KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » CHRIS NOLAN (The Dark Knight, Inception) wants to do JAMES BOND films.

CHRIS NOLAN (The Dark Knight, Inception) wants to do JAMES BOND films.
Started by: Zoom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
God

CHRIS NOLAN (The Dark Knight, Inception) wants to do JAMES BOND films.

This could be fantastic news for the Bond franchise. This is a man who has shown he is one of the brightest Directors currently working and he likes to surround himself with great actors.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 09:28 PM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateCake

This won't happen. Why would they want to change a winning formula?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 09:33 PM
ChocolateCake is currently offline Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

as much as I love Nolan as a director,even he wouldnt be able to turn around the Bond franchise.Everything that can possibly be done with it HAS been done,their just repeating things from the past now.The Bond franchise should have ended after Moore retired but it will go on forever Im sure.as long as they can still makes films in hollywood their will be no end to it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 12:16 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Of course this is a major possibility as QOS was a disaster and they are beginning to realise that this reboot was a mistake. At least they now have the chance to change things. The biggest change of course has to be the actor playing Bond.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 02:42 AM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Power

I like Nolan's work but sometimes a big name director can overshadow the film he is helming and I think this would happen if he were to get a Bond film.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 12:28 AM
The Power is currently offline Click here to Send The Power a Private Message Find more posts by The Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Power
I like Nolan's work but sometimes a big name director can overshadow the film he is helming and I think this would happen if he were to get a Bond film.

What rubbish. Nolan would not overshadow the film at all. He could actually make the franchise worth watching again.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 10:36 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would be nice, but I doubt Nolan will ever do a Bond film.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 03:21 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by 003
Of course this is a major possibility as QOS was a disaster and they are beginning to realise that this reboot was a mistake. At least they now have the chance to change things. The biggest change of course has to be the actor playing Bond.

Fortunately they got rid of Brosnan. laughing stick out tongue stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 07:34 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by MildPossession
It would be nice, but I doubt Nolan will ever do a Bond film.

agreed.Like I said,even as much as I love Nolan as a director,everything that can be done with James Bond HAS been done with him.their just repeating things they have done in the past now,you see it in all the newer films.I wish they would just end the franchise now but like i said,as long as hollywood keeps making movies,they'll keep making Bond movies unfortunately. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 07:38 PM
God

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Fortunately they got rid of Brosnan. laughing stick out tongue stick out tongue

Well I think I speak for all true Bond fans when I say that hopefully they see sense and get rid of Daniel 'the most actor ever to portray Bond' Craig next!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 02:17 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh stop going on about 'true' Bond fans... Just because someone likes Craig, doesn't make them any less of a Bond fan.

A LOT of people thought Craig was a wonderful Bond.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 03:51 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Mr Parker
as much as I love Nolan as a director,even he wouldnt be able to turn around the Bond franchise.Everything that can possibly be done with it HAS been done,their just repeating things from the past now.The Bond franchise should have ended after Moore retired but it will go on forever Im sure.as long as they can still makes films in hollywood their will be no end to it.
Turn around? It's in as good a place as it's been since the Connery era.

I wouldn't put it past Nolan to come up with an original story. Sure, the chases, fights, girls, etc. would be the same but I could envision Nolan coming up with an original, relevant plot.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 04:34 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Th3birdman
Beast mode: off [on]

Originally posted by 003
Well I think I speak for all true Bond fans when I say that hopefully they see sense and get rid of Daniel 'the most actor ever to portray Bond' Craig next!

Bollocks. Craig is THE best Bond since Sean perfected it. Period.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 11:50 PM
Th3birdman is currently offline Click here to Send Th3birdman a Private Message Find more posts by Th3birdman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by MildPossession
Oh stop going on about 'true' Bond fans... Just because someone likes Craig, doesn't make them any less of a Bond fan.

A LOT of people thought Craig was a wonderful Bond.

amen to that.so very true. thumb up He sure goes on a lot of mindless rants.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 06:28 PM
Squirrel Fart

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 08:26 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

meh, if he did, i would go see it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 06:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

As awesome as I'm sure a Chris Nolan Bond film would be, I'm fairly certain this will never happen. The Broccolis have never gone for big name directors (although that could all change if Sam Mendes does indeed still end up directing Bond 23) - probably because they want to retain a level of creative control over the films that the big name directors would not be prepared to give up.

I still wonder sometimes how different a film "For Your Eyes Only" would have been if Cubby Broccoli had agreed to let a young, enthusiastic director by the name of Steven Spielberg helm it...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 11:15 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by Ahnold
I still wonder sometimes how different a film "For Your Eyes Only" would have been if Cubby Broccoli had agreed to let a young, enthusiastic director by the name of Steven Spielberg helm it...

then bond suddenly wouldn't have been an orphan but had a father who never gave him any love

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 09:35 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Well that may well be wink ... but honestly, I'd love to have seen Spielberg try and pull off a father-son 007 adventure a la "Last Crusade" -they could even have gotten Sean Connery to play Roger Moore's father (the fact that Moore's actually older than Connery be damned!) stick out tongue .

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 02:28 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Meh, movie Bond is dead until MGM can sell it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:54 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote