KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Hooray no more Pierce Brosnan as James Bond

Hooray no more Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Smile Hooray no more Pierce Brosnan as James Bond

I am so glad my nightmare is over with that Pierce Brosnan-The worst James Bond ever other than George Lazenby,is no longer James Bond.That they FINALLY replaced him with somebody else.Back in the 80's when they were first talking about him taking over the role of Bond and then they instead went with Timothy Dalton,I was so relieved over that,then my nightmare came true and they then had to go and Cast Brosnan-who always did such a HORRIBLE job of delivering his lines as Bond,in that role. mad Well at least my nightmare is finally over and Brosnan is no longer Bond anymore.HOORAY. big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post May 14th, 2006 07:17 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Re: Hooray no more Pierce Brosnan as James Bond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I am so glad my nightmare is over with that Pierce Brosnan-The worst James Bond ever other than George Lazenby,is no longer James Bond.That they FINALLY replaced him with somebody else.Back in the 80's when they were first talking about him taking over the role of Bond and then they instead went with Timothy Dalton,I was so relieved over that,then my nightmare came true and they then had to go and Cast Brosnan-who always did such a HORRIBLE job of delivering his lines as Bond,in that role. mad Well at least my nightmare is finally over and Brosnan is no longer Bond anymore.HOORAY. big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

That is old news.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 10:41 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Man you didn't even read what you quoted me on.This thread isn't to discuss the fact that Brosnan will no longer be playing James Bond,which yes IS old news,its to discuss how horrible of an actor he was as James Bond.sheesh.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 10:21 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny cash fan

the new bond rocks.
pierce brosnan's acting was getting old.
the last bond he was in seemed stale, like week old french bread.
but you cant blame it all on him.
the directors give him cheesy typical lines.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 01:01 AM
johnny cash fan is currently offline Click here to Send johnny cash fan a Private Message Find more posts by johnny cash fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

actually it was old from the beginning Bond movies.Yeah I blame it on him because I have ALWAYS found him to be a horrible actor dating back to his days in Remington Steele.In the james Bond movies he was always acting the same way he did in THAT show.I dont know what he is like in other movies but in Remington Steele and in the james bond films,he was just playing himself and not the character of James Bond which is inexcusable.I'll take ANY actor anyday of the year over Pierce Brosnan as James Bond not that they need to make anymore.They really should have quit after Roger Moore retired,its just the same old plots and storys over and over again we have seen before.They dont know the meaning of quit though in hollywood when it comes to James Bodnd films though and I think its pretty safe to say they will keep making them long after were gone and no longer around anymore.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 05:58 PM
Ms Hyde

Never saw Remington Steele, but I didn't think he was THAT bad as James Bond. Not sure if I'm going to like the new guy. Or maybe the trailers just haven't appealed to me yet alien

You people! If there isn't a movie about it, it's not worth knowing, is it? - Metatron

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:30 AM
Ms Hyde is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Hyde a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Hyde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Actually he was better on Remington Steel. At least I thought so, but he wasn't too shabby as Bond either. I still think the best James Bond ever was Timothy Daulton....

psyche........just kidding laughing No seriously, the best James Bond IMO was Roger Moore.

Btw, anyone think Clive Owen would make a good James Bond?
Was he ever considered for the role?

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post May 25th, 2006 04:27 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader sith
darth sparrow

pierce brosnan was a good james bond i dont understand why he stoped

Old Post May 29th, 2006 12:05 PM
vader sith is currently offline Click here to Send vader sith a Private Message Find more posts by vader sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DraconianDevil
Rogue Ice Cream Man

Clive Owen was a favourite at one stage but Daniel Craig is who they went for.

Mr. Parker.. Your making Brosnan out to be the worst actor in the world. He was a good Bond, but definatly not the worst.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:06 PM
DraconianDevil is currently offline Click here to Send DraconianDevil a Private Message Find more posts by DraconianDevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I never said he was the worst.I said that George Lazenby was worse than him.That was my worst nightmare was to have the lame acting Brosnan take over for the role when it happened.I was so much hoping that Dalton would be the one they would keep going with till they got someone else. mad

Old Post May 30th, 2006 06:42 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by DraconianDevil
Clive Owen was a favourite at one stage but Daniel Craig is who they went for.

Mr. Parker.. Your making Brosnan out to be the worst actor in the world. He was a good Bond, but definatly not the worst.

I assume that you meant to say he wasnt a good Bond right? because that would be a correct statement. big grin

Old Post May 30th, 2006 06:43 PM
DraconianDevil
Rogue Ice Cream Man

No, I'm saying that he WAS a good bond, underrated at that. Brosnan was a good actor overall, I'd prefer him over Craig anyday, possibly Roger Moore because he bored me. Honestly, Connery was the best.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 09:52 PM
DraconianDevil is currently offline Click here to Send DraconianDevil a Private Message Find more posts by DraconianDevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Well I cant take you serious now since you said Roger Moore bored you.Roger Moore was almost as good as Connery.He was hilarious in his quips he made where Brosnan did such a horrible job in his line delivery he wasnt funny.Brosnan must have connections in hollywood like Adam Sandler because like Sandler,he is a horrible actor and does a horrible job of delivering his lines.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:05 PM
DraconianDevil
Rogue Ice Cream Man

Obviously you havn't seen the Matador. But anyway, I could see the same thing about Toby Maguire, he sucks as an actor and his films bore me.. but it's my opinion, just like yours with Brosnan. There is no fact really, we could argue for hours upon end and we would still keep our same views. So we have two different opinions lol

Old Post May 30th, 2006 10:21 PM
Sludge

I saw nothing wrong with Brosnan's performance in either Goldeneye or The World is Not Enough, both of which I found to be pretty classic Bond movies. This new guy isn't even passionate about the role he's been given, from what I've read. At least Brosnan had a dream to play arguably the most popular film character ever, and he stuck with it. I don't like the new guy's attitude, and he doesn't look like 007 should.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 09:11 PM
Sludge is currently offline Click here to Send Sludge a Private Message Find more posts by Sludge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

I never saw Lazenby play the role of Bond. A lot of people seem to be completely unaware that he ever even played the role, while other's feel 'Her Majesty's Secret Service' was one of the best in the series. Again I can't comment cuz I never saw it.

But I did see Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan. For most Bond fans the debate comes down to Connery or Moore as the best ever. I side with Moore, I just thought he had a better on screen presence and the episodes he was involved in had a lot of good action as well as some memorable characters like Jaws and Octopussy big grin. I just felt he exemplified everything that the Bond character demanded. style, grace, charm, sophistication, charisma, while still being physically imposing enough to kick some ass if need be and all the while maintaining that classic playboy image with the women. I think if there is one quality that Brosnan lacked was that whole playboy image that I felt was always essential to Bond's character. But that's not completely his fault, at the time he came along the studio decided to tone down Bond's image. They felt it was more PC in todays world that Bond be perceived as less chauvinistic towards women. After Dalton's horrendous run at the Bond character, the studio at one point was even thinking about making Bond a woman laughing ridiculous.

Anyway, I tend to agree with the poster who felt that they should've stopped after Moore but then again 'Goldeneye' was a damn good Bond film considered by many fans as one of the best of the series.

The way I would rank the 4 that I saw play the role are as follows..
Moore
Connery
Brosnan
Dalton

I don't know about this new guy, I don't think I've ever heard of him. I'm not really sure who would be the current best option for Bond, I think maybe Clive Owen would be a good choice just because he proved he could play a badass in both Sin City and King Arthur but again I think he also lacks that charm and charisma that the role demands. I dunno, I'm just waiting for someone to chime in with Jude Law as a possible choice. laughing out loud

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:44 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DraconianDevil
Rogue Ice Cream Man

Daniel Craig, apparantly he doesn't like guns... strange for a Bond isn't it lol. I'm not going to judge him yet, when I see the movie I will judge him. But Jude Law, no no no definatly not.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 09:29 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by RZA
I never saw Lazenby play the role of Bond. A lot of people seem to be completely unaware that he ever even played the role, while other's feel 'Her Majesty's Secret Service' was one of the best in the series. Again I can't comment cuz I never saw it.

But I did see Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan. For most Bond fans the debate comes down to Connery or Moore as the best ever. I side with Moore, I just thought he had a better on screen presence and the episodes he was involved in had a lot of good action as well as some memorable characters like Jaws and Octopussy big grin. I just felt he exemplified everything that the Bond character demanded. style, grace, charm, sophistication, charisma, while still being physically imposing enough to kick some ass if need be and all the while maintaining that classic playboy image with the women. I think if there is one quality that Brosnan lacked was that whole playboy image that I felt was always essential to Bond's character. But that's not completely his fault, at the time he came along the studio decided to tone down Bond's image. They felt it was more PC in todays world that Bond be perceived as less chauvinistic towards women. After Dalton's horrendous run at the Bond character, the studio at one point was even thinking about making Bond a woman laughing ridiculous.

Anyway, I tend to agree with the poster who felt that they should've stopped after Moore but then again 'Goldeneye' was a damn good Bond film considered by many fans as one of the best of the series.

The way I would rank the 4 that I saw play the role are as follows..
Moore
Connery
Brosnan
Dalton

I don't know about this new guy, I don't think I've ever heard of him. I'm not really sure who would be the current best option for Bond, I think maybe Clive Owen would be a good choice just because he proved he could play a badass in both Sin City and King Arthur but again I think he also lacks that charm and charisma that the role demands. I dunno, I'm just waiting for someone to chime in with Jude Law as a possible choice. laughing out loud

I'll still take Dalton anyday of the year over Brosnan as i will Craig over Brosnan.Like i said,I'll take anybody any day of the year over Brosnan.The guy has no charisma or charm which is essential for Bond and was obviously confused when he took over the role because he acted just like he did on Remington Steele. No different at all and thats totally inexcusable.Thats why It was such a nightmare for me when I first heard he was going to play the role.I have seen such an actor with such horrible line delivery as Brosnan. I also have the same agreements with you about Moore as well.I also think he was the best actor to play the role.Its very close between him and connery because they were both good.Not boring as hell lke Brosnan.Just the other week me and a friend of mine were actually watching Goldeneye and we were listening to one of Brosnan's one liner lines and we were like simutanulously saying at the same time-see If that had been Connery or Moore that line would have been funny but Brosnan delivers his lines so badly,that wasnt funny.You are correct that for most Bond fans,the debate comes down to if Moore or Connery was the better with Connery almost always winning out.I can accept that even though Moore is my favorite.You are so correct that Moore had style,charisma,charm,sophistication,style and grace.and his punch lines I think give him the edge for me as being the better Bond.Like in The spy who loved me when that metal attracting machine grabs jaws by his metal teeth he quips-How does that grab you?Those kind of quips would have me rolling in the seats.Thats why when someone who says that Moore was boring I cant take them serious and they are clueless when making such comments.He also seemed more calm and cool under pressure than Connery who seemed to be on the verge of panic in Goldfinger which isnt Bond is another reason I like Moore better.That being said,my rankings are similiar to yours except for Brosnan of course in they would go
1.Moore
2.Connery
3.Dalton
4.Brosnan.Brosnan had no passion for his role as Bond unlike Moore or connery.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 06:43 PM
RZA
Shaolin Monk

I do agree with most of what you said and it does seem that we're on the same page, so to speak, but where I obviously differ is with Dalton. How can you make the statement that Brosnon had no passion for the role and then not apply that same criticism to Dalton? Talk about no passion, the guy was horribly boring in his role of Bond. Talk about lack of delivering timely quips and lack of charm and charisma, Dalton was the epitome of this. I'm sorry but he was just bad, he almost single handily destroyed the whole series, they were seriously considering stopping the making of any more Bond films after him.

We definitely agree on Moore as being the best which is cool to see because it does seem like most fans prefer Connery, I dunno why really, not that he was bad but I think it's obvious to both of us that Moore was just better for the reasons you most eloquently described. I think for most people it's a sentimental choice more than anything. He was the first to officially play the role and therefore people seem to have some kind of nostalgic connection to him. Oh well, whatever, to each his own I suppose.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 04:20 AM
Mr Parker

Well Connery was a good Bond unlike Brosnan or Dalton and he is a very good actor and since he was the first then its probably that nostalgic thing that you mentioned.Speaking of Dalton,I never said that he was a good Bond.I agree with you on your criticisems of him,I just think that Brosnan was even worse with his line deliverys.they were BOTH bad.I just think that Brosnan was even worse.Especially since he didnt prove me wrong in the Bond movies when I dreaded seeing him on the screen listening to him deliver his lines.He may have been in some other movies where he did a good job in his role,but Bond was not one of them.Like I said,he seemed to still think he was playing the same character he played on Remington Steele.He may have done a good acting job in other movies I havent seen,But BOND and REMINGTON STEELE were not one of them.so dont get me wrong,I didnt think Dalton was good either,I just feel that Brosnan was even worse.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 05:43 PM