KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » When Exactly did Sifo Dyas Die?

When Exactly did Sifo Dyas Die?
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

When Exactly did Sifo Dyas Die?

Did Sifo Dyas die before or after the battle of Naboo? I can't really find when he died exactly but on Wookiepedia it says around the time of the battle of Naboo.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 10:35 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Before battle of Naboo. But around that time. Dooku paid the Pykes to shoot down his ship.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Before battle of Naboo. But around that time. Dooku paid the Pykes to shoot down his ship.
This is kind of confusing then because we already knew Dooku was working with Sidious for a while but if Sifo dies before the Battle of Naboo that would mean that Sidious had two apprentices at the same time Tyranus and Maul.

Is that correct?

Old Post May 12th, 2020 10:53 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yes.

He was breaking the Rule of Two.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

AotC is set 10 years after TPM, and in AotC Kenobi states that Sifo-Dyas was killed "almost 10 years ago." So he was killed very shortly after the events of TPM.

And yes, Palpatine was dual-wielding Maul and Dooku as his apprentices during TPM.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 13th, 2020 at 12:21 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2020 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

On Wookiepedia it suggests that Chancellor Valorum sent Sifo Dyas on his mission where he was gunned down by the Pykes. Now it's been a few years since I watched the Phantom Menace but when did Palpatine take over for Valorum? If it was before the battle that would mean Sifo dies before the battle would it not?

Old Post May 13th, 2020 12:28 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, that's true.

During TCW, Valorum did state that he sent Sifo on that mission when he was still Chancellor. Either way, he was killed around the time of TPM.

Old Post May 13th, 2020 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Interesting. So in theory, if elements of the Plagueis novel get canonized and he does die in TPM there were 4 active Sith at once?

The North Remembers

Old Post May 13th, 2020 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

What I found interesting is Darth Maul didnt know about Order 66. Only that Sidious had some big plan set up to exterminate all the Jedi.

So Dooku was more in on Sidious plans than Maul at a time when they were both Sidious apprentices.

Old Post May 13th, 2020 03:25 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Thought Tyranus joined Sid after EP1.. so when did Dooku join the Sith?

Old Post May 13th, 2020 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There was undoubtedly an overlap during TPM, wherein Maul and Dooku were Palpatine's apprentices at the same time.

Filoni himself confirmed it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGBdRW7jjUk&t=0m50s

But that really just cements the obvious.

Per TCW S06: Sifo-Dyas' murder was set in motion during the the reign of Chancellor Valorum...By Dooku...Under his Sith name of Tyranus...At the orders of his master, Sidious. Goes without saying that Maul was also Palpatine's apprentice at this time.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 13th, 2020 at 01:06 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2020 12:58 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I knew Dooku was working with Sidious while Maul was his apprentice but I didn't realize he was a Sith.

That was the premise of the basically.

Old Post May 13th, 2020 04:18 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Love how Sidious breaks the ROT when it suits him lol.

Old Post May 13th, 2020 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote