KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Avatar: A New Hope [Registration]

Avatar: A New Hope [Registration]
Started by: C. C. Cowgirl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Love Avatar: A New Hope [Registration]

Look at dorky me big grin I made a promotion video for my own RP

(please log in to view the image)

[This RP takes place estimated 25 years after the death of Aang, which is a fan-based opinion from my side. In this world Aang has been dead for about 25 years and harmony had recently been recovered until the Fire Nation gave world domination another try. They take the chance because no one knows where the Avatar is at]

It takes place in a fantasy world, home to humans, fantastic animals, and supernatural spirits. Human civilization is divided into four nations, the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Air Nomads, and the Fire Nation. Within each nation, an order of men and women called "Benders" have the ability to manipulate their native element. These Bending arts combine a certain style of martial arts and elemental mysticism. The Bending types are Waterbending, Earthbending, Firebending, and Airbending.

In each generation, one person is capable of Bending all four elements; this is the Avatar, the spirit of the planet manifested in human form. When the Avatar dies, he or she is reincarnated into an unborn baby native in the next of the four nations in the Avatar Cycle, which parallels the seasons: winter for water, spring for earth, summer for fire, and autumn for air.

Through the ages, countless incarnations of the Avatar have served to keep the four nations in harmony and maintain world order. The Avatar also serves as the bridge between the physical world and the Spirit World, home of the world's disembodied spirits.

The avatar is reborn and is about adult age by now. However he is not yet found, dwelling somewhere in the world without a trace. As the avatar is not yet discovered, the Fire Nation takes the chance in act and they restart a past lost war.

A heroine named Hou Attar is forging a league of brave warriors to venture into the world and track down the avatar. With a few clues, the meeting is held in a few days where she will brief all with a pure heart enough of the quest and they will be on their way.

Will YOU be aiding in the search?

Name:
Nation:
Background:
Appearance:
Personality:
Unique abilities:

Nation information:

Water:
The Water Tribe is divided into three distinct groups, primarily based on their geography and affinity for waterbending. The Southern Tribe has the art almost completely erased from the South Pole as a direct result of innumerable waterbending trainers dying fighting in raids. The Northern Tribe consists of the majority of the official remnants of their civilization, occupying the North Pole with a multitude of able benders. Though separated, the southern and northern tribes continued to remain in contact prior to the war and at one time even retained a custom of coming together during a new moon. The Foggy Swamp Tribe occupies a swamp in the Earth Kingdom, while most of its members are competent benders with some unique talents.
They are strongest at night!

Earth:
From the technology-driven refugees under the Mechanist to the initially isolationist inhabitants of Kyoshi Island, the culture of the Earth Kingdom is far less defined than those of the other nations. This is likely due to its size. The common aspect of these different cultures is their rather simplistic and somewhat archaic nature (compared to the Fire Nation). Due to their manipulation of Earth, which Iroh refers to as the "element of substance", Earthbenders are virtually immovable, as reflected in the personality of the Earth Kingdom's citizens.

Air:
While the other nations possess royalty and are run by monarchies, the Air Nomads are led by the monks of the Air Temples, i.e. by a theocracy.
The Air Nomads are the only nation comprised entirely of benders, due to the highly spiritual nature of their lives. It is said that meditation was an important part of the Airbenders' daily routines, as it helped them to focus their energies and understand the potency of their element.

Fire:
Many names of Fire Nation citizens utilize harsh consonants and letter "Z," including Zuko, Ozai, Azula, Sozin, Zhao, Azulon, Kuzon, etc.
Little is known about the actual Fire Nation mainland. No foreign nation has ever attempted to invade or travel to the Fire Nation due to its defenses, many of the Fire Nation soldiers mention little about their homes, and almost all recorded information on the Fire Nation has been destroyed. As a result, there is no clear idea as to what the geography, appearance, population, or culture of the Fire Nation is actually like. All that is known that its leaders are driven by the goal of global conquest and that not all citizens are dedicated to the dream, but are submitted under the Fire Lord's oppressive regime.
The Firebender is strongest during the day!

[If you want more information about the world, the nations or the RP at all you can PM me or ask here smile

I will do my absolute best to answer ALL questions you have no matter what part of Avatar they are related to big grin]

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:02 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Muck101
America, #@^& yeah!

Name: Bo'rook
Nation: Earth
Background: A former farmer by trade, Bo'rook had spent his childhood idolizing his hard-working father who also worked the fields. To him, there was no greater man, not even the avatar himself. Imagine what he must have gone through witnessing the destruction of his fathers land at the hands of the fire-nation. Thankfully, the fire nation had been pushed back by Aang in time to allow Bo'rook to rebuild his family's farm. When news came that the Avatar had been slain, he decided that he would do somthing to try and locate the new one.
Appearance: Short, and stocky, with a scruffy black beard.
Personality: Very gruff and to-the-point
Unique abilities: Able to form earth around himself, thus attaining a height of twenty feet.

God bless america, bitches! smokin'
Thanks beta ray howard!!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:30 AM
Muck101 is currently offline Click here to Send Muck101 a Private Message Find more posts by Muck101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I am currently held up with school love

I will make a thread for RPing within time and it will most likely be during a weekend sometime in August smile

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 09:42 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super19
The Super Saiyan Android

May I join?

Name: Bard-dul
Nation: Southern Water Tribe
Background: Is actually the reincarnation of a different person, who had helped Aang, Sokka, and Katara in the original battles against the evil Fire Nation, during the Great War. His other self was the husband of Katara, but he died during the war in a fight with Princess Azula, and who’s death Katara grieved for a long time before she gave birth to their son. His other self’s name was Travis Jeremy Marksman, Jr, protector of the Multiverse. And so when Travis and Katara’s son was born, Travis’s spirit was brought back to life in the form of his son, which Katara hadn’t sensed despite what Travis had taught her. When she gave birth to their son, she named him Bard-dul, which both Katara and Travis decided to name their child if it was a boy. On the day he turned 14 years of age, Bard-dul started to have memories that didn’t seem to be of his own. When he told his mother of the visions he had been having, that’s when Katara finally sensed Travis’s spirit within her son, realizing that that was the reason why he looked exactly like his father: Travis was reincarnated as their son. So Katara trained her son in Waterbending and by the time of his 16th birthday, he was a Master Waterbender like his mother. As soon as he attained the Master level, he automatically remembered who he really was, and told Katara that he had returned to her, just like he said he would. Then he told his mother/wife that he was going to go with Hou Attar and find the reincarnation of the Avatar. And so Travis/Bard-dul uses his Waterbending powers, with which he is able to make ice, something no Waterbender has ever done, and goes to the Earth Kingdom and meets with Hou Attar and the other warriors under his birth name, Bard-dul, and enlists himself to help find the new Avatar.
Appearance: Tall, muscular, spiked green hair like his other self, and uses the SG-Blade, the Super Gaia Blade, as his primary weapon.
Personality: Like his mother, is an able leader when the situation calls for one, while also being kind and gentle and deeply cares about anybody he befriends.
Unique abilities: Has the unique Waterbending ability to make ice and slide on it like ice skaters from his other self’s homeworld, the Reality Universe.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 03:42 AM
Super19 is currently offline Click here to Send Super19 a Private Message Find more posts by Super19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vathu
Rougue

I'll make one later, when Parker wants to talk about what to do.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 10:50 PM
Vathu is currently offline Click here to Send Vathu a Private Message Find more posts by Vathu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

What to do? stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 10:57 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I call Luke Skywalker

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:00 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

A comment I kind of expected laughing

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:13 PM
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vathu
I'll make one later, when Parker wants to talk about what to do.
I dunnos.

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:25 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vathu
Rougue

I understand.

Although mine will take some work, I've been doing more research on Narutos' Jutsus than martial arts styles.

Although I have Wiki up which is a usual good source of info on things such as this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar...Fighting_styles

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:29 PM
Vathu is currently offline Click here to Send Vathu a Private Message Find more posts by Vathu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Take your time big grin I will not start it until September anyway smile

And as I said! Feel free to ask if you have ANY questions big grin

If I do not know the answer then I will look it up wink

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:31 PM
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Hung Gar was chosen for its firmly rooted stances, and powerful strikes to represent solid earth.

That's why I chose Earth, baby.

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 11:36 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Name: Zuke Kia, son of Blaze the fierce and Gaze the kind.

Nation: Fire

Background: Zuke was born a member of the Fire Nation and quickly learnt the ways of Fire Bending. However, the war by the Fire Nation did not in any way feel right for at that time young Zuke and he sworn to never again stand on the wrong side of a battle. Now that the fire nation commences a second war, Zuke will be joining the needing and wishes to aid the search of the Avatar. With the blessing of his mother, he ventured out into the world after hearing the calling for a group that wishes to aid the avatar.

Appearance:

Personality: Shy, helpful and self-confident. He has a touch of a thypical hero personality, believing a good friend is worthy sacreficing for.

Unique abilities: Heat! He have as good as only short range abilities, but the heat that they provide can cut as good as anything in half.

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 01:17 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I hope that it's a good enough reason for me to be a fire bender and not fight against the group.. My mind went blank when I tired figure out something better..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 01:26 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Name:
Ava

Nation:
Air

Background:
< Most of it will be revealed in the RP >
Never a cry. Nor a word of protest. Silent tears threatened, but would not prevail. And then, a memory.

'Mama!'
Two small children raced across a sea of green, the tall grass waving in the wind. Laughing, they race toward their house which slowly comes into view. The two stop. Everything seems to stop. The grass ceases to billow. When she turns, he is gone. Falling...Falling

Those hands bring her back to reality, those bodies bring her to life. Over and over, like revolving wheel of torment.

When salvation comes, she is hardened to herself. Her eyes have gone cold, her smile dead. It seems there is no light inside her, and no purpose for her existence. But he won't let her go, even though he himself is gone. She's the one who survives by making the lives of others worth while.

She's left alone now, wandernig alone, driven by a forlorn hope for another, who can make things right. One who can stop them. The ones who took her life, and distorted it so violently.

Appearance:

Personality:
Quiet and distant

Unique Abilities:
She can compact air enough to use it as a solid weapon - not a very strong one, mind you -

And she can also propel herself, and control the air around her using only her staff. ( rather than a fan/glider as most other air benders )

Last edited by Cherrywild on Aug 18th, 2007 at 03:42 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 03:39 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super19
The Super Saiyan Android

Hey CC Cowgirl,

Is my Character Sheet acceptable?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 04:55 PM
Super19 is currently offline Click here to Send Super19 a Private Message Find more posts by Super19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

If you remove the multiple universe parts and reduce your rank of master then I will approve it smile

A person at the age of 16 does not have the potentionals to be a master of the element of choice and traveling universes is not an Avatar thing

I am sorry.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 07:44 PM
Super19
The Super Saiyan Android

The thing about that is Travis had actually teleported, because his alien ancestry having the ability to do that. I'm just curious, what's wrong with that in my character sheet? I'm working on a fanfiction that will kinda be like a prologue to this RP, but when the original Travis arrives, he is stripped of all of his technology, and his DNA is changed into being a full-blooded Waterbending human, except for his Eternal Youth gene of his old alien DNA. Besides, the original Travis decided to stay in the Avatar Universe for good. Which is how he ended up marrying Katara. Can at least incorporate part of my fanfiction into this RP, CC Cowgirl?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 08:30 PM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Originally posted by Super19
Hey CC Cowgirl,

Is my Character Sheet acceptable?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 08:31 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by Super19
The thing about that is Travis had actually teleported, because his alien ancestry having the ability to do that. I'm just curious, what's wrong with that in my character sheet? I'm working on a fanfiction that will kinda be like a prologue to this RP, but when the original Travis arrives, he is stripped of all of his technology, and his DNA is changed into being a full-blooded Waterbending human, except for his Eternal Youth gene of his old alien DNA. Besides, the original Travis decided to stay in the Avatar Universe for good. Which is how he ended up marrying Katara. Can at least incorporate part of my fanfiction into this RP, CC Cowgirl?

As long as you do not make a big fuzz out of the multi-universe things it is alright I guess smile

I do not want any advance-technology talk, universe traveling things and such if you get what I mean big grin

I still do not want your character to be a master, because in brief: He can not be

Originally posted by Wild-Cherry

Your character is very OK Cherry big grin

Old Post Aug 18th, 2007 08:42 PM