KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bond Movies Everyone Loved But You Do NOT

Bond Movies Everyone Loved But You Do NOT
Started by: Wanderer11

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wanderer11
Stalker

Bond Movies Everyone Loved But You Do NOT

Most of the people I know absolutely adore Moonraker, yet I have never been a big fan. I have always been amazed that my friends like it as I always thought it was generally known as one of the worst entries in the franchise. I wouldn’t go as far as that, but it is one of the films that if I weren’t to see for a few years, I would not be too upset.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig and avatar.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 03:34 PM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

i didn't mind moonraker it had it's moments but i didn't like the space battle at the end.
for me the movies people seem to like and i don't would have to be
Quantum of Soclist (what a piece of crap, hadn't been to a movie where i looked at my watch so many times for a while)
licence to kill (any bond movie where revenge is the motivation sucks ie QOS)
the world is not enough (pierces worst by far)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 05:19 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer11
Stalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
i didn't mind moonraker it had it's moments but i didn't like the space battle at the end.
for me the movies people seem to like and i don't would have to be
Quantum of Soclist (what a piece of crap, hadn't been to a movie where i looked at my watch so many times for a while)
licence to kill (any bond movie where revenge is the motivation sucks ie QOS)
the world is not enough (pierces worst by far)

I totally agree with you when it comes to QOS. I really didn't like that film, but in saying that I don't know many people who did.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 06:12 PM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

well here at this site,it would be the Pierce Brosnan films.In real life I find most people agree with me that he just plain sucked as Bond but here at THIS site I have found many people that worship him to no end saying he was the best Bond ever or second best after Connery. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 04:42 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Wanderer11
I totally agree with you when it comes to QOS. I really didn't like that film, but in saying that I don't know many people who did.

Funny the impression i got from people here is they liked QOS.
as for pierce being the best bond? no i don't think so Connery is the best and then i would say pierce and roger are a tie for now, have to wait and see what Craig can do in the other ones.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 05:17 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer11
Stalker

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Funny the impression i got from people here is they liked QOS.
as for pierce being the best bond? no i don't think so Connery is the best and then i would say pierce and roger are a tie for now, have to wait and see what Craig can do in the other ones.

I hope Craig can become a great Bond, but if they keep giving him rubbish like QOS he will have his work cut out.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 05:28 PM
Mr Parker

well unlike Brosnan,he is a good actor so there is hope.lol.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 07:07 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by Mr Parker

Brosnan is a far better actor than Craig.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 01:18 AM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer11
Stalker

There is hope, but I have a bad feeling that he will not be remembered as a good Bond.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 04:34 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Zoom

No way.was doing cartwheels when they got smart and let Brosnan go and did not bring him back. Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 06:56 PM
God

No way.was doing cartwheels when they got smart and let Brosnan go and did not bring him back. Happy Dance

You must be the only person in the world to think that way. Brosnan was a great Bond and a better actor than the pretender who is now in the role.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 11:20 AM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

There is hope, but I have a bad feeling that he will not be remembered as a good Bond.

I'm sure that he will be - despite all the criticisms of "QOS", most reviews still seemed to praise his performance. I think he's definitely up there with the best of the Bonds in the general public's perception ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 09:52 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

And in answer to the title of the thread, I've never been a big fan of "OHMSS" - I think that Lazenby did a decent job in the role, but for some reason the film has always left me cold; perhaps I just find it too depressing?

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 09:54 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dhajack

I can't more details for bond movies.But i like this concept.This tittle is familier for everyone.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 12:11 PM
dhajack is currently offline Click here to Send dhajack a Private Message Find more posts by dhajack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

GoldenEye & Goldfinger

Both aren't neccessarily bad. They just aren't great. Overrated is the term.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 04:27 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Power

I was never a big fan of Tomorrow Never Dies.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 11:56 PM
The Power is currently offline Click here to Send The Power a Private Message Find more posts by The Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by The Power
I was never a big fan of Tomorrow Never Dies.

I thought that was Pierces best.

They were always wanting Pierce after Moore, but he couldn't get out of his remington steel contract.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 06:23 PM
Mr Parker

well he is so miscast in the part in the first place having a balding receding hairline with grey hair so yeah Im sure your right.lol.I couldnt believe he was only 40 when he took on that role,he looks 10 years older.what i think is really funny though is they let Brosnan go saying that he had become too old for the role yet Moore was much older than Brosnan was when He left Bond and he got to leave on his OWN terms.The reality is Brosnan was so bad they finally realised that and did not want to hurt his feelings so they made up that excuse. laughing

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 09:57 PM
Alpha-7
No.1

well he is so miscast in the part in the first place having a balding receding hairline with grey hair so yeah Im sure your right.lol.I couldnt believe he was only 40 when he took on that role,he looks 10 years older.what i think is really funny though is they let Brosnan go saying that he had become too old for the role yet Moore was much older than Brosnan was when He left Bond and he got to leave on his OWN terms.The reality is Brosnan was so bad they finally realised that and did not want to hurt his feelings so they made up that excuse. laughing

You are the only Bond fan I have ever come across who has such bad things to say about Brosnan.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 02:56 AM
Alpha-7 is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Zoom

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 03:25 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote