KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Whats the best Drifting game around?

Whats the best Drifting game around?
Started by: smokeurbesmoked

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
smokeurbesmoked
SmOkEuRbEsMoKeD

Whats the best Drifting game around?

i think that Gran Turismo 3 and Need For Speed: Underground are the best when it comes to drifting....GT3 for realistic drifting and NFS: UG for just old fasion hard core drifting....what do u guys think????

Attachment: wide-body m3.jpg
This has been downloaded 36 time(s).

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 05:17 AM
smokeurbesmoked is currently offline Click here to Send smokeurbesmoked a Private Message Find more posts by smokeurbesmoked Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

NPS:Underground for PS2

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 06:32 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smokeurbesmoked
SmOkEuRbEsMoKeD

yea for PS2

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 06:33 PM
smokeurbesmoked is currently offline Click here to Send smokeurbesmoked a Private Message Find more posts by smokeurbesmoked Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Miata_Drift

OMG

NFSU is not close to realistic at all, GT3 is not all that real even with "simulation" tires and no TCS or ASM. NFSU is not real because all you have to do is turn with the throttle on and you go into a full sideways slide, let me tell you, that is NOT how drifting works. Drifting works because of weight transfer, you have to break, clutch kick, something to get that weight forward, just turning and throwing the throttle down will give you understeer not oversteer. Furthermore, FWD cars CANNOT drift at all with the throttle. Simply because their driving wheels are also turning, great understeer under any turning under power condition. So the civcs and neons getting sideways is complete BS. GT3 on the other hand is much closer to real, it relies a lot on weight transfer to initiate a real drift. However the physics engine does not work well to create the oversteer effect of opposite lock counter steer. Thats my only gripe with that game. And with NFSU:2 coming out soon I am getting more worried from what I have seen, there are SUV's in the game... SUV's flip when they drift, they do not slide, their center of gravity is just too high.

My opinion for best Drifting game is by far Kaido Battle, just get yourself a mod chip and you are good to go!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 10:55 PM
Miata_Drift is currently offline Click here to Send Miata_Drift a Private Message Find more posts by Miata_Drift Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote