KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Well - I guess this blows away all of Palpatine's Byss feats

Well - I guess this blows away all of Palpatine's Byss feats
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

Well - I guess this blows away all of Palpatine's Byss feats

quote:
The captured Padawans and survivors from the Jedi Service Corps are less gifted in the Force, but they will serve me nonetheless as Dark Side Adepts. Until I have use for them, they shall remain on Byss, where their CONNECTION TO THE FORCE will INTENSIFY the planet's GROWING nexus of DARK SIDE POTENCY.
-Book Of Sith: Secrets From The Dark Side

quote:
Training his most select servants in the ways of corruption, he made them into Dark Side Adepts, and with them, pushed the frontiers of the “science of darkness.” They rediscovered forgotten and long taboo applications of the Force, chief among them the DRAINING OF LIFE itself from the POPULACE.
-Dark Empire Sourcebook

quote:
What better lure for multitudes than Byss’s siren call of beauty and peace? Once there, their wills are DESTROYED by the Emperor and his ADEPTS, and replaced with an illusion of tranquility as THEY blissfully SURRENDER their life energy to sustain the Emperor.
-Dark Empire Sourcebook

quote:
Using their "science of darkness", they learned to FEED on the life energy of OTHERS, ACCUMULATING Force energy in their own bodies. And they learned to redirect this accumulated power in many ways - either as a weapon or in the manipulation of molecular structures.
-Dark Empire endnotes[/QUOTES]

[QUOTE]In the years prior to the Battle of Yavin, Byss was known as the Emperor's Private retreat. Here he began quietly training Dark Side Adepts, initiating men of great intelligence who had committed their lives to his service. NONE WERE PERMITTED to ASCEND to his level of KNOWLEDGE AND PROEFICIENCY, but the adepts nonetheless became powerful Dark Side magicians in their own right.
-Dark Empire endnotes

quote:
Throughout the worlds submissive to the Empire, Byss is renowned as a paradise, whose siren call multitudes to willingly apply for emigration to its shores. Once there, WRAPPED in the power of the dark side, the immigrants become completely SUBMISSIVE, their life energy forever ENSLAVED to the mind that would devour a galaxy.
-Dark Empire endnotes

quote:
“The entire population feeds me even now… slowly surrendering their life energies to add to mine.”
-Emperor Palpatine, Evasive Action: Recruitment

quote:
Years ago, Emperor Palpatine chose Byss as his private retreat, and Imperial architects and engineers were commissioned to build him an opulent palace. Several million humans were allowed to emigrate to the world, where the EMPEROR and his ADEPTS used the dark side to FEED OFF their life energies. The planet's population eventually reached almost 20 billion, and all outgoing communications were censored by security agents.
-The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

quote:
Palpatine planned for millions to permanently reside here, where HE and his MINIONS could use their Dark Side skills to FEED OFF their life energy.
-Dark Empire Sourcebook

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Sep 28th, 2018 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So what's new here? Palps and his Dark Adepts drain life energy......and? This isn't new.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So what's new here? Palps and his Dark Adepts drain life energy......and? This isn't new.

it's "new" because most people here think that Palpatine single-handledly mind-controlled and drained the Byss populace. smile

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I mean they're still under the thrall of Palpatine himself when doing this.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:47 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Merchant
I mean they're still under the thrall of Palpatine himself when doing this.

"...under the thrall of the Dark Side Adepts and Palpatine himself when doing this."

It seems to me the only reason he was able to drain them(and from distance) with his Dark Side Adepts it's because of the Force bond he/they established with the populace.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And the point of this thread is...?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Galan007

Ask the Sheevites.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:54 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Galan007
He just made this to spite Sheevites, you should close it. smile

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 08:58 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
it's "new" because most people here think that Palpatine single-handledly mind-controlled and drained the Byss populace. smile

I don’t recall single handily doing it, just that he does it. That’s not saying his Dark Adepts aren’t also doing it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

Why does this exist?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Because Nadd has unfinished business.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 09:12 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkTransfer69

No source states Sidious telepathically controlled Byss' population. He did drain them, but they put up no resistance to this, and he drained so little of their energy that they were not in a state of dying, but still of maintenance/growth. One source even insinuates that the only energy he siphons from them is any "wasted" energy normal people do not utilise in their day to day life.

Overall, both the (non-existent) telepathic element and draining elements of the feat are massively overblown or falsified. And you all ate it up like Christmas dinner for years.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 09:36 PM
Click here to Send DarkTransfer69 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkTransfer69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Pretty shit thread tbh. Just more asshurt fanboys that can't get over a fictional character being stronger than their favorite fictional character.

And here I thought he had a Force feat that would "blow away Palpatine's Byss feats" as in be superior. Hmm.

Nihilus and Freedon Nadd still stink, I guess.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, closing.

No more of this crap, Nadd.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote