KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda (2005)

The Legend of Zelda (2005)
Started by: Red Superfly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

E3: New Zelda Game And Online Ds Unveiled!

Wow, I mean wow.

Just finished watching the E3 webcast from Nintendo.

I'm truly gobsmacked. First Nintendo unveil the brilliant DS (Dual Screen Gameboy) which will be ONLINE FOR FREE, and the new Metroid Prime, they go and show the NEW LEGEND OF ZELDA GAME FOOTAGE!

Horseback combat/jousting, shit-loads of enemies at the same time, and a return to Ocarina Of Time style graphics! Despite claims that it would be like Wind Waker, it was shown up and running as a dark, gloomy, rain-ridden epic of a game. Fire and brimstone, awesome fights, horseback riding and brilliant graphics, and it'll come to the Gamecube.

I'm still trying to pick my jaw off the floor. Ocarina Of Time is my favourite game of all time, and this looks like the TRUE sequel.

When it will arrive, still remains to be seen.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 07:34 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

Re: E3: New Zelda Game And Online Ds Unveiled!

What do you mean the DS will be online for free? What do you mean exactly?

Sounds like Zelda won't dissapoint. Thanks for the info. Anywhere we can find game play footage on the net?

Old Post May 11th, 2004 08:09 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

The Zelda series is incapable of disappointing yes

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 11:21 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I got the traiiiiler big grin

Old Post May 11th, 2004 11:49 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I wanna see sad sad sad

*pouts*

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 12:38 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Hm, well maybe I'll post the link shifty....

http://start.download.filefront.com...82d
e42b6
devil

Old Post May 12th, 2004 12:42 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

i can't see it erm

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 04:09 AM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

It's in Quicktime, www.apple.com/quicktime

Old Post May 12th, 2004 04:24 AM
Red Superfly

The DS will let you play your DS games online and for free using WiFi technology (online without wires).

I was watching the webcast, and when they announced this everybody in the audience was going "Wooooooooooooooooo! YEAAAH!" and applauding and stuff. Big news.

I think I heard Sony's PSP just crap itself.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:08 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Here's a great link for everything E3 related. It shows what the DS can do, and has footage of the new Zelda to download.

Zelda, Nintendo DS and other big E3 footage

Also, there's footage up on gamespot.com. You have to sign up (no need to pay for gamespot complete either), but there you can just stream the videos and just watch them without having to download.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:19 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I think I heard Sony's PSP just crap itself.
Uh, I didn't? Online gaming is cool, but that's not why I play games. I play them for the same reason when the SNES was out, to have fun, and I can have plenty fun without online gaming. If online is what you care about, have fun then.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 02:56 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

new zelda game looks sexy!!

Old Post May 12th, 2004 03:07 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

OMG.....I am a happy man once again....this looks great!!

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:16 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
Uh, I didn't? Online gaming is cool, but that's not why I play games. I play them for the same reason when the SNES was out, to have fun, and I can have plenty fun without online gaming. If online is what you care about, have fun then.

Um, dude, online gaming comes from the box. It's not like other online thingies where you actively search it out, Nintendo are actually GIVING IT TO YOU. You get a DS - you will use online functions, as easy as using offline functions. It's that simple.

And the PSP probably thought it had everything figured out - heck I think we all thought that the PSP would maim anything Nintendo could cook up, but it clearly hasn't, with Nintendo keeping its cards close to its chest then revealing its royal flush.

I'm undecided which will truly be the better handheld, I'm gonna wait this one out. But I'm pretty sure Sony at least went "GULP!" when they saw Nintendos machine is online for free, and as soon as you switch it on out of the box it'll be online and ready. That's gonna be VERY appealling to those that don't like messing around with ISP's and geek-speak. It's making online gaming easier than anything before. It sounds awesome.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:09 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I didn't say it wasn't included, I know that, I just have different priorities in gaming. Never said it wasn't cool, it's not the deciding factor for me as a gamer. The DS isn't going to have the new portable MGS, or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, now there's reasons. Content, not flashy gadgets, is what I'm looking for. The new Metroid for the DS looks very promising, however. We'll see, it's still very early in the game.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:50 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I saw the trailer. It looks okay, but in terms of gameplay, it doesn't look like it's going to be anything other than a repeat of ocarina of time, with better graphics and a slightly different storyline.

Halo 2 looks cool though.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:27 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You want content JKozzy. First, if you look at the content for the original GB and GBA, they have content. It's assumed that the DS will have enough content for games to make you happy. Also, with the DS, you can play GBA games and GB games also with it. It's backward comptatible with both Game Boys.

So, DS will have alot of new content because developers are not treating GBA as the do with the Gamecube. So i think thats enough content for one little system.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 06:13 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
I saw the trailer. It looks okay, but in terms of gameplay, it doesn't look like it's going to be anything other than a repeat of ocarina of time, with better graphics and a slightly different storyline.

Halo 2 looks cool though.

Um, right, from a quick one/two minute trailer you can judge this?

Halo 2 had a TECHNICAL DEMO, showing how it would play.

Zelda is using the Wind Waker engine (obviously modified slightly), so there will be things that will be in it that Ocarina Of Time could only dream about. Plus, didn't I say horseback fighting? A quick minute trailer shows that they already have two or three new concepts in play already. Who knows what else will be added and shown?

"It looks okay", man what do you people want, BLOOD?

Old Post May 13th, 2004 09:30 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well if you look at the all of the Zelda's each one of them are masterfull and create something more unique than the early ones. I think the new Zelda will kick ass.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 07:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No worries then

yup very much every one has been completely unique and has something new and different everythime.....they are not just churning out sequels they are creating completely new games. Gotta say the horseback fighting looks so cool.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 01:42 PM
No worries then is currently offline Click here to Send No worries then a Private Message Find more posts by No worries then Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote