KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » If Yoda defeated Palpatine...

If Yoda defeated Palpatine...
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

If Yoda defeated Palpatine...

Would the Republic still consider the Jedi as traitors? By the time of the duel, Palpatine had already told everyone about the Jedi “conspiracy” against him, and Jedi had already lost a lot of popularity during the war to begin with. So do you think Jedi would have been still considered as outlaws? Or were the citizens not brainwashed enough at that point? Would they have allowed the Jedi to rebuild their order?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

That's what the ROTS novelization pretty much told us. Yoda already lost before the duel even began and even before he was born thanks to the Banite Siths infiltration. Yoda would have still been killed by the clone army.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 07:29 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Uh interesting, well the sith did a very good job. Even though I doubt the clones would have caught Yoda :P

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

yeah but with Sidious dead his influence over the Senate disappears I think; it wasn't just political maneuvering on Palpatines part it was dark side influence as well. The clones would still be on Order 66 but with the Chancellor dead the Senate could make them stand down.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 09:59 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
That's what the ROTS novelization pretty much told us. Yoda already lost before the duel even began and even before he was born thanks to the Banite Siths infiltration. Yoda would have still been killed by the clone army.

.... Yoda was born like fifty years into the Rule of Two, how is that possible?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

palpatine would come back to life.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 10:37 PM
Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Well, had Yoda defeated Sidious, then Anakin would've also most likely died on Mustafar, so the RoT would've been ended for good. However, I think the Jedi Order would have their hands full trying to convince the Senate that they're innocent. The next man up inside the Senate would've probably sent the Clones to hunt the Jedi or, at least, they would've been exiled from the Republic and considered enemies and criminals in most eyes. My guess is that Jedi would've tried to search for evidence of the plot against them, but would be unsuccessful.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Petrus
Well, had Yoda defeated Sidious, then Anakin would've also most likely died on Mustafar, so the RoT would've been ended for good. However, I think the Jedi Order would have their hands full trying to convince the Senate that they're innocent. The next man up inside the Senate would've probably sent the Clones to hunt the Jedi or, at least, they would've been exiled from the Republic and considered enemies and criminals in most eyes. My guess is that Jedi would've tried to search for evidence of the plot against them, but would be unsuccessful.
Nice prediction.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 01:19 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote