KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » A Place For My Head (Registration)

A Place For My Head (Registration)
Started by: Ripper Jacc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

A Place For My Head (Registration)

A Place For My Head

Jacc Arlington grew up in a small town in western Nevada, where nothing ever happened, and everyone knew one another. He attended an ordinary high school and graduated with average marks, then left home to attend college at a university in Kansas. This would be where his plan faltered. You see, Jacc became a victim of a car accident, and upon reawakening, he found himself in a world very unlike his own. A world of mystic creatures and advanced technology. A world of fantastic possibilities and never-ending discoveries. But most importantly, Jacc found himself awakened in a world at war...

The world of Pandora. At war for the better part of the past 500 years, the people of Imperial City found themselves starting to lose to the more powerful invading armies of Olympia, a land known for its war-hungry races and blood-thirsty nature. Jacc finds himself in the center of a war that has been brewing for centuries, and is all boiling down to the events of the next week...

Now, in order to discover what it was that brought him here, and a means to return home, Jacc Arlington must fight to save Imperial City... or die trying...

I can hear you all now, right? What kind of tech are we talking about, what sorts of weaponry, etc.? Right? Okay, so lemme address that before I get blazed with tons of questions:

For weapons, guns and such are usable, but also available are swords, magic, etc. Keep in mind, characters who wield magic should only control a single element, thus keeping powers from getting out of hand against other players.

Technology... I had trouble with this in the planning stages, but I think we're gonna say something very similar to what the machines were like in FF12. For the sake of argument, we'll say it's the same kind of tech exactly, but not in FF12 this time around.

Now, characters: I want no more than two per person, if that. I would prefer one per person, but if you're an advanced RP player, or if I've seen you successfully control multiples before, two is fine. Also, if you can show me some proof that you've successfully used multiple characters before, that can grant you the second, but otherwise, let's keep it to one. And before anyone else tries laying claim, I'm playing Jacc. For the sake of stifling any arguments.

This has been approved, and I won't bother listing who all said they were interested. I think you all know who you are.

Character sheets will be including, but not limited to:

Name
Race
Appearance
Weaponry

I will post the sheet for Jacc soon so as to give you an example of what I'm looking for.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 02:02 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Name: Jacc Arlington
Race: Human
Appearance: [See Pics Below, First is Real World, Second is Pandora Reign Jacc]
Weaponry: Dual Handguns, Oversized Sword (All gained after awakening in Pandora)
Bio: (because I'm old-fashioned and like people to understand how my character fits in) Jacc was born in a nowhere town in the center of Western Nevada. Graduating from high school, taking perhaps the worst breakup he's ever had, and losign his home were bad enough, so he managed to get himself a scholarship to a university in Kansas, where he intended to make a new life for himself. On the way, his car was totalled, and now he finds himself awakened in a world like no other he has ever seen, the world of Pandora. His only goal: to make it back to his own world alive and in one piece...

(please log in to view the image)

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 03:34 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DangerousBeauty

Name: Linwë Calafalas
Race: elf
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Weaponry: There is an AI in her helmet, the stick thing on her back can send a bolt of electricity through her opponents body when they are hit, two normal daggers, and the claws are used for slashing.
not in armor.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 08:54 PM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbias3d
Paradox

Name: darian hale
Race: lizard/mage type
Appearance: wears a dark cloak, no tail, inverted joint on the leg, small furlike brown spikes running down his back. dark olive green scales, maroon eyes.
Weaponry: dagger, energy crossbow, what appears to be a lightsaber but without the decorative hilt and the sword bends like rubber when it hits something instead of cutting through, black color

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 09:09 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbias3d
Paradox

just a note db, that thing on her back is a sword, a katana actually.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 09:10 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

Name: Hades McKenzie
Appearance: see pic
Weaponry: Long sword, one throwing star and a pistol.

Attachment: adventurous.jpg
This has been downloaded 93 time(s).

MANSON concert on the 17th of feb was Amazing! BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 10:06 PM
TigerEyes is currently offline Click here to Send TigerEyes a Private Message Find more posts by TigerEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DangerousBeauty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mando' Ade
just a note db, that thing on her back is a sword, a katana actually.

not for my girl. its not a blade. its blunt like a Shinai.

i know what a katana is. im not stupid. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 10:45 PM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Name: Wei yuan
Race: human
Appearance: the pic at the bottom of page
Weaponry: da dao (please log in to view the image) and a gladius

and can make and manipulate fire

Attachment: wei yuan.jpg
This has been downloaded 106 time(s).

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 10:54 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I did say that I'd join this on a limited level, didn't I?

Name: Philip Hollowheel
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Weaponry: Telepathy: He can manipulate the minds of others and even intelligent animals within a vast, potentially limitless radius. His notable powers include:

Telepathic Defense: He can manifest his telepathy in a number of defensive ways.
Telepathic Cloak: He can mask his presence and the use of his abilities from being detected by other psionics and psychic entities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well. Cloaking via telepathy is not perfect and powerful psionics may notice and 'see' through this ability.
Cloak Mind: Ability to rearrange the “mental engrams” of others so their distinctive thought patterns cannot be detected by locator devises or by other telepaths.
Psionic Shield: Ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of others minds.
Telepathic Illusions: He can create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
Telepathic Camouflage: He can alter the apparent physical appearance of himself and other people by altering the perceptions of those around him. This can go so far as to make other people believe that the camouflaged people are not there (invisible). A limit, if one exists, is only imposed by the number of people he is trying to fool, not the number of people he is camouflaging.
Telepathic Manipulation: He can manipulate other people's minds easily, achieving a variety of effects.
Mind Control: He can control the thoughts and actions of others.
Mind Possession: He can possess the mind of another, and use that being's body as his own.
Personality Alteration: He can alter the minds of others by force of will, permanently changing their personality partially or entirely.
Mental Paralysis: He can induce temporary mental or physical paralysis.
Mental Amnesia: He can erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.
Mind Transferal: He can transfer both his mind and powers into other host bodies if his own physical body is killed.
Induce Pain: Can also induce mental pain merely by touching the brow of his victim.
Heal Trauma: The ability to erase a person’s memories and to heal mental trauma through “psychic surgery,” the power to stimulate or deaden the pain and pleasure centers in a person’s brain.
Mental Sedating: Can telepathically "sedate" his victims so that, if already rendered unconscious, they remain so for as long as he continues to "sedate" them.
Neural Jumpstart: He can increase the speed of neural signals in the brain, he can increase another person’s powers to incredible levels, but the effect is only temporary.
Dilate Power: Ability to place “psychic inhibitors” in the minds of others to prevent them from using their powers (if present).
Mind Link: Ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual.
Psionic Blasts: He can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and turning someone brain-dead.
Astral Projection: He can project his astral form from his body onto astral planes or the physical planes. In the physical plane, he can travel in astral form over vast distances. In the astral plane, he can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of his environment. He can communicate with others astrally through his own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others.
Mental Detection: He can sense the presence of another superhuman within a small but as of yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.

~Please don't mind the choice of appearance. I don't of know anyplace where I can get some good anime pics.~

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 03:42 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TigerEyes
Immortal soldier

i`m pretty sure your list of powers falls under the too many for one character catergory....might want to review the rules

MANSON concert on the 17th of feb was Amazing! BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 04:17 AM
TigerEyes is currently offline Click here to Send TigerEyes a Private Message Find more posts by TigerEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I know the rules and he said one "element". My basic power is Telepathy with a lot of branch powers. If it's not okay, then he'll have to tell me that himself. And besides, I'm not a main character. The only time I'll really make any major apperances is when other characters need to be guided or something of the sort.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 04:31 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Ordained, I was skeptical at first on reading your character sheet, but since, as you've said, you'll only be along every once in a while, I'm going to allow it. You'll just have to not abuse the amount of power you've got or put some kind of stranglehold on how much you use certain things, but if you intend only to act as a guide, I'm going to let it slide. No more characters from anyone else like this, though. Call it unfair if you will, but he already had my express permission back before the thread was opened.

Everyone else, you all look like you've got it going well. I'll open the game once we have one or two more characters.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 02:21 PM
CaylaSlap

I'm not exactly sure whats going on but I'd like to join. I used to come to this forum/website all the time [She_Seduce] but I tend to get side tracked all the time. Can I get an update. Ill post my info in a minute

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 06:34 PM
CaylaSlap is currently offline Click here to Send CaylaSlap a Private Message Find more posts by CaylaSlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Milady, I'd be more than happy for you to join. More or less, the entirety of the plot thus far is posted overhead in my opening post, but if you have any specific questions or anything, please, by all means, feel free to give me a PM and I'll get back to you the instant I manage to get myself online again, if I'm not at that given moment. smile

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 06:53 PM
CaylaSlap

Name: Halo [last name unknown]

Appearance: [apparently, since I had to make a new name I can't put the image that I want. Damn it]
Stands at 5'6, usually wears a white fitted tee shirt and a dark brown wrap as a skirt,. Her skin is pale as ivory, and her eyes were like pools of emerald jewels. Her nose was small and rounded, her lips full and stained pink. She had a septum piercing [if you dont know look it up] and two full sleeves of tattoo's. She was a lean girl, but she was built nicely. Her hair was pure white, and was dreaded beautifully, they stopped at the small of her back.

Weaponry: Silver Katana embedded with diamonds swirled around the gold handle. "Baby" Desert Eagle holds a 15 shot Magazine Double Action Trigger, 4,5 mm caliber

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 07:59 PM
CaylaSlap is currently offline Click here to Send CaylaSlap a Private Message Find more posts by CaylaSlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayáme Libertine
Al-Bhed Doctor

Name: Ayame Tetskomi/Reina Seshuma

Race: vampire lycan breed/ elven

Appearance: (Ayame) (please log in to view the image)

(Reina)(please log in to view the image)

Weaponry: a tall spear-like staff (Reina) and two vampiric katanas (Ayame)

Bio: when she was but a baby she had a curse put on her, now she lives two differnt lives, one of light and the other of darkness. All that she knows is that she used to have a family.... long ago.

Last edited by Ayáme Libertine on Oct 1st, 2008 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 08:09 PM
Ayáme Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Ayáme Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Ayáme Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

Name: Yondaime Uzumaki
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 176
Appearance: PIC
Weaponry: Black Bladed Short Katana, Shruiken, Throwing Knives,
Smoke Bombs, Heavy Vest, Combat Knife.

Attachment: yondaimeg.jpg
This has been downloaded 87 time(s).

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 04:38 AM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Got you, Jac.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 05:08 AM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

Ordained is that you !?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 07:53 AM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

The one and only Don't be so surprised.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 09:44 AM