KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jedi: Fallen Order video game news

Jedi: Fallen Order video game news
Started by: Jaggarath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Jedi: Fallen Order video game news

In the latest episode of the "Making of Star Wars" podcast, host Jason Ward reported that he had contact with an undisclosed member of the "gaming industry", stating that Fallen Order will have a similar tone to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed but "without the Mountain Dew qualities".

This means that players can expect to be hunted by the Empire and for the game to offer a dark/gritty tone, but that the game will remain true to the Star Wars canon. Unlike Force Unleashed, players of Fallen Order shouldn't expect to be force pulling Star Destroyers from orbit, or "anything absurd".

At this time Jedi: Fallen Order appears to be a single player only game, with Ward stating that gamers "will want to keep your Star Wars: Battlefront installed for Star Wars multiplayer.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

TFU hook was the creative and big ways the Force could be used for, so how are they matching the tone? Dark and gritty aren't things I really got from TFU games.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
TFU hook was the creative and big ways the Force could be used for, so how are they matching the tone? Dark and gritty aren't things I really got from TFU games.
They don't have the main character stop and drink a bottle of cool refreshing Mountain Dew ® before attempting any sort of feat anymore.

A lot of people complain about Starkiller looking at the camera and drinking a whole bottle of Mountain Dew® right before he ripped out the Star Destroyer, but it reallly had no effect on me. I just paused to take a sip of my cool refreshing Sprite® and ripped it down.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:50 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I hope that they give us a look within the Jedi Archives that were in place at the time. That is just my hope though.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 10:25 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

As long as they don't turn it into a MMOG like SWTOR - I am all good.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

I'm really looking forward to this. Could this be the game that will top Jedi Academy in terms of lightsaber combat? I really hope so. Well assuming that we do get to face lightsaber wielding oponents in this.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 04:50 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

The lightsaber combat better be infinity better then TFU, more like the Jedi Knight series.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 01:29 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Looking forward to this

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 06:24 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I'm really looking forward to this. Could this be the game that will top Jedi Academy in terms of lightsaber combat? I really hope so. Well assuming that we do get to face lightsaber wielding oponents in this.
I really really... REALLY doubt it.

People gave up on Jedi Academy saber combat a long time ago, there are games that have tried to emulate it like Blade Symphony and semi-succeeded in some ways, but horribly failed in others.

Independent teams like Dzon's team have been trying to emulate it using the source code, but it's still difficult.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 08:31 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I really really... REALLY doubt it.

People gave up on Jedi Academy saber combat a long time ago, there are games that have tried to emulate it like Blade Symphony and semi-succeeded in some ways, but horribly failed in others.

Independent teams like Dzon's team have been trying to emulate it using the source code, but it's still difficult.

Actually people still play Jedi Academy. It has a very active mod community.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 11:33 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I've been really aching for a single-player new generation SW game a la KOTOR (not necessarily RPG). I hope this delivers.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Bump
Apparently Chris Avellone (writer of KOTOR 2) was involved in this game

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 01:20 PM
SHEEVISLIFE

Finally, a single player-based SW game. Also, I wonder who would be playing as?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 06:29 PM
Click here to Send SHEEVISLIFE a Private Message Find more posts by SHEEVISLIFE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

inb4 the cancellation

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 09:07 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by NewGuy01
inb4 the cancellation

Pretty sure it's gonna happen. There are already leaks about the game's story details

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 10:54 PM
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

There should be a level where you find an old holocron of Anakin killing Shaak Ti in the Temple through a super stomp.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Mar 18th, 2019 12:12 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I hope the game will be similar to KotOR games or Last of Us.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 11:17 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I hope the game will be similar to KotOR games or Last of Us.

Or Uncharted.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 05:41 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Or Uncharted.

I want a Star Wars game that is inclined towards psychology and philosophy.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 09:46 AM