KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Is This True???

Is This True???
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Warning Is This True???

Hello all,

A couple of years ago, I was asked to make a short, 10 minute speech in English class on anything that I liked. And so, naturally, 007 came to mind ...

Whilst doing some research for it, I read something rather interesting. According to some magazine tie-in for Bond 20, Bond was actually KILLED in one of Fleming's novels {in "you only live twice", I think}, and then brought back as a zombified hitman in another {which I believe was "TMWTGG"}; apparantly, like Bond being widowed, it was a sign of Fleming's boredom with the character. Is this true? Can any literate-minded JB fans help me out? Thanks.

Ahnold

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 08:01 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

It was actually his clone.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 11:34 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Whilst doing some research for it, I read something rather interesting. According to some magazine tie-in for Bond 20, Bond was actually KILLED in one of Fleming's novels {in "you only live twice", I think}, and then brought back as a zombified hitman in another {which I believe was "TMWTGG"}; apparantly, like Bond being widowed, it was a sign of Fleming's boredom with the character. Is this true? Can any literate-minded JB fans help me out? Thanks.

Sort of true. Ian Flemming "killed" Bond at the end of "You Only Live Twice." He apparently actually intended to end the franchise there, but ended up changing his mind (shades of Sherlock Holmes). We learn in "The Man With the Golden Gun" that Bond survived, but was captured by the enemy. He was brainwashed by them, and TMWTGG begins with him being sent back to England kill M. He fails, and is captured by his own people, who deprogram him.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 11:42 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gregory
Sort of true. Ian Flemming "killed" Bond at the end of "You Only Live Twice." He apparently actually intended to end the franchise there, but ended up changing his mind (shades of Sherlock Holmes). We learn in "The Man With the Golden Gun" that Bond survived, but was captured by the enemy. He was brainwashed by them, and sent back to kill M. He fails, and is captured by his own people, who deprogram him, and he is sent by M to kill another badguy, which he does.

Thanks Greg! Say - that plot would probably make a pretty good Bond movie in itself ...

I wonder why the magazine tie-in said that he came back as a "zombie" then. Perhaps they were talking metaphorically ...

In that case, was "TMWTGG" the last Bond novel Fleming ever wrote?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 11:48 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by Reborn Again
It was actually his clone.

Are you just guessing there? 'Cos what Greg said disagrees with that ...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 11:49 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Originally posted by Ahnold
In that case, was "TMWTGG" the last Bond novel Fleming ever wrote?

Yes. Actually, Fleming died before he could finish it; it was completed by another, unknown author (but the stuff I mentioned happened in the beginning of the book, so that was Fleming).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 11:57 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Wow. I never knew that. Does it sound really disjointed then {because of the input of two authors}?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 11:58 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I didn't think so, although it's been a while since I've read it. Looking around the internet, it looks like Fleming actually died after writing the rough draft, which was than edited by someone else, so it wouldn't be disjointed--the story is all Fleming's, if the writing isn't. It's one of my favorite books, but a lot of other people seem to really hate it.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 12:12 AM
yerssot

wow,... never knew that one greg blink

guess "zombie" works in some way of the word

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 02:33 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

erm..zombie is not only a alive-deadman but it is also used to express the state of mind...that someone's brainless....as if..empty..with no feelings/soul/brain

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:02 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

see, I was right happy

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:06 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

yeah.. stick out tongue guess so

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:03 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

damn straight cool

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:11 PM
Clovie

it is that part when i praise you? ninja

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:15 PM
yerssot

*checks script*
yeah, it says right here... but this isn't the latest version that I got sad

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:19 PM
Clovie

they didn't send me this scene at all, can you imagine? blink

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:24 PM
yerssot

perhaps they thought you had it already?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:27 PM
Clovie

possible... or they though that my part is so unimportant that as well i can have no script sad

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:37 PM
yerssot

but this scene is with you sad

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:41 PM
Clovie

i know. but they've forgot about me sad

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:48 PM