KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Question about the "00" ranks

Question about the "00" ranks
Started by: Doctor Lecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctor Lecter
Cannibalistic Physician

Question about the "00" ranks

I have a question regarding the "Double-Oh" Agents hierarchy. Is 006 a higher rank than 007, or is it the other way around? Does a higher number designate a higher rank in the hierarchy of secret agents, or does a lower number do so? Or are all the 00 agents equal rank?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 09:34 PM
Doctor Lecter is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Lecter a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Lecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

I've been always thinking that only 00 is about hierarchy... confused
like 00 means agent has a licence to kill..and the 6 or 7 part is something random confused maybe it depends on how long someone works in Mi6 confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 09:51 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the 00 indeed does mean you have a licence to kill (not to break the traffic laws).
The number after it, is just a number you get: if 009 just died and they got you to be the new double-oh, you take that number.

Though in the Flemming-books there are only 3 double-ohs at the time and I have to check if there is a hierarchy there, not sure

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 10:08 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I never saw it as a hierarchy with the last digit, but I thought it was with the 0's. Like, if you had an agent that was 7, he was entitled to some things but 07 had a different thing going on, and 007 is what we know and love. I think 001-009 or whatever the highest would be, they're all officially equal, but I think M has his/her favorites, 007 being one of them, and 009 being another, since if I can remember correctly, 009 is the only other one that hasn't been killed yet, right? Unless they did that in a book and its considered canon or something idk. Eh who knows.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:54 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jenzie
you know my name .....

hierarchy?
only operationally, not actually!

You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 01:06 AM
jenzie is currently offline Click here to Send jenzie a Private Message Find more posts by jenzie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I thought 00 was the hierarchy. Ie: you work your way into the 00 rankings....and the last number was just your assigned number.

Like 00 means you have a license to kill, and the 6,7,9 are just your ID numbers within the 00 ranks.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 02:56 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tthe Almighty
Futurama is the best

the 00(7)is a number that tells mi5 that James bond was there seventh undercover agent to be given dangerous mission e.g. saving a women from the grip of say jaws.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 02:32 PM
Tthe Almighty is currently offline Click here to Send Tthe Almighty a Private Message Find more posts by Tthe Almighty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about 0007?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 02:00 AM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote