KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sonic or Link or Sonic Vs Link?

Sonic or Link or Sonic Vs Link?
Started by: Blue Dragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Warning Sonic or Link or Sonic Vs Link?

I loved Sonic for many years, about 8-9 years and at 16 I'm still loving the games!

Link is a hero of a different kind, very different to Sonic and relise on his sword to fight.

I've liked Zelda for about 2 years only so compared to Sonic, not very long....

I like each character better in different ways, I really like Sonic because he's a proper hero (this speed, skills, no items needed etc).

As for Link he's got his douging and Kung Fu skills in him (his flips, rolls, jumps etc) and other skills like aiming and he's a hero of no choice, it's in his blood.

What other reasons can you think of for liking these 2 great characters?

Please reply!

Attachment: link in soul calibur 2 (jumping).jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 03:04 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I always liked the Sonic games because of the speed on levels. A lot of the stuff you did came from reflex actions because there was no time to think. Not to mention the boss fights were spectacular, the last boss on Sonic Adventure 2 was pure brilliance. That's what put Sonic ahead of Mario.

Zelda on the other hand is a fave of mine because it made you think. You really had to consider the puzzles at times and it was a real challenge. However they werew never too difficult so you never got stuck in a place for long. And the story was great, it actualy drew you in, which doesn't happen often in games.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 10:33 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tilien
Straight Jacket Dealer

I would say Sonic because he is a blue hedgehog... and i mean... how many blue hedgehogs do you see just walking around? And plus he is fast and likes chili-dogs... and he rules =)

~ Pointless Randomosity ~

I'm Back!
xD

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 10:50 AM
Tilien is currently offline Click here to Send Tilien a Private Message Find more posts by Tilien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I like Link just because he's very much your quinessential hero. He goes on these epic quests in order to save the damsel in distress.

It's always the basic dark vs. light, good vs. evil scenarios. There's sword fighting, magic, and archery...just a really b!tching time period that catches my attention.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:15 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I say Link Over Sonic,

Sonic is cool in his own right too, I like the speed he brought to the games, but some boss fights or levels you have to take your time, like Sonic 2 on the airplane zone, I had to time the jump and had to be slow (For the timming) I first just walk in trying to jump as fast as I can, but I died.

In Zelda the Puzzles and bosses are great. But shocking the best Zelda game(Imo) is Link Awaking. It has a place in my heart as it was the first Zelda game I played, I was real sad to see Marin die though.

But Zelda is great, I always loved that time period that the game takes place in.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:48 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

I've liked sonic alot longer then Link. I like sonic because to me he's a more interesting characther his personaility. You sort of a have a feel for his personailty as with Link(who i like as well) you just feel like hes a cliche hero. You dont feel much of a personaility for link.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:48 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Tilien
I would say Sonic because he is a blue hedgehog... and i mean... how many blue hedgehogs do you see just walking around? And plus he is fast and likes chili-dogs... and he rules =)

But Link isn't really human, well he is, he's a Hyrulian, people with big ears which you don't see around like blue hedgehogs.....

Then you've got the other characters too.....(look below)

Attachment: all sonic heroes.jpg
This has been downloaded 49 time(s).

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:07 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Good old Knuckles, I loved that Red guy lol.

I was glad they turn him into a good guy later, How often does Sonic and Knckles team up??

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:43 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

I perfer Link becuse hes such a kickass hero.I like Sonic to but he doesnt do anything important or anything kool so what if he can go fast he doesnt have any kool weaons he just jumps on enemies and thats it.Link can do lots morelike using his bow use his hammer,master swords,and giant .And whats really kool is that he can time travel.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 03:07 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Sonic can turn into a blade thinger, he is witty and can run at super sonic speeds. he also gots good friends Tails, knuckles. Sonic would beat Link's ass into the ground.

every heard the song ,"Cant touch me" well thats sonic. Cuz link couldn't touch him.

quote:
Originally posted by Tilien

Also i completely agree with Tillien. On a regular basis is see about 2 - 3 hyrulians once a week and a blue hedgehog ive seen maybe once in my life.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 03:26 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, Link is the multiple reincarnated hero of time...

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 06:53 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

YUP YUP!!!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:54 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
Sonic can turn into a blade thinger, he is witty and can run at super sonic speeds. he also gots good friends Tails, knuckles. Sonic would beat Link's ass into the ground.

every heard the song ,"Cant touch me" well thats sonic. Cuz link couldn't touch him.

Also i completely agree with Tillien. On a regular basis is see about 2 - 3 hyrulians once a week and a blue hedgehog ive seen maybe once in my life.

Stop smoking CRACK smokin'

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:55 AM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

quote:
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Stop smoking CRACK smokin'

your the one who sold it to me

Sonic is the best he'll chop off links balls and eat them for breakfast then steal his girl.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 04:27 PM
Blue Dragon

That's harsh Stealth Agent....sad

I don't think Link could beat Sonic in a duel because Sonic's just too fast but Link is still really cool wink

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 06:18 PM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

yea link couldn't lay a finger on sonic take that zombie hunter

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:37 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
your the one who sold it to me

Sonic is the best he'll chop off links balls and eat them for breakfast then steal his girl.

At least he got balls and gets lots of PUSSY!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 12:41 AM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

here is an example of the fight sequence

Sonic start6s teasing Link and says yah ill take your girl. And Link's all like what fool ill beat yo ass. And linkpulls out his sword and defends out his shield thinger.
he's in a battle stance and sonic just standing there with this cocky attitude. link swings, sonic quickly ducks and swipes his feet through link's tripping him up. link hits the ground before he can even blink Sonic snaps his neck

enda story shifty

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:30 AM
Joker1237

I think Link could take Sonic, I mean Thsos Robots have taken a few lives, I think Link can be able to land a shot(With his master dagger that is)

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:22 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Link. Tough fight, though.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:27 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote