KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » Diana

Diana
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Diana

I loved princess Diana.It was a shame her life ended so tragically.
I still rememeber the morning I turned on CNN and read the headline...

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 10:38 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I thought it was so hypocritical that all of the newspapers hated her for leaving her husband for somebody else, and as soon as she died, they thought of her as some kind of a saint or something.

It was my birthday when she died, because I got up early in the morning to see if I had gotten any presents, and it was on the news that she had died just a few hours ago.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 10:44 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

it was a weekend i believe...as i slept late that day

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 10:51 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

"such lovelyness we lost..."

rest in peace, princess of the people.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Punkyhermy on Aug 31st, 2007 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 06:35 PM
Quiero Mota

A lot of people make her out to be a deity, I don't know why.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 06:40 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

I like her teeth
they're really unique yes

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 06:43 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

She was a nice lady, but there are many nice ladies in this world.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 06:49 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
A lot of people make her out to be a deity, I don't know why.

I agree 100%. I could not give two shits about this woman.

She wandered around like a glorified soccer mom and the world acts like she cured cancer.

It may very well be tragic that she endured harassment and constant media attention, but if the very people who bemoan how tragic her life was and how terribly it ended, weren't the same people who went out and bought the very papers that made her life hell, I might have a better understanding of it

Perhaps some of our friends from across the pond can explain why anyone cares about British royalty? And more importantly, perhaps they can explain why I have to hear about her on US news outlets, for the next two months, just because she died ten years ago.

Hopefully, people don't really give two shits about "celebrities" like this and it's all the media telling us how much of a hard-on we have for this chick. (10 fu*king years later!)

Princess Diana and Mother Teresa croak at the same time, and ten years later I still have to see the pinhead wandering around with legless Africans and all you hear about Mother Teresa was that she wasn't really "into" the religion thing?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 07:09 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Diana wasn't a phony as some royalty are. She was nice. She was very very kind. She was great for the world. Shame she's gone. R.I..P., You will be missed.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Originally posted by Devil King

She wandered around like a glorified soccer mom and the world acts like she cured cancer.

It may very well be tragic that she endured harassment and constant media attention, but if the very people who bemoan how tragic her life was and how terribly it ended, weren't the same people who went out and bought the very papers that made her life hell, I might have a better understanding of it

Perhaps some of our friends from across the pond can explain why anyone cares about British royalty? And more importantly, perhaps they can explain why I have to hear about her on US news outlets, for the next two months, just because she died ten years ago.

Hopefully, people don't really give two shits about "celebrities" like this and it's all the media telling us how much of a hard-on we have for this chick. (10 fu*king years later!)

Princess Diana and Mother Teresa croak at the same time, and ten years later I still have to see the pinhead wandering around with legless Africans and all you hear about Mother Teresa was that she wasn't really "into" the religion thing?

Since when did people have to conjure up a fancy list of worldly achievements to consider themselves worthy of love and empathy. Lady Di didn't built a rocket to Mars, but she didn't have to.

I hate the brit royals. Diana is the only exception because she wasn't just another distant glorified symbolic figure on the world stage. She exposed her all to the public. She was stuck in such an unfortunate situation that the public was ALL.she.had. And yess we DID know her because she herself made sure we did.

The loss of her was like a loss of a friend and a neighbour.

sad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 07:58 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Devil King:

Nobody with sense gives a shit about the British Monarchy, as they're nothing more than an archaic relic that holds zero relevance and serves to do nothing more then rob people of their money. The most common argument is; "It's not a lot of money though.", so what? You pay my part if you think it's so cheap and such a good idea. If people want them around for some dumb reason, then let them pay.

Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Since when did people have to conjure up a fancy list of worldly achievements to consider themselves worthy of love and empathy. Lady Di didn't built a rocket to Mars, but she didn't have to.

I hate the brit royals. Diana is the only exception because she wasn't just another distant glorified symbolic figure on the world stage. She exposed her all to the public. She was stuck in such an unfortunate situation that the public was ALL.she.had. And yess we DID know her because she herself made sure we did.

The loss of her was like a loss of a friend and a neighbour.

sad

Turgid horsecrap.

"She didn't have to.", exactly. She didn't have to do anything, people would have loved her because the papers decided she was someone everyone had to love. She was absolutely nothing more than a glorified symbol, she lived a life of luxury paid for by everyone else, and then had the nerve to assume she had a "common touch" because she posed for cameras in third world countries.

You didn't know her, at all. You knew her as much as you know anybody you see on TV. You knew the Diana from TV. Unless you met her and spent time with her, you knew nothing of her.

If she were still around now, as one British journalist said, she'd be desperately attaching herself to whatever the latest issue is, probably global warming.

There was a headline today; "Best Mother in the World.", what the f*ck? Somehow she's a better mother than everyone else because she was famous and acted (Yes, acted) like one of "us"? It's crap, and so was she.

Why do we need another memorial? Mother Theresa didn't get a quarter of the coverage, and if you're gonna tell me Diana did anything close, then you're more of a blind, media driven sheep than you appear to be now. EDIT: I didn't even realise somehow had raised Mother Theresa in this thread either, it just goes to show.

I'm not sad she's gone, or glad she's gone, I couldn't give a crap that she's gone. She did absolutely nothing genuine, at all. To compare her loss to a friend dying would offend me to the highest degree if a friend of mine said that.

You're right, not everyone does need to have worldly achievements to be worthy of love and empathy, but they do need to earn the love and empathy. If you're giving it to her for nothing, at least admit that. Stop giving us the bs of "She was a woman of the people.", she wasn't. She was a leech. The people did more for her than she ever did for the people. The people kept her rich, she kept our papers full of turgid rubbish for years after her death. Nice exchange.

One man was almost beaten to death because he washed his car on the day Diana died, or an anniversary of the death. Lack of respect for Diana, you see (Sarcasm). It's just a case of deranged fools investing way too much in people they really don't know.

To quote the aforementioned reporter; "Surely the form is; you have the ceremony, you grieve, you move on. Why are we having another memorial? What's THIS one about? She's already had a pop concert dedicated to her this Summer. There was a candlelit vigil at Graceland for Elvis's 30th anniversary but at least he made some decent records. When Elvis died RCA said he'd made a great career move, and the same can be said for Diana. She was already approaching her Norma Desmond years when she died in the Alma tunnel. Had she lived, she'd probably be rattling around some dusty chateau surrounded by autographed pics of Duran Duran, bemoaning to her faithful butler that she was still big, the world just got small.".

Most of the people who are saddened by her loss are the people who rightfully didn't give a shit when she was alive, and were guilted into being sad. "Look! She did all this stuff and you don't care!", "Shiiit, better start caring.".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Sep 2nd, 2007 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 09:21 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Turgid horsecrap.

"She didn't have to.", exactly. She didn't have to do anything, people would have loved her because the papers decided she was someone everyone had to love. She was absolutely nothing more than a glorified symbol, she lived a life of luxury paid for by everyone else, and then had the nerve to assume she had a "common touch" because she posed for cameras in third world countries.

Come on people, why is it soo hard to talk about things you know?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

What in the world is your point?!

she was privileged and she acknowledged and lived that life to its fullest extent. Human suffering is universal, no amount of cash and privileges could have spared diana the repeated stabs at her heart that she experienced throughout her short life.erm

The papers never had anything good to say about her during her life, all they did was exploit her. The rest of the non-tabloid based information she personally made sure to be delivered to the public.

quote:
You didn't know her, at all. You knew her as much as you know anybody you see on TV. You knew the Diana from TV. Unless you met her and spent time with her, you knew nothing of her.

I know i know her a lot better than you do.

quote:
If she were still around now, as one British journalist said, she'd be desperately attaching herself to whatever the latest issue is, probably global warming.

quote:
There was a headline today; "Best Mother in the World.", what the f*ck? Somehow she's a better mother than everyone else because she was famous and acted (Yes, acted) like one of "us"? It's crap, and so was she.

Did you even bother to read the conxext?!

It was Harry's comment about HIS mother. He bloody well has every right in the world to designate her whatever title he wishes.

quote:
Why do we need another memorial? Mother Theresa didn't get a quarter of the coverage, and if you're gonna tell me Diana did anything close, then you're more of a blind, media driven sheep than you appear to be now. EDIT: I didn't even realise somehow had raised Mother Theresa in this thread either, it just goes to show.

Because its human nature. We care. We love. We empathize.

Maybe not ideally, but meh welcome to the world.
*shrugs*

quote:
I'm not sad she's gone, or glad she's gone, I couldn't give a crap that she's gone. She did absolutely nothing genuine, at all. To compare her loss to a friend dying would offend me to the highest degree if a friend of mine said that.

HOW do you have ANY way of proving she wasn't genuine? One look at her and all i ever saw was a true and genuinely good but troubled person. Its not rocket science reading people. I don't need to know her personally to gauge the meaning of a gesture here, a morbid gaze there.

quote:
You're right, not everyone does need to have worldly achievements to be worthy of love and empathy, but they do need to earn the love and empathy. If you're giving it to her for nothing, at least admit that. Stop giving us the bs of "She was a woman of the people.", she wasn't. She was a leech. The people did more for her than she ever did for the people. The people kept her rich, she kept our papers full of turgid rubbish for years after her death. Nice exchange.

To quote the aforementioned reporter; "Surely the form is; you have the ceremony, you grieve, you move on. Why are we having another memorial? What's THIS one about? She's already had a pop concert dedicated to her this Summer. There was a candlelit vigil at Graceland for Elvis's 30th anniversary but at least he made some decent records. When Elvis died RCA said he'd made a great career move, and the same can be said for Diana. She was already approaching her Norma Desmond years when she died in the Alma tunnel. Had she lived, she'd probably be rattling around some dusty chateau surrounded by autographed pics of Duran Duran, bemoaning to her faithful butler that she was still big, the world just got small.".

Most of the people who are saddened by her loss are the people who rightfully didn't give a shit when she was alive, and were guilted into being sad. "Look! She did all this stuff and you don't care!", "Shiiit, better start caring.".

One man was almost beaten to death because he washed his car on the day Diana died, or an anniversary of the death. Lack of respect for Diana, you see (Sarcasm). It's just a case of deranged fools investing way too much in people they really don't know.
-AC
[/QUOTE]

Explain what kinds of things make people worth loving and empathizing with.roll eyes (sarcastic)

You are so bitter and cynical all the ****ing time.ermMaybe let go of marginalizing people and concepts that don't fit into your boxed up view of everything?

*rubs face*

i can't argue on an empty stomach. but yesss do continue if you so fancy.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 10:18 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Come on people, why is it soo hard to talk about things you know?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

What in the world is your point?!

That your point is faulty, you didn't know her and she did nothing to deserve the praise she gets. You got an argument to counter that? Present it.

she was privileged and she acknowledged and lived that life to its fullest extent. Human suffering is universal, no amount of cash and privileges could have spared diana the repeated stabs at her heart that she experienced throughout her short life.erm

How do you know? You don't have a clue, you knew her as well as I did. WHO paid for her life? The people. Society did more for her than she EVER did for them.

Don't give me that crap. Stabs at her heart? Oh, the Queen didn't like her, she had a bad relationship, the press bugged her. Big deal, that happens in every day life and WORSE. She was not more important because she was famous. If you have no argument to support your over-dramatic praise of this useless woman, admit it's for nothing, but don't sit there trying to conjure up words that the British press have used for ten years to no effect.

The papers never had anything good to say about her during her life, all they did was exploit her. The rest of the non-tabloid based information she personally made sure to be delivered to the public.

The tabloids gave you a story, she gave you another. Why do you automatically assume everything she said was entirely true, credible and without need to be questioned?

Are you American?

I know i know her a lot better than you do.

We've both met her zero times, we've both been exposed to the same news stories. You know her no better than anybody here, sorry if that upsets you, but it's true. You know her no better than you know anyone in the press.

You know what she wanted to tell you, that doesn't make it true. That's like people claiming Bush is a good man cos he says "nice stuff".

Did you even bother to read the conxext?!

Yeah, it's bullshit. What's your point? Nothing you've said so far as been a convincing argument in favour of the woman. It all amounts to "I like her.".

It was Harry's comment about HIS mother. He bloody well has every right in the world to designate her whatever title he wishes.

Did you bother to read that the Daily Mail said it also?

Because its human nature. We care. We love. We empathize.

Human nature is also stupidity, as proven in this case. You have zero reason to give her praise. I have a counter for every single accolade you can put upon her to show she doesn't deserve the praise, certainly not ten years worth of praise. There are undeniably more deserving people who get less praise.

HOW do you have ANY way of proving she wasn't genuine? One look at her and all i ever saw was a true and genuinely good but troubled person. Its not rocket science reading people. I don't need to know her personally to gauge the meaning of a gesture here, a morbid gaze there.

So you ultimately believe whatever you see on TV? If George Bush looked genuine, you'd just accept it without a second thought? Proof of my argument. You believe and empathise as you are told you, you adhere to what the media designates priority on.

Explain what kinds of things make people worth loving and empathizing with.roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't truly love anybody I've never met, that's called logic. Respect and empathy? That would require acts that are noticeable and of subsequent visible benefit to the world. All she ever did, to our eyes, was stand around in front of cameras with African children.

Do you have any proof to the contrary? She did nothing, as far as we know. There are people doing far greater active work, with genuine results. Nothing she did yielded change, nothing she did changed the way things are in Africa, and you want to know the worst part?

She stands next to a starving African and the first/only thing you idiots notice is Diana, not the state of Africa, Diana. If she truly didn't care about posing for fame, she'd have gone without cameras, undercover, donating her money. She didn't.

You are so bitter and cynical all the ****ing time.ermMaybe let go of marginalizing people and concepts that don't fit into your boxed up view of everything?

Or maybe just stop letting the media tell you who is and who isn't important. Diana did nothing, and all you have to support your argument is an irrational love of this overblown celebrity. Am I wrong? Give me your argument.

i can't argue on an empty stomach. but yesss do continue if you so fancy.

You just can't argue this point at all.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 10:34 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

As Tom Leykis calls her- The worlds most famous Gold Digger.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 10:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
WHO paid for her life? The people.

Nope. Common misconception though.

It is all hysteria with Diana indeed though. And poor old Princess Anne, who has done much better charity work than Diana ever did but simply wasn't a visual stunner so wasn't deified for it. Speaks volumes, that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 4th, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 11:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Devil King

I can understand the British idolizing her, the same way many Americans did for Jackie O. But I can't understand why people in every other country do.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 09:48 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I can understand the British idolizing her, the same way many Americans did for Jackie O. But I can't understand why people in every other country do.

I find British hysteria just as puzzling.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 11:25 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

What exactly did Jackie O really do that merits that? Besides being the ex-wife of a popular assassinated president.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 11:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Wore a pair of dark sunglasses?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 11:38 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Wore a pair of dark sunglasses?

If that's the standard of measure... Both Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder should have demigod status bestowed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 11:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote