot use Force healing.
3. Ok.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 01:33 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

1. The Wounds in the Force can still be sensed in the Force - but as 'cold presences'
2. Though they are wounded - they are able to 'charge up' their midi-chlorians by leeching off people's lifeforce and Force energy.
3. Force-resistant creatures are still blessed with the Force. They are just naturally resistant - it's like a Force-user would use a passive Force power to resist Force attacks.

I think that the only reason they're felt is because there's this strange LACK of force energy there. And they can exist without that.

I don't know what "charging up" your midi-chlorians is from. I'm not entirely familiar with this, so I don't know exactly what this is about.

Those creatures create a bubble around them which doesn't let the Force have any effect in a bubble around them. That means they exist separately from the Force.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:58 PM
Freedon Nadd

I think that the only reason they're felt is because there's this strange LACK of force energy there. And they can exist without that.

I don't know what "charging up" your midi-chlorians is from. I'm not entirely familiar with this, so I don't know exactly what this is about.

Those creatures create a bubble around them which doesn't let the Force have any effect in a bubble around them. That means they exist separately from the Force.

1. That's because they are Force accumulators, not conductors. They absorb Force energy and lifeforce.
2. I meant that the only reason their midi-chlorians are 'alive is due to the fact that these Wounds absorb lifeforce from outer sources.
3. No. Ysalamiri do not actually negate the Force; since all existence is infused with Force energy. Rather, they project a bubble inside which users were unable to exert any influence over the Force.

Basically it's like an anti-Force power field.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:35 PM