KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » **HELP PLEASE** Online Games - Credit Cards

**HELP PLEASE** Online Games - Credit Cards
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Miffed **HELP PLEASE** Online Games - Credit Cards

Alright, so I get an email to beta test for a particular game. I need a valid credit card number to verify my address, and I go to my parents for it. But no matter what I say, they think that it's a scam, and that they'll be cheated somehow, or have the number stolen. Can someone else find a way to explain why a credit card number is needed for a video game beta test, and confirm that they WON'T be charged? It says so right on the email, but they still don't get that it's secure material, and they can't just give it to anyone. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:12 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Your parents are right - quit being a brat.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:20 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: **HELP PLEASE** Online Games - Credit Cards

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
Alright, so I get an email to beta test for a particular game. I need a valid credit card number to verify my address, and I go to my parents for it. But no matter what I say, they think that it's a scam, and that they'll be cheated somehow, or have the number stolen. Can someone else find a way to explain why a credit card number is needed for a video game beta test, and confirm that they WON'T be charged? It says so right on the email, but they still don't get that it's secure material, and they can't just give it to anyone. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Just steal their credit card late at night when they aren't looking. They'll never know, considering I can damn near garauntee that they WILL NOT be billed.

I don't know why the Matrix Online is forcing you to use credit cards when beta testing. I guess it's just to make sure that you're of age or something.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Re: Re: **HELP PLEASE** Online Games - Credit Cards

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Just steal their credit card late at night when they aren't looking. They'll never know, considering I can damn near garauntee that they WILL NOT be billed.

I don't know why the Matrix Online is forcing you to use credit cards when beta testing. I guess it's just to make sure that you're of age or something.
Registration Tips:

Please follow these registration tips, as any incorrect information may prevent you from participating in The Matrix Online Beta.
· Enter your real Name.
· Use your correct Email address.
· Enter your actual Date of Birth.
· Provide us with VALID credit card information. (Your card will NOT be charged.)
· Make sure your Billing Address matches the information your credit card company has on file.
· Make sure you keep your Username and Password in a secure location.

That's what it says... I'm assuming it's just to keep it secure, and if I distribute it, they'd have a way to sue me/know who I am. (?)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:45 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

weird...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:01 PM
Goth_Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Goth_Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Goth_Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unknownrocker
???

Re: **HELP PLEASE** Online Games - Credit Cards

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy

ya kid i feel you,my parents say the same crap ive tried doing everythingbut they wont get one,its very annoying and stupid

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:07 PM
unknownrocker is currently offline Click here to Send unknownrocker a Private Message Find more posts by unknownrocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

how about calling the company responsible for matrix online and have them verify that you wont be billed... and have your parents in the presence of the phonecall (unless you can put them on the phone as its state?.. or you could ask for hardcopy proof in emal form?)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 11:09 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote