KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » RE: amped Obi from Kenobi show( see details )

RE: amped Obi from Kenobi show( see details )
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

RE: amped Obi from Kenobi show( see details )

Thought will ask as I wasn’t sure : Obi when he was amped and fought and defeated Vader in the Kenobi show etc what level would you rank him in or tier wise ? Ie above or on parr with Dooku , Mace and Yoda etc ?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 03:47 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Dunno tbh we don't know how storng Vader is by 9 bby

Old Post Jul 5th, 2023 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I think amped Obi-Wan is stronger than RotS Obi-Wan, but I don't know if it's enough for him to bridge the gap to Dooku-tier. I still hold him below the likes of Yoda, by a fair margin. Yoda's feats are just so, so much more monumental than what Kenobi pulled off.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2023 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I think amped Obi-Wan is stronger than RotS Obi-Wan, but I don't know if it's enough for him to bridge the gap to Dooku-tier. I still hold him below the likes of Yoda, by a fair margin. Yoda's feats are just so, so much more monumental than what Kenobi pulled off.

awesome cool! Wasnt so sure : Vader that fought amped Obi: was vader weakened then to ie as per Sidouses comment that his feelings for Obi made him weaker etc plus his conflicted state of mind etc ?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2023 02:38 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I wouldn't necessarily say that Vader was weakened when fighting Obi-Wan, just more reckless. This is Vader far from his prime, before he has fully mastered himself. This version of Vader is still Jedi Council-tier, having edged out an amped Eeth Koth in their duel a few years prior. But Vader here isn't "now the master" that he was in ANH onward. I see Kenobi era Vader in a tier below Mace, Yoda, and Sidious, while Rebels-onward Vader has crossed that threshold and is truly top tier in Canon.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2023 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Honestly id put him at Windu level.

Remember when according to Vader his strength was restored, Vader still smacked him down with the Force. IOW this Vader at this point is > ROTS Kenobi.

Now ANH Ben was weaker, but still clearly > his ROTS self Imho. So id say around Dooku level. Thats of course assuming Windu > Dooku > ROTS Kenobi.

Fun to note: In that summary of the prequels at the beginning, they kept the line of Anakin saying Obi-Wan is as powerful as Windu.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2023 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Honestly id put him at Windu level.

Remember when according to Vader his strength was restored, Vader still smacked him down with the Force. IOW this Vader at this point is > ROTS Kenobi.

Now ANH Ben was weaker, but still clearly > his ROTS self Imho. So id say around Dooku level. Thats of course assuming Windu > Dooku > ROTS Kenobi.

Fun to note: In that summary of the prequels at the beginning, they kept the line of Anakin saying Obi-Wan is as powerful as Windu.
Agree.

Vader said that Kenobi's strength was restored originally (which should put Kenobi back at his ROTS level) but Vader still overpowered him resoundingly. But when Kenobi had his final "awakening" moment, he went on to beat Vader pretty handily.

So awakened Kenobi > pre-ANH Vader > ROTS Kenobi. So putting him in the same tier as Dooku and Mace would make sense.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2023 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote