KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final fantasy

Final fantasy
Started by: zoneofbologna

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zoneofbologna
confused travler

Miffed Final fantasy

was i the olny person who realized how final fantasy X was like way better that x-2.
i loved the game and all but i really got more into number 10 waaaaaaaaay more

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 02:56 AM
zoneofbologna is currently offline Click here to Send zoneofbologna a Private Message Find more posts by zoneofbologna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...there's about 20 other FF threads, couldn't you have just found one of those and posted in there?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 04:35 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chops
Bassdude

yes so did i 10 was way better than 10-2

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 08:13 PM
chops is currently offline Click here to Send chops a Private Message Find more posts by chops Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

shut up both of you...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 08:19 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

yea really...neither of them was that good anyway

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 08:26 PM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

Re: Final fantasy

quote:
Originally posted by zoneofbologna
was i the olny person who realized how final fantasy X was like way better that x-2.
i loved the game and all but i really got more into number 10 waaaaaaaaay more

Not really. I found X-2's battle system to be much more refreshing and a much needed breath of fresh air from 10's some what heresy(plus, I CAN ONLY WATCH THAT GAD DAMNED OPENING CINEMATIC SO MANY FRICKIN TIMES!!!!).

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 09:15 PM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've loved the FF games since I was a kid. I got into them with FF2 for the Super Nintendo, then when I played FF3(6) when I was about 12...I knew that this series would go far. It was teh best game I had ever played, it amazed me how poigniant and absorbing that game was. I played through it a number of times, and never got bored with it, the characters, the story, they were all perfect. It's still what I consider the best game ever made.

The PS FF games were also damn good, I loved FF7, I enjoyed FF8 but it was probably the weakest game in the whole series, and I thought FF9 was the most under rated FF game ever released. I thought it was just as good, if not better then FF7.

FFX was also very good, I'm playing through it again at the moment, it's better then I remember. I do miss being able to walk around on the world map though. FFX-2 has a great battle system, but is overall pretty weak. FFXI was a great MMOG, I had a blast playing it.

Now comes FF12, and from what I've seen I have mixed feelings about it. It's made by the guy who made FF:tactics, a great game, but the characters look really lousy. And I think this may be the worst FF game to ever come out.

Last edited by BackFire on Sep 26th, 2004 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 10:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoneofbologna
confused travler

well i thought the ff x-2 battle system was way better but story-wise i just think 10 was over all superior Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 11:51 PM
zoneofbologna is currently offline Click here to Send zoneofbologna a Private Message Find more posts by zoneofbologna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'm also having low expectations on FFXII... but we'll see what happens. Hopefully something will click, but from what I can tell, I haven't heard any appealing storyline. When I saw the Japanese trailer for FFX, I almost shat myself. When I saw it for FFXII... it was like.. that's it?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 11:52 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoneofbologna
confused travler

The characters final fantasy XII do not look as intresting or creative as the ones in final fantasy X. Well in my opinion at least.
Oh and in x-2, they made the characters look a bit TOO revieling. Are they tryin to make you consentrate more on Y.R.P then the game and gameplay?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 12:04 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Yes

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 12:09 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

The character of Vaan in FFXII looks like a cheap rip off of Tidus.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 01:30 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

and a femme boy at that..

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 01:31 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Yeah I was gonna say that but didn't wanna offend neone

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 01:36 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i dont see anything wrong with saying that...i just hate em because soon well hear girls say "OMG HE IS SOOOOO BISHY!!!!111kekekekekeke!"

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 01:38 AM
Peach
mordrem

Vaan is a femme-boy...no point getting around it.

FFX is my favorite by far yes I've played through it 3 times. I had a lot of fun in FFX-2, even though the story was kinda weak...the storyline doesn't even come up until nearly halfway through, WTF is up with that? But I had a lot of fun with the battle system and the class-changes yes I liked FFVIII a lot...the first FF game I actually beat. I have FFIX but never got around to beating it because battles took too long. I'm right now playing FFTactics Advance.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 04:18 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I suggest you get FFVII yes

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 04:52 AM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, I know you do, you say that practically everytime we talk stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 04:54 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

ugh... these FF threads are getting like Johnny depp threads

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 06:18 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Gotta say that I enjoyed X-2 more than X, although that may have a lot to do with my complete and utter hatred of Tidus, at least on X-2 you got to kick his doubles ass.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 08:33 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote