KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Finding James Bond...his DVD movies

Finding James Bond...his DVD movies
Started by: xevius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xevius
Operative

Finding James Bond...his DVD movies

I remember seeing DVD movies on James Bond everywhere. Now they are extremely hard to find. I've been to a lot of online stores (Amazon, Bestbuy, Walmart, Target, even the MGM official web site) and I wasn't able to find the James Bond DVD movies I wanted. I looked at eBay and they sell James Bond movies but they are all come from different countries (UK, Canada, etc.) and I know they are regionally coded for their countries.

The Bond DVD movies I'm looking for are Dr. No, Thunderball, From Russia with Love, You Only Live Twice, and Diamonds Are Forever.

Any help is certainly appreciated. Thanks.

Xev

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 07:42 AM
xevius is currently offline Click here to Send xevius a Private Message Find more posts by xevius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

I haven't seen it ever at stores here sad sorry.

and I have no legal ideas in mind confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 02:03 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Wow, that's suprprising to me, at the Walmart nar my place, those you mentioned are like 6 bucks a piece erm

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 04:17 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

even overhere in the middle of nowhere I can get them on DVD... perhaps you just got bad luck when you take a look? reserve it or something?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 07:45 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xevius
Operative

Stationed here in the U.K., I cannot go to any store and pick up a region 1 (USA) coded James Bond DVD. Online store web sites are my only choice for finding region 1 coded James Bond DVDs. Unfortunately, these DVDs are overpriced by sellers willing to part with theirs. Most online stores, like I previously mentioned, do not sell the James Bond DVDs that I want. I will keep looking. Thanks.

Xev

Last edited by xevius on Jan 2nd, 2006 at 09:24 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 09:19 AM
xevius is currently offline Click here to Send xevius a Private Message Find more posts by xevius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

This might be out of question depending on your situation, but you can purchase a DVD player that's universally coded. Two of mine only play North American coded DVDs, but the other one plays all DVDs since my parents watch like Russian and Ukrainian DVDs on it.

I had the same problem before when I wanted to buy Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and you can only get it in the UK, but now I can order it cause of that player smile

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 07:45 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the best guess I can take is to wait to see if there's a promotional action or something going on and then buy them... or get someone familiar with the device to turn the player into a regionfree one

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:03 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xevius
Operative

I have a friend who lives in San Antonio who will help me look for these DVDs at Wal-Mart or some storefront that has a good selection of DVD movies. This may be a cheaper route then altering my DVD player or having to purchase a DVD player that plays all region codes. Thanks for all the inputs.

- Xev

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 05:40 PM
silver_tears

Well you might wanna consider saving for it anyways because they're quite useful regardless smile

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:55 AM
yerssot

just as long as you have a dvd player that can read those then smile

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 09:07 PM
silver_tears

Also I'm willing to bet once CR hits, they'll make a comeback big grin

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 07:16 AM
yerssot

or if you're in a country that isn't Bond-crazy: they never left

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:00 PM
silver_tears

Well I've never had a problem before happy

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:19 PM
yerssot

no dvd's or they never left?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:27 PM
silver_tears

They never left, and are almost everywhere eek!
Plus I live so near all these malls.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 11:07 PM
yerssot

and ergo you have all of them?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 03:19 PM
silver_tears

Nope, I dont

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:29 PM
yerssot

well, I can dig you don't want the Moore ones but really double oh S, this is outrageous!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 07:04 PM
silver_tears

double o S laughing out loud I like that

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 09:19 PM
yerssot

^pnow you're ditching the subject! *gasps*

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:39 PM