KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Heard of Fable?

Heard of Fable?
Started by: DyceIBG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DyceIBG
The Punisher

Heard of Fable?

If you havn't heard of the RPG called Fable coming out for the X-Box then you should check it out. It is supposed to be released in the spring, but you know how that goes. It seems to be a great RPG for the Box, and I will be dissapointed if it is because all of the other RPG's for it sucked or was way too short (Baldures Gate: Dark Alliance had to be the shortest RPG of all times man). But anyways, go to a site that reviews games and check it out. I think there is a review on it at XBoxCentral.net
http://www.xboxcentral.net/

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 02:39 AM
DyceIBG is currently offline Click here to Send DyceIBG a Private Message Find more posts by DyceIBG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

According to Gamespot it will be release in May. Damn it I want it play it before Halo 2 get's out first!!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 08:29 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Carth
I'm the main man, punk.

Wasn't it called Project Ego years ago?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:30 AM
Carth is currently offline Click here to Send Carth a Private Message Find more posts by Carth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bandon
Wasn't it called Project Ego years ago?

Yeah but I guess Peter Molyneux decided to change the name a year ago. I think that Blue box felt that Project Ego wasn't a very attracting name for a fantasy RPG game.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:48 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

its supposed to be good, but we'll see when it comes out. no use speculating on beta screenshots when it comes to an rpg. I do find the concept very interesting. If it works out then theoretically I can use dark powers for doing good. If it doesnt then you probably wind up filling up the typical roles, mighty hero or dark sorcerer.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:52 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DyceIBG
The Punisher

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
its supposed to be good, but we'll see when it comes out. no use speculating on beta screenshots when it comes to an rpg. I do find the concept very interesting. If it works out then theoretically I can use dark powers for doing good. If it doesnt then you probably wind up filling up the typical roles, mighty hero or dark sorcerer.

good point. I've been fooled a couple of times with looking at screenshots (Baldures Gate to be the biggest). And I hope that it works out like it's supposed to. I hate short RPG's man. Pisses me off like nothin else.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 04:06 AM
DyceIBG is currently offline Click here to Send DyceIBG a Private Message Find more posts by DyceIBG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

There was a preview of this game on Spike TV VGAs. It looks awesome. No need to fear if this will be a good game, it will be.

Have any of you played Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Talk about a long RPG. I finally beat it and haven't done half the stuff that is possible in that game. You can actually sit down and read books in that game, full length books! Not that anybody wants to do that, but it there.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 08:15 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

big grin I want....

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 08:22 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by Lag
There was a preview of this game on Spike TV VGAs. It looks awesome. No need to fear if this will be a good game, it will be.

Have any of you played Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Talk about a long RPG. I finally beat it and haven't done half the stuff that is possible in that game. You can actually sit down and read books in that game, full length books! Not that anybody wants to do that, but it there.

actually, Elderscrolls 3 doesnt have 'full length' books, maybe a few pages with an excerpt. However, Elderscrolls : daggerfall has full length books I believe. It is a very nice feature though.

secondly, I dont think fable will have anywhere near the depth of an elderscrolls game. Theres always hope though wink

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 10:36 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Have you read about it. They have an enginge where everything you do matters including fights that will leave you with life long scars. I just thought that maybe they won't have any room for much depth because of the engine. sad I'm having more thoughts about how beautiful the game is, which usually takes away depth. Unless it pulls a Halo and has depth, length, and looks.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 05:25 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

the game, at this point, is good... how GREAT it will be remains to be seen but the concept hasn't been done before... and honestly, I didn't think it was possible...

This game is the most ambitious out there, by far. Not one game comes anywhere close to aiming how high this one does. Couple that with a massive development time and I really can't see how this game can suck. Odds are it will be the very best game ever, honestly. MHO.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:17 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote