KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » New York

New York
Started by: Chillmeister

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chillmeister

New York

I'm off to New York with my girlfriend in a couple of weeks and wondered if there was anything I should definitely do? Obviously I know about most of the really obvious stuff, but as I know a lot of this board are from the US, it would be interesting to hear some suggestions from you guys.

Cheers.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2012 03:49 PM
Chillmeister is currently offline Click here to Send Chillmeister a Private Message Find more posts by Chillmeister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Little Caesar

Take the Staten Island Ferry from lower Manhattan to Staten Island, does not take long. Do it just after the sun has set. The view of Manhattan from the bay and the surrounding iconic landmarks is spectacular, and the cost is almost free. You can pay a lot more and ride tour boats but the Staten Island Ferry has its very own charm, and very few tourists. This would be a genuine New York experience.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2012 05:06 PM
Little Caesar is currently offline Click here to Send Little Caesar a Private Message Find more posts by Little Caesar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Roosevelt Island

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 18th, 2012 05:09 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CowardlyBlakMan

Visit Harlem and the South Bronx. Its great this time of year. Especially late at night

Old Post Sep 18th, 2012 07:31 PM
CowardlyBlakMan is currently offline Click here to Send CowardlyBlakMan a Private Message Find more posts by CowardlyBlakMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Stay at the Waldorf

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Sep 18th, 2012 07:56 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

There's lots of New York stuff in Eleanor Friedberger's 5 star album "Last Summer".

I would encourage you to buy a copy and listen to it several times over, then consider tweeting Eleanor and expressing your awe at how amazing she is.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 06:02 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote