KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » New Ruroni Kenshin rpg

New Ruroni Kenshin rpg
Started by: Raven_959

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

Question New Ruroni Kenshin rpg

Himura Kenshin
aka "Hitokiri Battosai"
Before the end of the Tokugawa period, Kenshin was a killer for the government. He disappeared during the final battle that led to the downfall of the Tokugawa Shogunate. After the Meiji Restoration in 1868, he saw the error of his ways and wandered Japan as a ronin (masterless samurai) for ten years. Upon meeting Kaoru, his life changes and he begins to settle down and begin to care about people once again.
His school of fighting is the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu, which specializes in quick sword strikes that kill instantly. He was given the name "Battosai," which means "master of sheathing a sword," because his attacks were so fast. However, at the end of the Meiji Restoration, Kenshin renounces killing and uses only a sakabatou (reversed-blade sword). He now uses his sword to protect rather than kill.

Kamiya Kaoru
Since her father was killed in the war, responsibility for running the family doujo fell to young Kaoru. She is the one who first identifies Kenshin as Hitokiri Battosai and challenges him to a fight. Her pure heart and gentleness touch Kenshin and he accepts her offer to stay at the doujo. As the story progresses, their relationship continues to grow, and Kaoru seems to be harboring feelings for Kenshin. Feelings that she won't openly admit, however. And when she gets angry, Kenshin usually bears the brunt of her rage.

Myojin Yahiko
Son of a samurai, Yahiko fancies himself a samurai as well. He is a little young to truly fit the bill, but his heart is in the right place. And after being rescued by Kenshin from the thieves guild, he finds a home at the Kamiya doujo. Kaoru begins schooling him in her family's fighting techniques. Thus, Yahiko joins his surrogate family at the doujo. In this environment, he resolves to become as great a fighter as he can be. He idolizes Kenshin and wants to become as strong as he is so he can protect the ones he loves.

Sagara Sanosuke
When he was young, Sanosuke was a junior member of the Sekihora squad. When the squad was betrayed by the Meiji government, he saw its leader and his idol, Sagara Souzo, beheaded. As a result, Sanosuke hates the Meiji government. To honor his fallen idol, he took the surname of Sagara. He wears the chinese character for "evil" on his back. He is incredibly strong and uses a very large sword to defeat his enemies. It took defeat at the hands of Kenshin to make him realize that he was going about things the wrong way, and he too joined the others at the Kamiya doujo.

Takani Megumi
The daughter of a renowned doctor, she is the only surviving member of her family. The doctor she was working for in Tokyo was helping another to distill opium. When this doctor was killed, Megumi was forced to help in the manufacture of the opium. When she met Kenshin and Sanosuke, she managed to break free of the terrible life she was forced to lead. When she was freed, she became the local doctor for the area around the doujo. Her medical skills are exceptional and she often finds herself dressing wounds that the others sustain in battle. She is attracted to Kenshin.

Saito Hajime
Saito is based on an actual historical figure. Saito was a member of the Shinsengumi, but after the Meiji Restoration, he joined the police force. His motto is "Kill whoever is evil," which is why he joined the police. He and Kenji have had past encounters and although Saito considers Kenshin an enemy, he forms an alliance with him later on in the series to defeat a greater evil.

Shinomori Aoshi
The head of the Oniwabanshuu (Ninjas), Aoshi becomes consumed with revenge against Kenshin. When they first fought, Kenshin defeated him; Aoshi wants a rematch to reclaim honor for the Oniwabanshuu. He becomes so obsessed with defeating Kenshin that he even betrays his fellow ninjas and allies himself with Shishio.

Machimaki Misao
A young ninja Kenshin meets en route to Kyoto, Misao is a rather headstrong girl. At first she journeys with Kenshin rather reluctantly, but when she is betrayed by Aoshi, she joins his cause. She is the granddaughter of the former head of the ninja clan.

Shishio Makoto
Shishio succeeded Kenshin as "Hitokiri," and his methods were much more aggressive. He became embroiled in so many dirty dealings in fact that the Meiji Government ordered him killed, because what he knew could destroy the new government. Despite being wounded and set afire, Shishio survived. Now enraged, Shishio seeks to claim power for himself and the destruction of the Meiji Government for its betrayal. His goals is power absolute; he does not care who or what gets in his way.

if you would like to play a made-up character, post the description of the character in this thread.

" i'm lost and empty...i've lost something i cant replace..T_T "

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:41 AM
Raven_959 is currently offline Click here to Send Raven_959 a Private Message Find more posts by Raven_959 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

ok. that's good. now put all of that in the first thread at the top of this forum. needs mod approval.

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:42 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

how?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:55 AM
Raven_959 is currently offline Click here to Send Raven_959 a Private Message Find more posts by Raven_959 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

i'll do it for you.

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 12:58 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

how long will it take?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:01 AM
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

depends. ush has o say yes.

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:04 AM
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

can u repeat that?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:06 AM
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

ush is the mod. he needs to say yes to this rp.

Happy Halloween

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:23 AM
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

so ur going to ask ush?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 01:29 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

I have a question, is this based on a show or made up? embarrasment never heard about it before embarrasment

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 02:02 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Temp3r
The Silent Abyss

Its based on an anime & manga series. It was, and may still be, quite popular.

~Sig courtesy of BakaXero~

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 05:35 AM
Temp3r is currently offline Click here to Send Temp3r a Private Message Find more posts by Temp3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell yea.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:05 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

so can we just pic a character?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 10:58 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

ya u can pick a character,or u can create one.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:16 AM
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

im ruroni kenshin

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:17 AM
Quincy
Debaser

i'm aoshi

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:37 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

Ruroni*is sitting up against the wall asleep*

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:39 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu
Second Coming of Jesus...

(( Love yer Sig Raven, Champloo is one of the only Anime's i can stand, and i love it.))

Here is my made up character:
(Last name first mind you)

Name: Honda Tadakatsu
Specs: 6'1'', 175 pounds
Attributes: Master Swordsman, Wandering Samurai
Bio: Honda Tadakatsu is a descendant of the famous samurai that served under Tokugawa Ieyasu. He was part of a minor clan after the shogunate fell apart and was taken over by the meiji and has since become a wandering samurai... A killer for hire. He feels that the only way to get back the honor that he has lost over the years is to take vengeance upon those who did him wrong and shamed his family: The Meiji. Therefore, he only takes contracts that involve the death of Meiji officers or Personal. He took a contract from the Meiji only once, and he never fulfilled it. It was to Kill Ruroni Kenshin. (I plan on starting from that part... So tell us when to begin!)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:41 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu is currently offline Click here to Send Honda_Tadakatsu a Private Message Find more posts by Honda_Tadakatsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raven_959
Dark ninja Thats Lost..

honda u can join the rpg ok?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:44 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu
Second Coming of Jesus...

Cool, just tell us when you get permission/

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 03:20 PM
Honda_Tadakatsu is currently offline Click here to Send Honda_Tadakatsu a Private Message Find more posts by Honda_Tadakatsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote