KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » What is this fixation with Popularity?

What is this fixation with Popularity?
Started by: Spideys Sister

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

What is this fixation with Popularity?

I don't understand...I'm going to high school in september and I want to know...who the hell wants to be popular? what the Freak is the point? I may not be around much to post antmore anywho...My free internets running out...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:21 AM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

People Like acceptance...

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Last edited by SlipknoT on Jun 30th, 2005 at 05:34 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:23 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yes. Including me.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:24 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

F*ck what they like...I'm a loner in real life....no one likes me. I could give less a F*ck than anything.Sorry....Thanks for you opinion.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:25 AM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I don't understand...I'm going to high school in september and I want to know...who the hell wants to be popular? what the Freak is the point? I may not be around much to post antmore anywho...My free internets running out...

It's good to be popular, but not overly so, otherwise it just leads to problems with many others....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:26 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by SlipknoT
People Like exceptance...

Don't you mean acceptance? And yes people do. From what I know, being popular ensures that you will be made fun of less and people will "Like" you more (even if they don't really like you). Popularity isn't actually all that important, but most of your peers and a good amount of the stundent body think it is. My brother knows people who were popular jerks in high school, but afterwards, they realize that it isn't vital... (all of that was just my opinion by the way)

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:28 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

F*ck what they like...I'm a loner in real life....no one likes me. I could give less a F*ck than anything.Sorry....Thanks for you opinion.

Don't be down on yourself. Be happy! We can be friends! You can be friends with everyone here!

Dark Helmet: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:29 AM
Darth L. Dipsit is currently offline Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Don't be down on yourself. Be happy! We can be friends! You can be friends with everyone here!
KMC isn't a loner place...I'm very outgoing online...it's reality I suck at...Thats why I watch Sports play videogame and read comic books.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:32 AM
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Well, if you're secure with your friends here, then that's cool! Outgoing is good, and if you're on-terms with your life in the real world and accept it enough to express your feelings about it here, then you seem cool enough to me.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:34 AM
Darth L. Dipsit is currently offline Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Don't you mean acceptance? And yes people do. From what I know, being popular ensures that you will be made fun of less and people will "Like" you more (even if they don't really like you). Popularity isn't actually all that important, but most of your peers and a good amount of the stundent body think it is. My brother knows people who were popular jerks in high school, but afterwards, they realize that it isn't vital... (all of that was just my opinion by the way)

Well ya you'll be made fun of less by the people you hang out with... but the "uncool" kids won't necessarily love them. It's not the most important thing in the world to be hugely popular. I mean, I've been at the high school for 2 years now, I've made lots of friends, and though I'm not hugely popular, I'm fine with it. The preps I stay away from, cuz they aren't anything special (and of the ones in my school, nearly all of them are total sluts), though I'm friends with some. Keep the friends you have, make some new ones, and don't do it just to be popular. Just be yourself and have fun yes

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:34 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain In$ano

Re: What is this fixation with Popularity?

Ok i'm a junior in HS and i agree wit you 100% but popularity is just an excuse to for people to pick on other people, so screw whatever other people think and mainly depend on what you and your friends think............................if that just made any sense at all

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:35 AM
Captain In$ano is currently offline Click here to Send Captain In$ano a Private Message Find more posts by Captain In$ano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Well, if you're secure with your friends here, then that's cool! Outgoing is good, and if you're on-terms with your life in the real world and accept it enough to express your feelings about it here, then you seem cool enough to me.
Thanks but still...This is the worst thought to cross a teens mind"OMG WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE ME! WHAT IF I DON'T MAKE THE TEAM?!" who the hell cares it's what you think of you....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:36 AM
Peach
mordrem

I think that popularity is totally overrated and is frankly rather shitty. All it does is make the really popular people think they're better than everyone else. Which they aren't.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by Lana
I think that popularity is totally overrated and is frankly rather shitty. All it does is make the really popular people think they're better than everyone else. Which they aren't.
THANK YOU!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:40 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Originally posted by Lana

yes Exactly. You don't have to be really really popular to have lots of friends

Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Lots of popular kids don't even try to be popular, they just are. Then there's the pack, and the ladies, and the wannabes, it's just a scene. Unfortunately it's the most prevalent scene in high school. God I'm glad high school is over for me. I do not feel sorry for you kids at all. *snap snap* laughing out loud

Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

If I gained popularity in the ranks, I would swear an oath BEFOREHAND that I would never desert my current friends, never think above the clouds....etc.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:41 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

High school - interesting days. Anyways, I always figured the most important thing was to remain a sensitive and contributing human being. Cool was a concept that is way nebular, man! As long as you're nice and have depth, that's all!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:45 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

High school - interesting days. Anyways, I always figured the most important thing was to remain a sensitive and contributing human being. Cool was a concept that is way nebular, man! As long as you're nice and have depth, that's all!

yes That's what I try to do; I'm nice to nearly everyone, and they're nice back. Keeps things civil most of the time... especially between fueding friends and such...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:47 AM
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Of course! Diplomacy is key!

Peace, friend.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:49 AM