KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Tales Of Ralennia (Sign-Up and Discussion)

Tales Of Ralennia (Sign-Up and Discussion)
Started by: JaccArlington

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Tales Of Ralennia (Sign-Up and Discussion)

just before anyone EVEN thinks to ask if i got permish...

yes, Ush has approved this.

The land of Ralennia. Once peaceful, though that would come to be naught but fairy tales. A great evil overtook the land, bringing forth a thousand years of darkness. As all seemed lost, a group of sorcerors stepped forth, bringing light to the world once again. So thrilled were the people that they elected to have the sorcerors rule the land, naming the group "The Council".

Two hundred years passed, and the power began to corrupt, leading the land into tyranny, each of the four sorcerors leading their own portion of the land against the others. It was believed that the Mage Wars would bring about the end of the world.

Hope shined. A lone group of freedom fighters has risen to fight the menace that is The Council. Their sole mission to assassinate them and to restore peace. In their mission, however, they will be fighting not only The Council, but their followers, as well...

Okay, I'm thinking that's plenty of explanation... Character classes, of course, will be offered as:

Thief (handy with picking locks, stealing things)
Gunner (uses guns for fighting)
Swordsman (uses sword for fighting)
Melee Fighter (hand-to-hand fighting)
Black Mage (offensive magic)
White Mage (healing magic)

Also, you MUST tell whether or not you intend on aiding or resisting The Council. This is crucial to tyour character's interactions with everyone else. The following is a list of what you need for your character, and after I have finished this post, I will post separately with my character. Please, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me, though I must point out that it may be anywhere from a minute to a week before I can get to you. I'm very busy offline, as well... And with that being said...

CHARACTER SHEETS MUST INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

Name:
Class: (see above for a list of available classes and the significant effect it has on your character)
Alignment: (you are either for or against The Council. so, either "The Council" or "The Resistance" will do here.)
Homeland: {Arctic Region (North), Desert Country (South), Westerlands (West), and Esterlands (East)}
Weapons: (to answer the questions on this, tech is updated to about the days of Final Fantasy 8, even though this has nothing to do with it. And no, Gunblades are NOT a choice of weaponry. your class determines your weapon types)
Appearance: (either a detailed description or you can present a picture for us all to view. whichever tickles your fancy)
Bio: (give us a history of your character. let us know why they are for or against The Council, what drives them, how they came to be the person they are today.)

I believe that is everything. Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to Ralennia...

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Last edited by iKinneas on Dec 2nd, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 10:46 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

Name: Ichigo Kurosaki
Class: Black Mage
Alignment: The Resistance
Homeland: Arctic Region (North)
Weapons: Three red blades on his wrist made out of his father and mothers blood and meteor rock.
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Bio: Ichigo's Father had always had his suspicions against The Council. And witnessed a murder by The Council. Ichigo and his father and mother where going to go somewhere far where they could live peacefully. But The Council caught wind of it and murdered Ichigo's father infront of him. Ichigo then studied the Black Magic Arts, and devoted all his time into ending The Council. He then ran away to the South with his mother who had soon died from a heart attack.

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 11:00 PM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Name: Vincent "Cerberus" Kinneas
Class: Gunner
Homeland: Westerlands
Weapons: Being skilled with all types of guns, Vincent uses 2 dual-wielded Jericho 941's, as well as a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun, and also has been known to carry a .223 caliber semi-automatic rifle with scope for sniping purposes when necessary
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Bio: Vincent was never the most popular person in the world, and it stemmed from the fact that The Council had brought up his family in poverty. He had always been taught to respect the Council, however, since they were in charge of the land. He, regardless of this, decided to hone his skills with guns. His worst suspicions were brought to life when The Council's leaders ordered the burning of his village when he was 10. He and his girlfriend Rika were the sole survivors. He now has started a resistance in the Westerlands against the Council, and is on a hunt for more members to aide his battle... Especially now that Rika has been kidnapped...

<<sorry it took so long, everyone, but I couldn't find a picture that suited him...>>

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 11:18 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

Name: Gizmo Mellet
Class: gunner
Alignment: the council
Homeland: Desert country
Weapons: pistol
Appearance: tall dark and handsome, definately do not describe gizmo, hes short mousy and skatchy, he wears glasses and half of his left arm is robotic. light brown hair and a birthmark under is right eye. blue eyes
Bio: gizmos family became prisoners of the council, and gizmo being very talented with technology and a pretty good marksman was forced to work for the council to earn his families freedom.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 12:53 AM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

very nice job, the both of you. smile as soon as we get some of the others to sign up i'll start the RP thread...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 12:56 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Name: Elijah Diadem
Class: Swordsman
Weapons: Long sword (about as long as Sephiroth's)
Appearance: I'll get back to you on this
Bio: Elijah has lived in fear of attacks by the Council. Due to the many battles he has witnessed Elijah has become a lone wolf never growing close to anyone for anyone that does is normally killed by the Council. Elijah has trained under many swordsmasters to develop a technique of many sword styles but because of this he lacks the strength of many of those styles and carries on more weaknesses.

But Elijah uses his mind to outsmart his opponents in the heat of battle and because of that he is able to contend to some of the best.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 01:09 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
android217
Death's Embrace

Name: Christian Titus
Class: Thief
Alignment: The Council
Homeland: Desert Country
Weapons: Short sword, hidden dagger where ring finger was
Bio: Christian grew up in the south with his uncle due to his parents death... caused by theft. His uncle taught Christian everything he and his parents had learned.After learning, his uncle sent him on a suicidal theft, causing him to get arrested and drafted into The Councils army as an assassin.
Appearence:

Attachment: assassins-creed--20060921105332117[1].jpg
This has been downloaded 111 time(s).

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 01:55 AM
android217 is currently offline Click here to Send android217 a Private Message Find more posts by android217 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurosaki ichigo
Urahara's my Betch

Name: Dogma centerian ( Dog )
Class: White Mage
Alignment: The council
Homeland: Arctic Region (North)
Weapons: A black real oak tree staff and a side dagger.
Appearance: tan white skin. slim.athletic Long blond hair. 5'8 Female. She has black buckle boots. Long red outside rib and in the side is a gold. She wears the hood a lot but sometimes lets her hair free. Red gloves. and light golden sleeves. Slight golden skirt slightly above her knees.
Bio: She was born into the resistance. When she was born the council ransacked a resistance camp stormed in and killed almost everything besides her, so they thought. A few of the younger men at the camp escaped, these younger men where actually Dogmas siblings.One of the council men took her in secrecy and raised her in the council. She is now a powerful white mage and a high authority in the council.

(( Luv ur siggy ESB ))

WOOT FOR FAN GIRLS!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 02:04 AM
Kurosaki ichigo is currently offline Click here to Send Kurosaki ichigo a Private Message Find more posts by Kurosaki ichigo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

pic

Attachment: daipodproject.jpg
This has been downloaded 108 time(s).

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 02:09 AM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has this been approved?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 05:07 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Has this been approved?

Yes, it has =P

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 10:48 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

How does black magic work in this RP? smile

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 02:07 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Has this been approved?

Originally posted by JaccArlington
just before anyone EVEN thinks to ask if i got permish...

yes, Ush has approved this.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 02:08 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

... I think he's lying!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 03:18 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

haha then go check the approval board =]

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 05:43 PM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
How does black magic work in this RP? smile

Very good question, Marie. I am so glad you thought of that.

Black Magic, like White Magic, has basically no set limit to how many times something can be cast (for example, MP or something like that) but rather the amount of pressure your character can take from the magic, as it drains from their life aura to use magic. You can cast until you pass out from exhaustion, for all it's worth. I must point this out, though...

DO NOT GOD-MOD WITH THIS! I AM GIVING YOU PEOPLE A LOT OF LEANING ROOM WITH THIS, AND IF YOU BURN ME ON THIS, I WILL SIC USH ON YOU! FOR EXAMPLE, DO NOT PUT (AND I QUOTE)

quote:
Jacen cast a flame spell around the entire length of the forest, burning down the entire forest for a 16 mile radius. A group of wandering Council loyalists ran up suddenly, and he cast individual Thunder-based spells on every last one of the thirty soldiers, then proceeded to freeze the corpses with Ice-based magic and buried them with a Gravity spell.

No. That's WAY too much magic for a single fight. Not even a Council member should be able to survive that without passing out. This is high-level magic. Instead, perhaps something like...

quote:
Jacen ran out of the woods, exhausted from having cast a flame spell to escape the hordes of enemies. The fire would only serve as a minor distraction, however, and he had to quickly make use of what time he had. As he escaped into the open meadow, a handful of enemies surprised him. He pulled his staff and dagger, knowing that the flame spell had pushed him almost too far to use more than a basic ice shard. Raising a hand to check the tickling sensation on his upper lip, he was not surprised to find a trickle of blood running from his nose. He would have to hurry, as his stamina would not hold out much longer. He suddenly regretted using enough fire to burn down half the forest.

In other words, don't cast left and right. Use your weapons as well. I mean, even Merlin had a sword and dagger that he used moreso then his spells. Magic should not necessarily be a last resort, but don't make it your ONLY means of attacking. Be creative, and enjoy the fact that you can fight and use Magic.

That being said, White Magic, while being primarily healing, will also constitute the Holy Element (such as the spell Holy in Final Fantasy... I know I reference that a lot, but trust me, it has nothing do with this... just the best way I can explain it...) Black Magic constitutes all the other types of spells. (Fire, Thunder, Ice, etc.) I love magic, and wouldn't dream of limiting it to a certain amount of casting, so I won't give a set limit. You know when you're overusing, and if you do so intentionally, it can result in problems with the other members of the RP. That's part of why my Legend of Dragoon RP died. People were casting spells and using damned enhanced speed, leaving no room for anyone to even make a fight interesting. Don't screw it up for everyone, but have fun.

Has this been approved?

Originally posted by Jack Diavolo
Yes, it has =P

... I think he's lying!

Originally posted by Jack Diavolo
haha then go check the approval board =]

It has been approved, and I might add we had at least 15 people on the approval board saying they were in if it did. Feel free to check the board at any time, and if you find that I have not gained the approval you so seek, feel free to report the thread for closure on the grounds of lack of permission. Otherwise... feel free to join at any time, if so you choose!

smile

Oh, and the characters added since my last visit yesterday are approved, as well. Very nice.

Last edited by iKinneas on Dec 3rd, 2007 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 06:36 PM
Kurosaki ichigo
Urahara's my Betch

I think I understand now !!! XD

WOOT FOR FAN GIRLS!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 07:51 PM
Kurosaki ichigo is currently offline Click here to Send Kurosaki ichigo a Private Message Find more posts by Kurosaki ichigo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Tongue

Name: Jacen 'Vrix' Seito
Class: Swords-man
Alignment: The Council
Weapons: Being skilled with all types of swords and blades, Vrix uses a glowing laser sword that uses the power of crystals through a cylinder and concentrates the energy into the shape of a blade using a sun rock(Aka: lightsaber), as well as two normal swords, and shorter blade.
Appearance: [Need to find a suitable image] ((For now just consider him to look like an armoured knight with blonde hair, blue eyes, 185cm's in height, and without armour he wears a white shirt, brown jacket, brimmed hat and brown trousers (Think: Indiana Jones lol).
Bio: Vrix was never a really social person and didnt have many friends in the world, His family had been murdered by a rogue group of rebels. He survived and was taken in by the Council, however, since they were in charge of the land, he, when old enough joined the armies of the Council. His first order was to burn a village, and even though he didnt refuse the order, he tried to stall as long as posible. He knew of, and kept secret, of the fact that Vincent and his girlfriend Rika were the sole survivors, he knew them as onetime friends. Vrix had some doubts about the council, and is searching for members of the resistance to secretly join Vincent and his battle against the council... He found out from other soldiers that his old friends girlfriend had been captured...

((Hope this is ok, is it?))

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Last edited by Jedireaper on Dec 3rd, 2007 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 07:58 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Originally posted by Kurosaki ichigo
I think I understand now !!! XD

I seriously hope it proved enlightening. smile Any more questions from anyone, let me know. PM me or just post here.

Very nice job on Jacen. I assume you got the name from my previous post? j/k Seriously, nice job. I'm skeptical about the lightsaber, but as long as you don't make it cut through people like a lightsaber, I'm okay with it, I suppose... Let's just not get too carried away. Oh, might I also add nice effects using the pink coloration and the purple glow. Very inspired.

Let me get two or three more people to add characters and we'll start this thing. I just don't want to rush it. Sorry for the delay, guys, but I want to be sure we get the devotion to run this properly. I mean, my last RP I started had 3 replies after opening, and two of them were my own, so forgive me if I'm a bit slow starting this one...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 08:26 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Ok... I made the name up actually, from the Vamp RP anyone? but I based my bio along with your as a template so it should join on. The 'light'saber is a blade of light. It would cause burns and cut through some materials but not slice through. I may have my character use one gun instead. Matter of pride: Besides i've seen energy blades in Final Fantasy before.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 08:42 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote