KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Spike TV VGAs.....What the hell!?!??!

Spike TV VGAs.....What the hell!?!??!
Started by: Lag

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lag

Spike TV VGAs.....What the hell!?!??!

What the hell was this. It wasn't an award show for video games, it was a variety show. mad I sat down to see my favorite video games win awards, not to see crappy bands and recording "artist" do their thing. mad Although I did enjoy the wrestling match, but that was sort of an exceptance speech for Smack Down. This thing was 2 hours long and it had maybe 30 minutes of video game related things.

Even though it was a crappy event there were highlights:
Game previews: Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Halo 2, Fable, Driver 3, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, The Sims 2, Grand Turismo 4.
Awards: Enter the Matrix: Best movie to game adaption, DOA Beach Volleyball: Best animation, Sould Calibur II: Most addictive, Splinter Cell: Best Hand-held, Knight of the Old Republic: I forget, True Crime: Best action game, Smack Down: Best fighting game,Ray Liota: Best actor in a videogame, Tony Hawk's Underground: Best sports game, Halo: Best PC game, Halo 2: Most anticipated game of the year.

This is all I remember add your thoughts and more awards.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 09:35 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Is it gona rerun? I wana c!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 09:36 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i watched five minutes of this, and the only five minutes i saw were half naked woman, and crude jokes. Yeah that was the positive part. Then i realized they needed half naked woman and crude humor to make up for a show with no substance. For a show being about video games. It diddnt seem to have to much relating to video games

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 10:28 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

ya the only thing that made the show really good, was the chics...

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 11:18 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zebra 3
Striped Tomato

I told myself before last Thursday's VGA that if GTA: Vice City didn't win for Best Game it was probably fixed.

Watching EA's commercials at fast-forward speed during the breaks only added to my suspicion. Besides the top category disappointment, alot of the winners I expected, including Best Performance by a Human, Ray Liotta in Vice City, and even though Bay City's coolest cat didn't win, I was glad to see Liotta was there in person to accept his award.

The host, David Spade had his moments, and the WWE wrestling was fun, but I didn't care for any of the live music.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 01:20 AM
Zebra 3 is currently offline Click here to Send Zebra 3 a Private Message Find more posts by Zebra 3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

My thoughts excactly. Oh I just remembered what Knights of the Old Republic won for. Best Fantasy Game.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 05:19 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Who else was in that catagory. In FF was in there and lost, I'm going to kill everyone.

At least Enter the Matrix won best game based on a movie. Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 12:34 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

I'm not sure but I think FF won for best online game. I didn't even know it was an online game. I'll have to check on that one to make sure.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 04:56 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

FF 11 is an online game, but I don't think it won. Worst more was in the fantasy catagory. Correct me, but isn't Star Wars Jedi Aca. a scifi game, yet won?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:09 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

I didnt see it, whens the rerun?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 02:39 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

To be honest, I think The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King should have won Best Movie Based Game. But then again the movie hasn't been released in the US yet but still.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 11:21 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

RotK vg is just a replay of the movie. ETM does more than just show the movie, it has it's own storyline, which makes it btter then other vg that are exactly like the movie.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 11:56 PM
jinXed by JaNx

vice city came out in 2003? i thought it was last year. Most of the games on this shitty show hadnt even been released yet, or were only out for about 2-3 months. that show had nothing to do with video games, if you think it did you were fooled

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:34 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

I don't think ROTK was up to win, ETM was up against Two Towers.

Yeah, I waited for like a month and made sure I had nothing to do that night to watch it and it had nothing to do with video games.

Did anybody catch G-foria? It was on G-4, the gamers channel, a while back. It didn't really have a set audience people were just walking around playing video games and other people were getting awards for it. That's how a video game awards show should be, not a variety show.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:28 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I want to watch G4, but my parents are too cheap to get digiat cable.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 12:09 AM
Lag

hahahaha Yeah the only time I get to see is when I go to my grandparents house. That show rules. They have shows about cheat codes and secrets and up-coming games and tournaments, it's just too good.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:29 AM
The Crab
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spike tv is for black and hispanic gangstas, white nerds, and is not for real gamers like me which are the asian ones. No offense to anyone but you americans are...

Note the Sarcasm

Last edited by The Crab on Dec 15th, 2005 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 03:32 PM
The Crab is currently offline Click here to Send The Crab a Private Message Find more posts by The Crab Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Crab
Spike tv is for black and hispanic gangstas, white nerds, and is not for real gamers like me which are the asian ones. No offense to anyone but you americans are...

Racist. happy

Seriously, leave. This was an old dead thread (no one posted for 2 years) and you had to bump it just for racial slurs.

Reported.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 03:36 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Crab
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Racist. happy

Seriously, leave. This was an old dead thread (no one posted for 2 years) and you had to bump it just for racial slurs.

Reported.

I didn't mean it lik ethat roll eyes (sarcastic) i meant the channel it's self spike tv are sterotyping people roll eyes (sarcastic) did you not see the sarcasm sheez

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 03:38 PM
The Crab is currently offline Click here to Send The Crab a Private Message Find more posts by The Crab Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Still, reported. stick out tongue For the comments and also bumping threads for no reason.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 03:41 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote