KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo - Child Friendly?

Halo - Child Friendly?
Started by: MrGlass

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrGlass
Peanut

Halo - Child Friendly?

I was thinking about get halo 2 but first i wanted to get the first one. i have a niece and nephew who love to play on my xbox everytime they come over. Is halo at high bloody violent level or could they handle. Is there an option where you can turn of the blood?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 02:23 AM
MrGlass is currently offline Click here to Send MrGlass a Private Message Find more posts by MrGlass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

no. but its not too graphic or graphic enough its a very good game but if you get halo2 get part one first. and how old are they?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 02:52 AM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrGlass
Peanut

10 and 6. what kind of violence is in the game. Is it like head explodin kinda stuff?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 03:21 AM
MrGlass is currently offline Click here to Send MrGlass a Private Message Find more posts by MrGlass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, its not as bad as a some FPS games. But i dont think a six year old should play it. A ten year old could play if he clearly understands the material.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 04:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Well whenever my 6 year old cousin comes over, he always wants to play Halo right away, so it depends on what you want your child to play or not to play.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 04:48 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

heads dont explode, there is some blood but bodies stay intact, and they are in full armor so you dont see people

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 05:15 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrGlass
Peanut

so is it mostly like a alien blood? that was i mostly see in the clips and trailers.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 02:49 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

it's either green or blue blood....definitly not red blood. But there are marines that either get killed or are already killed on the floor. They look like lifeless corpses (not too high in graphic detail)

I love this game, and I am never one to deprive a child of a video game. So as long as he understands the concept that he's shooting video game monsters, and not real life humans.

I would think it would be alright. I would recommend renting it and playing the first 2 levels yourself to see if it's suitable for them. It's ultimately a choice parents have to make for their particular child.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 03:36 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

A 6 year old should play it though. The ten year old maybe, but not the 6 year old.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 04:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I believe the game is rated M for mature (meant for people 17 years old+)

End of story.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 05:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

hahaha...A 6 and 10 yr old playing halo? I'm sorry but if u are like me and u play multiplayer a lot then u can't really imagine a 6yr old and 10 yr old kid being much of a challenge....besides little kids get frusterated and throw fits when they losse alot or get stuck in a level...they can play if they want too...just don't expect much out of them...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 06:37 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Phoenix...somehow...i don't think he's particularly worried about how good his kids are going to be at the game.

I think he's worried about the content of the game to make sure it's appropriate for children of that age....

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 06:41 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

OoO...well with what they see on T.V. now a days...halo looks like Barney that purple dinosaur ya know what I mean?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 06:50 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrGlass
Peanut

thx for you posts. So basically what I get is that it isnt as violent as M rated games go, being that most of the gore comes from the aliens rather than the humans. Is that it?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 08:50 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

yeah, the only thing is that when you shoot another guy, blood splatters on the surrounding area, but if that isn't that bad to you, then I'd say it'd be fine for them to play.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 08:54 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

just make sure they understand video game bad guys from real life humans.

I don't want to be responsible for "Columbine 2: the kindergarten years"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 09:06 PM
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Halo is a good game for all people at all ages...just think of it as cops and robbers but in this case spartans and humans vs. covenant and flood

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 09:09 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

theres hardly what you could call blood... its like red spatter... nothing chunky or heavily detailed.. just enough for you to realize the difference between human and alien blood.. the games not graphic at all.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:31 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

yup yup...and children can be a master chief for halloween!!!! that would be soooo kool to see someone walk around as a master chief for halloween...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:43 AM
Caboose
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo is an intense game for kids that young. my cousin still gets freaked when sees flood.

I dont think the games content is acceptable for kids that young. The curse, and have mature themes. It is RATED M FOR PETES SAKE!!

"Fear the claw B****"-NASA probe bot

A dark figure lies in the shadows watching gray fox's actions in secret, contemplating the manner of events that have led the mysterious stranger to this day.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 03:26 AM
Caboose is currently offline Click here to Send Caboose a Private Message Find more posts by Caboose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote