KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rey's vision in TFA??

Rey's vision in TFA??
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Rey's vision in TFA??

So now that all is said and done, what exactly did Rey's vision in TFA (after she touched Anakin's saber) actually mean?

Like what was with the scene where she saw Kylo and the KOR standing in the rain?

And who in the heck was the guy that Kylo killed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ42RydMt_c
(@1:00)

confused

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

JJ thought that it looks cool and mysterious.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

I interpret that to mean she was shown a glimpse of her destiny.

She started out suppressing all desire to go out and do something, because she was kind of the opposite of Luke in that she wanted to stay where she was, despite knowing that it's important to actually make something of herself. Touching the lightsaber showed her that that's not what she was made for. She had to go and find Kylo, turn him to the light, etc.

She got a vision of what she was supposed to involve herself in, that being the Jedi, the past, and the legacy of the Skywalkers. She had to solve that mystery and set things right.

This was meant to be the moment that let her understand that she had to leave, because she would ponder that glimpse she got for a while until eventually getting pulled into it. It also shows the stubborn and naive side of her.

Also, it gave the audience a hint as to what happened with Kylo and Luke. The idea being that he killed the Jedi Order along with the Knights of Ren. Yes, that's not exactly how it happened in the comics, but that's just some subtle retroactive continuity for you. We can just assume the vision was metaphorical, since he did kill Jedi to please Ren.

Or it could just be Kylo leading the Knights of Ren to kill some random acolytes as they were prone to do. I don't know if that was always the intention, but that's what the Rise of Kylo Ren seems to support.

EDIT: TL;DR - It's the Force showing her that she needs to go and sort this whole Kylo conflict out and in the process tells the audience that Kylo killed the Jedi Order and has been going around killing more people. We learn why in the comics.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 02:14 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthadi
JJ thought that it looks cool and mysterious.

This. It’s was just more of JJ’s mystery box BS which backfired spectacularly in the next two films.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 10:27 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Really, though? You don't see how it serves the story at all?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nope. It did nothing other than to show Rey had the Force. All the teases to Kylo's past which people spent years speculating about meant nothing. It was yet anohter hollow mystery box.

Sasuga JJ!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 04:31 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gotta agree with Ares here.

It felt unnecessary.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 04:51 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Wow. Maybe I'm crazy, but I felt as if it was that moment that got her to give up her quest to go back and decide to join the resistance. Otherwise, I don't think she would have even tried to escape, deny Kylo, or find Luke.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2020 01:00 AM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Zentrex
Or it could just be Kylo leading the Knights of Ren to kill some random acolytes as they were prone to do.
I was just curious about the guy Kylo killed at 1:00 of the video, because he appeared to be attacking someone until Kylo stabbed him from behind.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2020 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

In the original script, it was supposed to be Kylo killing Rey's parents but now its just filler lol

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 5th, 2020 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Lord Stark
In the original script, it was supposed to be Kylo killing Rey's parents but now its just filler lol
Really?

Well that sucks. sad

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 03:07 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Lord Stark

Do you have a source?
If I'm being honest, that seems incredibly unlikely to me.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 07:17 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
I was just curious about the guy Kylo killed at 1:00 of the video, because he appeared to be attacking someone until Kylo stabbed him from behind.

It is kind of curious. It seems like either Kylo betrays him, or that that guy was attacking a Knight of Ren, but then we see that they're all standing behind Kylo, so I don't know. I would assume, with the way things have played out, that he was just some fighter that worked for a group of people the Kngihts decided to kill. Plus, he's got a red lightsaber. Acolytes of the Beyond, maybe?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 07:19 AM