KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Favorite Star Wars installment released in 2019?

What's your favorite installment of 2019?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vader Immortal 0 0%
Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order 1 33.33%
The Mandalorian: Season 1 2 66.67%
Star Wars Resistance: Season 2 0 0%
Target Vader 0 0%
Return to Vader's Castle 0 0%
Empire Ascendent 0 0%
Galaxy's Edge 0 0%
TIE Fighter 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Star Wars installment released in 2019?
Started by: Zentrex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zentrex
Hi!

Favorite Star Wars installment released in 2019?

^

Last edited by Zentrex on Mar 24th, 2020 at 09:45 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Mandalorian/Fallen Order/Vader Immortal.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 01:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Me, personally, I like Fallen Order the most. Blew all of my expectations, and it really feels like Star Wars.

Return to Vader's Castle was a really fun read, too. Perfect, I daresay.

Vader Immortal was good for what it was: A VR experience in the Star Wars Universe, but it sort of ignored a lot of what existed before, so I know it wasn't made for Expanded material fans like me. That being said, all the ideas were really good, and when incorporated into the story by Return to Vader's Castle, they make a really nice addition to the atmosphere of Fortress Vader. And the emersion, needless to say, was perfect. The hyperspace travel and everything inside the Windfall feels as much like Star Wars as anything ever could.

Tha Mandalorian was perfect in terms of set and sound design, but frankly the story never engaged me. I do think it's a little overrated. I don't care much about any of the characters, and all the ones I did want to see more of are dead. I do like what they're doing with Moff Gideon, though, exploring new parts of the universe that we haven't seen before. A very Filoni thing to do. And they did it well with the "Prisoner" episode, so I guess we'll see what Season 2 holds.

This'll sound stupid, but Resistance isn't far behind the Mandalorian in my eyes. The story was actually engaging, and while it never matched most of my expectations (in terms of where they would take the story and the subplots they could create with the all the different characters), it consistently delivered a watchable episode.

Galaxy's Edge books and comic were decent. TIE Fighter, too.

Target Vader was stupid, boring, didn't make sense, and should be declared non-canon.

Never read "Empire Ascendent." I should have replaced that with "Vader - Dark Visions"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Mandalorian was the only one of those that I read, watched, or played that was any good IMO.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 11:08 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbh, I'd put Dooku: Jedi Lost and Master & Apprentice well above any of these...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Oh, those did come out in 2019. And the "Ages" one-shots and "Force Collector" book too. It'd been such a long year, I couldn't think of all the things that came out.

It's just that there was a lot of hype for 2019, and I wanted to see if most people were as let down as I was.

I've only a passing knowledge of "Dooku - Jedi Lost" and "Master and Apprentice," but they do sound like something I want to read/listen to eventually.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 06:24 AM
Scizard

I thought JFO was kind of overrated to be honest. The combat was okay but just average compared to other games and the story was predictable/expected.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 09:13 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zentrex
I've only a passing knowledge of "Dooku - Jedi Lost" and "Master and Apprentice," but they do sound like something I want to read/listen to eventually.
You should definitely read/listen to them when you get a chance. Quite good. thumb up

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 02:26 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Scizard
I thought JFO was kind of overrated to be honest. The combat was okay but just average compared to other games and the story was predictable/expected.

Interesting. I liked it because it makes you really feel like part of the world. What would you want from it?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 08:15 PM
Scizard

Originally posted by Zentrex
Interesting. I liked it because it makes you really feel like part of the world. What would you want from it?

Probably some darker tones, and just something generally more unexpected. I just felt it was a typical Jedi story, which in general is fine it's just it doesn't excel in any department. I thought combat was average for most big solo games, graphics were nice but glitched out on console sometimes, and story was average.

I think they may go a more darker route in JFO2 assuming it happens, I'm guessing it will though, and I think I'd enjoy that more. I just want a story to surprise me somehow.

Also regarding the world bit I thought the lore and detail was pretty good, however, the combat made me feel less immersed sometimes, since it feels.. don't really want to say arcadey but I dunno. I didn't enjoy fighting the enemies that much unless it was a boss fight, some of the boss fights were quite fun though tbh.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

I see. Thanks for your response!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 10:00 PM