KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » LOTR: The Battle for Middle-Earth

LOTR: The Battle for Middle-Earth
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

LOTR: The Battle for Middle-Earth

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT!!
it could quite possibly be the best RTS on the planet

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 05:10 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

ye IGN and Gamespot have really built this one up. hopefully it'll live up 2 expectations. only doubt is the plot points in building rather than creating buildings the old RTS way.

and do unno the system requirements?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 05:18 AM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It will be warcraft with LOTR skins. The only RTS that has broken away and done somthing better than Warcraft is Rome total war. Rome is one awsome god damn game.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 06:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah.. war3 is tops.. rome takes too long to battle.. and I prefer age of empires because I like to build my structures and manage everything. not just battling

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 07:43 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Dawn of War owns all mad

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 02:19 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It will be warcraft with LOTR skins. The only RTS that has broken away and done somthing better than Warcraft is Rome total war. Rome is one awsome god damn game.

thats not true. in TBFME you can have WAY more units, hundreds more.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 10:52 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

Its not it has the Command and Conquer General Engine... which all i can say is..... the physics and animation detail possible with it is amazing. It has no unit building limit shifty

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 12:51 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

just downloaded a video preview and man, this game is looks very nice. like Raven said it's loaded with detail and character emotion (if a group of gondor soldiers is appraoched by a troll, balrog or nazgul they get sh!t scared and some even run wink Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:18 AM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

yeah, i have seen some footage. The game battles look like they will live up to the movie ones.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:24 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

And the amount of units u can have/the detail on them is very good

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 04:53 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

anyone played this game yet, cuz its out... but i do not have it.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 10:14 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

christmas stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 12:40 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I totally own everyone in this game laughing out loud i beat four peeps in a row on my first try online laughing out loud Isengard is my fav big grin they made Mordor suck sad and why doesn't the evil side have walls? mad They make better ones then the good side mad the wall of Baradur is huge and the Orthanic had a wall to mad

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 01:18 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I just beat the Helms Deep level in the game and i must say that it is one kickass RTS that IS definitely worth your time.
As for why the bad guys do not have walls.... i do not know.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 08:28 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Sounds like a good game, I may need to invest in this.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 08:37 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

ive got it and its good

The only thing what sucks is the Bases and Castles in there. Thre way to small and you cant really expand, you have to build where it says.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:26 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I saw a screenshot of the Army of the Dead units and buildings, and I'm like, "WOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOW..."
I really wanted to play Helm's Deep.
Bu my computer is pathetic,...

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:46 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'd still rather hear the opinion of a jaded RTS gamer for this game... someone who's been playing RTS's since age of empires 2 preferably.

I dont mean to sound like your opinions are worthless, but saying things like "best ever" and "best RTS on the whole planet" really dont qualify as reinforcement. To me it looks like an RTS with all of the economy aspects ripped clean out and you just play with units.. which takes out a huge chunk of the playstyle.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:02 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'd still rather hear the opinion of a jaded RTS gamer for this game... someone who's been playing RTS's since age of empires 2 preferably.

I dont mean to sound like your opinions are worthless, but saying things like "best ever" and "best RTS on the whole planet" really dont qualify as reinforcement. To me it looks like an RTS with all of the economy aspects ripped clean out and you just play with units.. which takes out a huge chunk of the playstyle.

Well Sats, I've been playing RTS games for quite a while, so perhaps I can give you that opinion you want.

The game itself is pretty good, awesome graphics and some pretty unique aspects to building a base. However, its pace is rather slow. All in all it's a good game, but anyone calling it the best rts game ever hasn't played many. It's nowhere near as good as SC,WC, Dawn of War or Command and Conquer.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 01:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

no expression i have played RTS's since before i had a comp way back in the SEGA days no expression I had Dune all the C&C's all the Age of EMpires and probably every decent RTS since no expression and i'm saying BFME is good, not the greatest stick out tongue but really good big grin I wish i could build more troops though and i wish the Good side did not rely on archers so much erm sad

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 01:31 AM