KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » City of Heroes/City of Villains discussion thread

City of Heroes/City of Villains discussion thread
Started by: Jedi Shmedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

City of Heroes/City of Villains discussion thread

I freakin love City of Heroes, I can't get enough of it. And I almost wet myself in anticipation for City of Villains. Any body here who plays City of Heroes, talk about it here! What do ya like about it, what are you looking forward to in City of Villains? Go nuts!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 04:12 AM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I'd have bought it, but don't wanna pay $15 a month for it. Screw that. Maybe when I get rich I'll do it. I really can't spend $15 a month, and still expect to be able to keep up to date on my comic books.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 05:15 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

heh... I dont like the fact that theres no pvp.. just fight NPC's til you fall asleep or log off. Perhaps they'll add it after the whole city of villains thing blows over.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 11:23 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Well, PvP will be included with City of Villains so no worries there. And as for the 15$ a month, it's totally worth it. Plus, the monthly CoH comic is really cool. The art is good and the writing is great. Oh, and capes are being added in the free update that is being released mid-September.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:53 AM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I just dont like the whole idea of roleplaying as generic comic book characters... in a way the game is a parody. I cant really find myself emoting " *Begins plotting world domination against his arch-nemesis 'Destructor' * " ... I would probably need to undergo surgery to prevent the eyes from rolling in the back of my head.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:32 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

i love CoH just not the paying 15$ a month...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 07:42 PM
shangheid is currently offline Click here to Send shangheid a Private Message Find more posts by shangheid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

So do you have to pay 15 a month, or is that just for an online thing? I hate playing games where you have to pay money. If i have to pay monthly to play the game, why not give it to me for free instead of making me pay 40$ for somthing i cant even play. can you customize your own hero's?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 10:33 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

You can customize, there is no offline... paying the 15 a month is mandatory if you wish to play.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 02:51 AM
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Well, actually there ar edifferent methods of billing.

Billed every-
Month: 14.95 per month
3 months: 13.95 per month
6 months: 12.95 per month
12 months: 11.95 per month

I go by the 3 months. Works pretty well.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 09:07 AM
The Unknown
Anomaly

The game is awesome, except most of the new features are rip-offs of Stargate.

-Ring transporters for the hospital
-Portal Corp.
-The portals
-Sending military into new dimension
-General Hammond
-Symbiotes

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Dec 22nd, 2004 at 06:58 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 06:47 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
Well, actually there ar edifferent methods of billing.

Billed every-
Month: 14.95 per month
3 months: 13.95 per month
6 months: 12.95 per month
12 months: 11.95 per month

I go by the 3 months. Works pretty well.

$ or £?

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 05:39 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I would assume $ because he's from the United States

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 05:58 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I just got it for x-mas. Hopefully i will be playing it soon, it seems like a lot of fun.
Rpg's are my favorite type of computer game, plus its superhero stuff to. So it seems interesting enough.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 04:20 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I heard marvel (or whoever owns xmen lol), is attempting a lawsuit against city of heroes developer because someone made a character that looked exactly like wolverine. (they'll prolly lose the case though.. since theres no real concrete infringement)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 06:08 AM
The Unknown
Anomaly

They're being sued because the powers and costumes they offer allow users to make heroes that are copyrighted.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 05:40 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I heard marvel (or whoever owns xmen lol), is attempting a lawsuit against city of heroes developer because someone made a character that looked exactly like wolverine. (they'll prolly lose the case though.. since theres no real concrete infringement)

Thats really stupid. I mean its a game, and the company did not make it, the player did. People are to anal these days

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 05:41 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

But I wouldn't be surprised if MGM decided to sue them, too.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 05:42 PM
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

That is so gay.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 05:55 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Well, considerring that things such as Wolverine's claws, Wolverines sweep mask, Wolverine's boots, even the marking's on Wolverine's suit are there. I can see why Marvel would be concerned, because the bit's are actually WHOLE. The player cannot make Wolverine's mask by tweaking options, the game actually provides Wolverines mask as it is. It's not like you can take a mask and alter it's appearance to make it look like Wolverine's mask, because it actually looks like Wolverines mask as soon as you find it.

So, in a way, the game has infringed on designs it doesn't have rights to. The player merely assembles the bits to make it look like Wolverine.

It's so obviously done with the intent of matching Wolverine. There are designs based on things like Spider-Mans suit, Cyclops, Captain America, etc etc. All whole pieces that are so obviously ripped off.

But, I perosnally ignore it. Anyone who makes Wolverine or Spider-Man is forgetting the idea of the game.

There's a few non-player characters that bear likenesses to Cyclops (one scientist I saw had the EXACT cyclops visor, only silver)

Also, I haven't seen a rip-off of a character in a long time. Everyone wants to make their dream superhero in this game.

Sure, people may make a Wolverine or a Thing, but it's only for a short time. They get reported anyway and have them took off, so I don't see the problem there anyway. Nobody wants to take a Cap America they've made up to Level 50 anyway. In general, people really want to make their own identity on the servers, and the best way to do that is by making a totally unique character.

Mimmicking an existing character turns out to be a very empty, and lonely affair anyway.

Last edited by Red Superfly on May 18th, 2005 at 01:29 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:24 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't know if this has been stated, but...

CoV will be a separate game by itself, like CoH. If you have both CoH and CoV, you can have teh PvP pwnage.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 07:07 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote