KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Major injuries you had as a kid.

Major injuries you had as a kid.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Major injuries you had as a kid.

What was the worst injury you ever had as a kid? When I was a kid, I touched the hot part of a gas heater and got 3rd degree burns.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2021 05:34 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

The worst injury I ever suffered as a kid, was growing up.
It hurts every day.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 12:49 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Getting hit in the eye with a softball, detached retina, week stay in hospital.

Appendix burst, gangrene released, surgery, 2 weeks hospital.

Crashed motorcycle through barb wire fence, ripped lip, chipped tooth, laceration along upper arm 22 stitches.

Innertube sucked into a whirlpool under a fallen tree on a river, nearly drowned, tore up legs and arms, lost glasses.

All before I was even a teenager.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2021 04:02 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I fell out of a car when I was like 6.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 12:35 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

--grabbed the tale pipe of a motorcycle 6ys... 2nd degree burns on my face from camp fire 12 yrs-wreck on 10 speed suffered abrasions on forehead, shoulders, forearms and ripped skin from palms on both hands 14 yrs.
No broken bones (ever) but lots of sprained ankle injuries-wind knocked out many times... common stuff. Guess I lived a charmed life so far...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 02:44 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I never had a major injury as a kid, guess I've just always been smarter than most

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 03:28 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

That's probably because there's sod all to do in Wales innit.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 08:47 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
winthe
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was six and patting my friend's dog on the back (with her dad in the room and keeping an eye on me) when it decided my face looked tasty.

Its teeth ripped into my lower lip and the skin just under my eye (mom couldn't stop saying how lucky it was that I hadn't lost that eye). I got to go to the hospital and look as a needle moved just underneath my eye, sewing me up. My bloody shirt was thrown away. The dog was put down.

Interestingly, the only pain I recall from the entire incident was the sting of having the stitches removed, and the intense fear of dogs I had a for a few years after was much more scarring than the wounds. You wouldn't noticed the scars today unless I pointed them out, but you'll see me jump and tense up when a dog barks at me. I'm not scared of dogs any more, but I am wary of them.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 10:04 PM
winthe is currently offline Click here to Send winthe a Private Message Find more posts by winthe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Dogs are really good judges of character.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 10:32 PM
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I fell off the Jungle Gym when I was 5 (Right onto my head)

OOUUCCHH!!

Then I fell out of a tree one right on my head some years later. I remember going home and going to bed after that.....

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 03:26 PM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote