KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best SNES RPG?

What is the best RPG game released on SNES?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Final Fantasy III 8 30.77%
Crono Trigger 4 15.38%
Mario RPG 3 11.54%
Earthbound 1 3.85%
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals 0 0%
The Secret of Mana 3 11.54%
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 7 26.92%
Other 0 0%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best SNES RPG?
Started by: Linkalicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Best SNES RPG?

In your opinion what is the single best RPG that was released on the SNES game system? If your favorite is not listed then please tell us what your favorite RPG is...

I think that my favorite game on SNES in general was Crono Trigger. I don't know why i like the game so much, i think it's the story and the side quests that really get me going, but i just think it was better than the others...

Last edited by Linkalicious on Jan 6th, 2004 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 06:18 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

A Link to the Past for me. It surpassed any other RPG I've ever played.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 08:31 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Ugh you have to ask? lol.. honestly these are all great games but

Final Fantasy III (VI)

2nd would be Chrono Trigger

3rd would be Mario RPG

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:14 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

is FF III the same as FF VI? because i was wondering why i had never seen VI before. And right now i'm playing Lufia II and Final Fantasy III, and i must say that Lufia is a really well put together game. Not as good as most on the list, but definitely worth putting some time into it. Does Final Fantasy III have a bunch of side quests to get better equipment or is it basically a linear storyline?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:48 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

FFIII (america) is FF VI (Japan) just more final fantasies came out in japan before they hit america, so all the numbers got screwed up. Its like chrono trigger but deeper heh.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i haven't gotten far enough to say whether or not it is deeper yet. I know that i really enjoyed the story in crono trigger but most of all i like how you could fight the last boss at almost anytime in the game. And i also liked how there were multiple endings to the game. Beating it with just Crono at the very begining in Game Save + mode was a lot of fun. Actually i'm just about to get Sabin in my group but i can't figure out his little button combo technique because xbox controllers are different than SNES controllers. Once i figure out that combo...then i'm back on a roll.

Last edited by Linkalicious on Jan 7th, 2004 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:37 PM
[D_A]Kherr

What about A Link to the Past Linkalicious?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 08:44 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

It's 2nd on my list. I love the zelda series more than any other series in video games, but the original Crono Trigger was probably my favorite game all time. (weird how the 16 bit-er out does the rest of them.) I just wish they wouldn't have screwed it up with that crappy Crono Cross sequel (which wasn't that bad, just not up to par.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:27 PM
JRatT12

i have to go with Mario Legend of the seven stars just because it was the first RPG that i really got into (basic because i could finally well when i got the game) And i like Mario he is clasic.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 04:30 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i love final fantasy....ff6 has to be right up there with ff7 to most all time favorite rpgs....never have i heard a bad thing said about it...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 02:01 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

FF7 was too cartoony.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 02:20 PM
Linkalicious

those graphics were innovative at the time of it's release...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:44 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i agree...ff7 was so...out there...too out there...my guess was it wasnt medievil with the others....it felt like...metallica trying to do alternative(im talking about their last two albums)honestly i didnt like ff7...all the others i could "feel it"...but ff7...it was too out there....i couldnt feel it...it was just ...bleh....but thank god they took that concept and remade it into ff8(which i think is the GREATEST!)

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 06:06 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

yeah i think 8 was better than 7 because of the story and the graphics, but i liked the characters more in 7 than 8. Seifer's got nothing on Sephiroth...Cloud owns Squall....and Rinoa is a joke compared to Aeris.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 06:18 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i beg to differ....rufus is nothing compared to seifer(demon slice baby!)
squall could annhilate cloud(lionheart = pwnage!)
and rinoa pwns aeris like the dog she is(aeris has probably like 3 limit breaks...rinoa has 9...one that casts invincibility btw)

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 06:25 PM
Linkalicious

rufus? i thought the direct comparison would be seifer-sephiroth. which one is rufus again? And your right Lionheart does pwn but don't discredit Omni-slash (it's why Lionheart is as cool as it is) And IMO limit breaks or not, Rinoa was a joke with that little frizz-bee she was throwing around. I made my previous judgements based on character...not really their Limit Breaks.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 07:11 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

as for seifer...why would i compare a middle of the game boss with a end one?(take a good look at rufus.... hes seifer improved...)

"And your right Lionheart does pwn but don't discredit Omni-slash (it's why Lionheart is as cool as it is)"as i said...ff8 is a great remake of ff7...

"Rinoa was a joke with that little frizz-bee she was throwing around."
o like that stupid pole was any better....

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:46 PM
[D_A]Kherr

Ok, get back on track people, we are talking about the best RPG on SNES, not PS1 or their characters.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 06:29 PM
Linkalicious

you were the one that made the 1st ff7 comment. n trace i agree on the great remake comment. Both were equally good, ff7 just has more nastallgic value.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 04:15 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Final Fantasy 3, best rpg for any system ever.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 10:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote