KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » If Snoke isn't a Sith and they are extinct....

If Snoke isn't a Sith and they are extinct....
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

If Snoke isn't a Sith and they are extinct....

Why does Kylo reference the Sith as being one of the old things that must die in TLJ? It's possible to chalk it up as Johnson just not being consistent, but in story wise there will be an explanation ofc. I recall that group "The Acolytes of Beyond" whom collected Sith artifacts to preserve their legacy which included Vaders helmet. Maybe Snoke inherited that knowledge when he became The FOs leader and told the Knights of Ren to use it as a foundation for their teachings but to become something new all together with probably his own teachings. What do you guys think?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 10:41 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Wouldn’t it be awesome if Ren knew of a Sith that was secretly living?!

Unlikely, I know, but it would be cool.

He was probably talking about the the ways of the Sith through which he was taught, or he was talking about the First Order for the fact that it was founded by Sidious.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

youre reading way too much into Rens statement... he simply means let the past die.. the Sith Order is a thing if the past; in the films timeline as well as the real world... its time to do away with Jedi and Sith and see what comes next for Force users... break the old cycle of Stih and Jedi trading places at the top of the Galaxy hierarchy

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 11:13 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I mean maybe I am, but when Kylo was listing off what needs to die he mentioned first Luke and Snoke and right before the Jedi and Sith, which implies those 2 are representing those 2 factions. But, this is the same movie that retconned Luke's academy having dozenS of students to a paltry 13, with 6 plus Kylo killing the other 6. So who knows.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 11:36 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Kylo had already killed Snoke, yet still commented that Snoke was one of the old things that he was going to let die.

I agree with relentless. I believe Kylo referencing the Sith was just part of a blanket statement that he and Rey needed to move beyond everything that had preceded them up to that point, and forge an entirely new path on their own.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote