KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Guild Wars RPG Part I: Ascalon-Sign In

Guild Wars RPG Part I: Ascalon-Sign In
Started by: Spirit Binder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Guild Wars RPG Part I: Ascalon-Sign In

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sorry for further delays; been busy to the point where running my RPs has taken all my reasonable time. Thanks for not cluttering the thread.

Following are approved:

Ultimate Fighters

Guild Wars

Twilight

Wolf Pack

Guild Wars RPG.

It is 1070AE (after Exodus) and Ascalon is at war, fighting a double battle against both the human kingdoms of the Krytans and the Orrians in the Guild Wars, and the Charr invading from the North. The fight is not going well, but the Great Northern Wall always protects Ascalon from the worst of the threat.

However, the Wall is unable to protect Ascalon forever. The Charr are able to use a powerful ritual which calls fire and crystal meteors from the sky, known as "The Searing", destroying the Wall and turning Ascalon into a wasteland.

Two years later, Prince Rurik and his father King Adelbern, the leaders of Ascalon, fight a losing battle against continued assaults from the Charr. As the players fight through the wasteland helping where they can, they find the legendary horn Stormcaller, which is said to hold immense power against invaders of Ascalon. Rurik is able to use the Stormcaller to weaken the invading Charr and push them out of the capital, Rin. Rurik and Adelbern argue about the next move. Adelbern wants to fight off the Charr but Rurik, after seeing Rin's devastation, wants the people of Ascalon to flee across the Shiverpeaks to the safety of Kryta. For this traitorous sentiment the King exiles his son from Ascalon.

(This will be the setting for the first part of the RP. If this RP turns into a success, I will post a new one stating the setting of the next place and continue from there until we head into the next place, and repeat the same action until the RP finally ends.

You can either make your own character or take one of the existing ones that will last throughout the game.

Here is a list of the characters that last within the entire game and need filling out.

Aidan (age 32, Ranger): He was born in Borlis Pass (An area in the next RP version) on the way from Kryta to Ascalon. His mother died in childbirth, and he was raised by his huntsman father. Due to his upbringing he is adept with the bow and excellent at tracking. Aidan is perhaps the wisest out of the heroes but never feels the need to lecture the party unless absolutely necessary.

Brother Mhenlo (age 22, Monk): He is, for the most part, calm and composed, qualities he learned from his training as a monk in Cantha (A different continent). He does however have the tendency to deliberate when it comes to taking action, due to the conflicting views of his parents' patron deities (his mother was a priestess of Dwayna, the goddess of healing, and his father a priest of Balthazar, the god of war). He was born in Serenity Temple.

Cynn (age 20, Elementalist): She was born into nobility, but lost her parents when her home in the city of Surmia was incinerated by the Charr during the Searing. She was trapped under the rubble of her home for several days until a Charr looting party dug her out (who were promptly killed by the naturally magically talented Cynn). She is hot-tempered and fiercely independent. She is in love with Mhenlo and is overprotective of him.

Devona (age 24, Warrior): Her father, who died while fighting an Orrian guild when she was only a young girl, was a warrior in one of Ascalon's most influential guilds, Ascalon's Chosen. She dedicated her life to perfecting her skill with the hammer, in the hope of one day becoming a great warrior. The concept of honour is integral to Devona's personality and she would be willing to sacrifice her own life for the safety of her friends.

Eve (age 20): She is a female necromancer and a close friend of Mhenlo. She met the other heroes of Ascalon in the Catacombs under Ashford Abbey when they tracked a group of Charr there; however, she had already single-handedly wiped out the Charr and raised an undead army in their stead.

The professions for this RP as as follows
:

Warrior: Can use Sword, Axe or Hammer (note: When wielding a hammer you cannot wield a shield)

Ranger: Can use a Bow, tame animals as pets, and use Wilderness Survival to attack or defend better.

Monk: Can use a Holy Staff/Rod (note: When wielding a rod you can wield an off-hand weapon such as a Protective Icon, etc.). Can use Smiting, Protecting, or Healing to protect, preserve, or deal damage in combat.

Elementalist: Can wield a Staff of their certain element or rod. Uses Air, Fire, Earth, and/or Water to obliterate enemies.

Mesmer: Can wield a staff of their attribute (Ex: Domination, Illusion, Inspiration or Fast Casting), and can use those skills to turn magic against it's user, summon imaginary phantoms to confuse the enemy, steal health or energy, and cast spells faster.

Necromance: Can wield any staff using either Death, Blood, Curses, or Soul Reaping. Death magic can allow more damage and summon minions when enemy is defeated (Note: The minions lose health over time and lose more health the longer they are alive. There is a skill I will explain when the RP is approved on how to keep them alive for a certain time). Blood Magic steals or sacrifices health, Curses lays burdens on the enemy, and Soul Reaping steals energy once an opponent is defeated.)

(Here is the character sheet needed to fill out for those making their own characters:

Name:
Profession:
Weapon:
Bio:
History:
Other:

Prince Rurik and most of the people who come in for five seconds of the story will be played by me.

The names and bios of the gods are as follows

Balthazar[b]: Lord of War and Fire. Many warriors and fire elementalists look to him for power.
[b]Dwayna
: Goddess of Life and Air. Many monks and air elementalists look to her for protection.
Melandru: Goddess of nature and the earth. Many rangers and earth elementalists look to her for guidance.
Grenth: God of the Dead and Ice. Many necromancers and water elementalists look to him for vengeance.
Lyssa: Goddess of Beauty and Illusion. Many mesmers look to her for disguise.

From now on, POST ALL CHARACTER PROFILES HERE IN THE SIGN UP THREAD! ALL OOC PROFILES IN THE OTHER SHALL BE IGNORED!

I guess that's it for now, if anyone has questions, tell me!!

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Last edited by Rodgort on Feb 25th, 2007 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 03:06 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

The last post has a few errors on it, please excuse them.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 03:22 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Oh, wait. You do not have to know the game to play the roleplay? confused

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 03:23 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Same question: because Id join but i dont know the game well.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 03:30 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Not at all. Basically just follow the plot I've given, stick with the group, and you'll do fine. You can also just go off on your own in the different areas and meet up with me (Prince Rurik) and Zuke later on.

There are actually many places besides Ascalon City and Lakeside County. There are places like Green Hills County, Regent Valley, Fort Ranik, Ashford Abbey, The Barradin Estate, The Northlands(The Northlands if full of Charr, so if you ever go out there, know I'll be watching your posts for Charr activity), The Catacombs, Wizards Folly, and Foibles Fair. We're in Ascalon before The Searing at the moment.

I don't think those other two who were going to play Cynn and Aidan will be coming, so those two are free again.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:57 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I like making my own characters. That is, if you do not mind? confused I can take a premade one if needed, but I often suck playing them.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 08:12 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

You can make your own character. For the premade ones, I'll play them for the time being. yes

I could not find any maps of Ascalon before The Searing, but I did find one two years after it. I'll post it once we get there.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:33 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Name:
Marie-Lee Bishop

Sex:
Female

Profession:
Ranger

Weapon:
Crossbow

Bio:
Picture of Marie-Lee (Click here)

I am note sure if this pet is allowed. If not, let me know and I will change it right away smile
Pet of Marie-Lee (Click here)

History:
[I will add one in some time (Probably tomorrow). I just want a character posted and ready to go smile]

Other:
Marie-Lee is worshipping Lyssa, different from many other rangers. She believe she has enough contact with nature and instead wishes to become one with the godess of beauty.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 11:10 PM
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Sure, the pet is aloud. Even though it isn't in the actual game, they have loads of crazy pets in there so I can make an exception yes

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 01:18 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

That is great big grin I will make an intro tomorrow smile

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 01:39 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I noticed I had some spelling errors in the intro. I did unfortunatly not have time to correct them, since I was in a little bit of a hurry.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 12:07 PM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Name: Eiri Kelse

Sex: female

Profession: Air elementalist

Weapon: Air Staff (? )

Bio: Eiri really doesnt have much of a history, at least one that she likes to share. Only a handful who ask her about it will walk away knowing it. She is, however, kind. She tends to be shy sometimes, and she is devoted to those she loves.

Last edited by Cherrywild on Feb 27th, 2007 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 07:59 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krone

Sorry for the Delay, not sure why i left it so long, If you want ill take Aidan?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:20 PM
Krone is currently offline Click here to Send Krone a Private Message Find more posts by Krone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
Name: Eiri Kelse

Sex: female

Profession: Air elementalist

Weapon: Air Staff (? )

Bio: Eiri really doesnt have much of a history, at least one that she likes to share. Only a handful who ask her about it will walk away knowing it. She is, however, kind. She tends to be shy sometimes, and she is devoted to those she loves.
Great. Start posting anytime.

And yes Krone, you can still use Aidan.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 11:11 PM