KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo DS

Nintendo DS
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Nintendo DS

Has anyone seen Nintendo's latest one (figuratively speeking, no pics have been released) the Nintendo DS (Duel screen). You'll be able to have 2 screens at once eg. Map on top game on bottom.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 04:35 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Lotus
king of the underworld

hmm...sounds cool i guess....has anyone heard of the online modem for the gamecube?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 10:18 PM
DaRk Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Spike, whens the DS planned to be released?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 10:24 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

is it a portable? or a controller? a kind of prepheral?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 10:52 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

On Splinter Cell, you can use the GBA to do that already...

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 10:53 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

it's supposed to be a portable and it's supposed to have a gig of memory. too bad they haven't released a picture of the damn thing yet, because i'm having trouble envisioning it. Also, i fail to see the value in having duel screens. great a freakin map screen...isn't that why they put a select button on the damn system.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 11:16 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well theoretically for some games they can fill both screens with the game view... making it pretty useful for first person camera views, or even rts games

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 03:55 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yes but also you can only look at one thing at a time. It sounds to me like Nintendo are just throwing out some idea with a small chance of working in order to combat Sony's PSP. Don't get me wrong, I like Nintendo, but I do think they've been slipping up a bit lately.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 07:21 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Sounds great. Another system to go buy, making the GC obsolete. Nice.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:45 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 06:51 PM
S_D_J
Bane

GREAT nintendo can't live if they don't came up with a console every 2 years... will they ever stop!!??

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 01:43 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xed
Radioactive butt monkeys

If anyone got the new issue of NGC UK they show you what it looks like. Although it may be a rough outline it looks good.

lets start off with a square. This square can flip out like an Sp but there are no buttons. On either side of the bottom screen there is a gamecube style analogue stick and on the other side the usual a, b, x, y, etc buttons.

Looks good. I apologise for not being able to post pics.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 10:27 PM
Xed is currently offline Click here to Send Xed a Private Message Find more posts by Xed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

that is how Nintendo keeps ahead of the game. That's how they get the better companies, such as SquareEnix (squresoft), to make games for them because they have a variety of systems to make games on, so they aren't limited to just one.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 06:47 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Eh, heard of it but I'd rather wait for the new gameboy, and no this isn't it. I read an article about it and there will be this, and a new gameboy. E3 will bring more info, for sure.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:22 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xed
Radioactive butt monkeys

Role on E3 then only about 2months to go.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 02:51 PM
Xed is currently offline Click here to Send Xed a Private Message Find more posts by Xed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote