KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half Life 2 Date

Half Life 2 Date
Started by: Revan X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kraken
Wraith

Question Half Life 2 Date

i seem to be having a problem about not finding out the date of Half Life 2 can any one tell me?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 03:35 AM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

NEVER (literally)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 04:04 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

yeah, it's true nobody really has a remote idea when it's coming out. I could guarantee that it will come out within the next decade, but that would be stretching it( ok, just kidding)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 04:24 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

Well dose any one have any idea when it's coming out?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 11:53 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hopefully by the end of the year.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 12:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

it better be by christmas... *glares at valve* ~_-

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 02:11 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Should be soon with all that preloading for Valve's Steam. I know that wait is hard but who wants a shitty game. Im glad they're not releasing until its done. Game's turn out soo much better when they do.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 05:05 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

They need to be more responsible when giving out release dates. They should not say "the game will be out September of 2003" unless they are absolutely sure about that. Obviously, they weren't, and that's their fault.

That's why I like ID so much, they didn't bullshit anyone, they never gave any valid or concrete dates, the closest they came was saying "we hope it will be done by this time, but we can't be sure, it will be done when it's done".

It's just being irresponsible on Valves part. They need to get their shit together.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 05:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Valve could give w/e release date they want and change it whenever they want.. they have so many die hard fans it wouldnt effect there sales more then a percent. I for one have given up on HL2...when it comes out it comes out is my point of view. I cant wait for Battlefield 2

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 06:01 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True. But also hate it when the company says this "date", releases on that date and the game turns out to be crap because of it.

This happens with movies, music and pretty much anything else. Eventually it gets released and people still buy the product.

And i really dont think that the reason for its delay is because they're disorganized. It happened with the original, and look how that game turned out.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 04:33 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

well i given up on waiting on HL2 no expression

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 03:18 PM
MasterWizard

Valve just today sent their copy of Half-Life 2 to Vivendi for approval, and you know they will approve it. After that, it will go Gold once they set a date. It's VERY near release.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 07:46 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Link?

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 01:09 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Here:

For the website: http://www.halflife2.net/

For Gabe's Newell post: http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/in...mp;#entry121781

Second source: http://www.planethalflife.com/
- this also tells people who dont know how a game gets released.

So it should be in the next month. Hopefully.

Last edited by Smasandian on Sep 17th, 2004 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 03:49 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yay~ Im gonna get it prolly.. the deathmatch / mods should be really fun considering the physics possibilities. Cant really deathmatch on D3 cuz it still kicks the crap outta mah pc messed

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 05:55 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

i'll just hope it comes out next month.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 01:53 PM
BackFire

It won't. Be happy if it comes out by the end of the year.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 06:12 PM
Kraken
Wraith

yea i would be happy. just like Area 51 has no date but the release year is 2005.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 08:00 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess Backfire knows everything.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 06:34 AM
BackFire

Yep.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 07:15 AM