KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Questions/Concerns?

Questions/Concerns?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Questions/Concerns?

So I was recently Modded, and all of the SW forums now fall under the 'umbrella' that I oversee.

Wanted to make this thread to see if there are any pertinent/realistic changes you guys would like to see made to these forums? Obviously major changes will have to come from Raz himself, so as I said, try to keep things realistic.

And it goes without saying, but I obviously cannot see everything that happens on these forums. So if any of you guys notice something that you think needs my attention, don't hesitate to PM me.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Link all the respect threads to an op like DigitalMarcus did in the Respect forum. Leave it open so people can post links.

No Victor threads until he actually figures his shit out.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:21 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Delete the forum.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Aside from the obvious of following rules/guidelines, which a few threads don't seem to be doing...eh nothing comes to mind.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Link all the respect threads to an op like DigitalMarcus did in the Respect forum. Leave it open so people can post links.

No Victor threads until he actually figures his shit out.
I like the idea of linking RTs for ease of access and whatnot. Some are very well done. thumb up

The victr spam-threads WILL be coming to a stop.

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Delete the forum.
It wouldn't let me.

...I tried.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Aside from the obvious of following rules/guidelines, which a few threads don't seem to be doing...eh nothing comes to mind.
This is another issue that will be sorted in days to come.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Why no mod label?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:41 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

You should also copy and paste Ush's rules thread, and then delete the Ush thread

Last edited by One Big Mob on Sep 16th, 2018 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:42 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

While these things should have a limit (e.g. Kurk literally doxing DMB), I'd request that you allow trolling and shitposting for the most part. Much of KMC's charm comes from that. Also unban JKBart, ILS, and S_W_LeGenDofPT if that's within your power.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Zenwolf

Just be thankful versus threads are having discussion, lmao, if that's what you're referring to.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Azronger
Also unban JKBart, ILS

thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:48 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Kind of agree with Az unless if it’s targetting individuals or actively drowning out the forum with spam / killing other content.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:50 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Why no mod label?
Apparently Raz has to make the mod tag separately. As of now, I have all the privileges of a forum mod, but I'm running under the radar as it were.

Originally posted by One Big Mob
You should also copy and paste Ush's rules thread, and then delete the Ush thread
laughing out loud

I will be making some edits to his thread soon enough, though.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:51 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Just be thankful versus threads are having discussion, lmao, if that's what you're referring to.

Yeah? You can still have discussion with actual threads, rather than pointless ones or ones that literally have nothing to do with the forum.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

While these things should have a limit (e.g. Kurk literally doxing DMB), I'd request that you allow trolling and shitposting for the most part. Much of KMC's charm comes from that.
Oh, I'm not going to go full Hitler in these forums... Things are going to stay how they are for the most part.

Excessive shitposting/rule violations is what I'll primarily be monitoring.

Also unban JKBart, ILS, and S_W_LeGenDofPT if that's within your power.
Raz is -literally- the only person capable of unbanning people... And from what I've seen in the mod forum, he never unbans the banned.

It is unfortunate, because I wouldn't be opposed to them coming back... As long as they didn't go apeshit again.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 16th, 2018 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:55 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I think it was ILS who did the black person one. I saw the black guy one.
I never saw the Sand Person one though so I don't even think it was bad. And Star Wars related... so that's probably why he got banned - posting in the wrong forum.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:00 PM
Kurk2.1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tell Bada to stop banning me cuz BackFire already pardoned me. He only permabanned be b/c he thought I was going to leak DMB's info (which I would never do btw -- remember, I'm like Vectivus -- know how to wield the dark-side but don't do it).

It's not like I'm posting c0cks all over the forums.

I respect mein fuhrer Galan/Thrawn. Glory to Arstotzka KMC.

Last edited by Kurk2.1 on Sep 16th, 2018 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Kurk2.1 a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk2.1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

While these things should have a limit (e.g. Kurk literally doxing DMB), I'd request that you allow trolling and shitposting for the most part. Much of KMC's charm comes from that.

Yes, it does. Agreed.

Also unban JKBart, ILS, and S_W_LeGenDofPT if that's within your power.

Even globals can't do that. We don't have an actual co-admin yet.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 09:13 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thanks for allowing me to test my ban powers, Kurk. thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 10:23 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 10:58 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote