KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hey...what do you think of....

Hey...what do you think of....
Started by: Phoenix Aska

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Hey...what do you think of....

What does everyone think of celebritis playing as voice actors in video games now?

Do you really think it helps to sell games?

I don't....I like reading the subtitles on what the character has to say....

The voices can get annoying or are too slow when I read so fast.....

I hate the games that make it so you have to wait for the character to stop talking before it moves on to the next scene....

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 07:33 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

yeah, i dont like some voice actors because some are real bad at it, but people like ray liota and a few others i cant think of are good, especially in a game where you could really enjoy the cut-scenes, i dont think it helps it sell games, just adds more to the experience than those real crappy voice actors from games like silent hill or something

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 08:28 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I think Halle joe Osmand (I see dead people kid) did a good job as Sora

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 08:37 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

That was the guy who played Sora's voice???

I didn't know that...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 09:10 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah Hailey did good.. I dont mind celebrity voice actors as long as they seamlessly become the character they're voicing for

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 09:46 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

You know, the Master Chief kinda sounds like Keanu Reeves...(Neo from The Matrix)

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 07:32 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Wow...I don't really think so...I think the master chief has a deeper voice than Keanu Reeves...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 08:26 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yep, I meant in the second Halo. Maybe they switched voice actors, or something.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 03:23 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

I was stoked when I heard Samuel L. Jackson's voice as Tenpenny on San Andreas. I don't think it affects sales because they usually don't say "hey, this celebrity does a voice for this game!"...I had no idea Samuel L. Jackson was going to be in it.

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 07:28 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

As long as they're not out of place, I think voice acting adds quite a deal to a game.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 09:33 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

definitely, the voice acting in mgs3 is horrible, i hate snakes voice so much, i think its the same guy who does the voice for master chief, anyway i think celebrities doing videogame characters is a great idea, adds good voice acting to the good story, these anime voice-over guys are getting worse and worse

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 09:51 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Voice acting, when it first emerged in games, was terrible. Now, it's a natural part of games, and even non-celebs to stellar jobs. As long as it's believable, it adds another dimension to the game, and I'm all for it.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 02:36 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

If someone recognizes a celebretie's voice on a game, they're like, "Oh my GOD, it's (name) as (Character's name)!" And then two hours later, they'll forget about it.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 03:25 PM
Mr_Famous
Member-with-a-mouth

I think the best voice acting i've heard so far is in the soul reaver series or thief

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 01:32 AM
Mr_Famous is currently offline Click here to Send Mr_Famous a Private Message Find more posts by Mr_Famous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Soul Reaver is brilliant, as is the recent Jak games and all of Blizzard's games

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 01:41 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Anyone played Resident Evil, the original for Playstation? Oh man, those voice actors are terrible!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 04:47 AM
ArthasKnight is currently offline Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

It was PS1 dude, things had evolved since then.

I love the games now have voices, and most of the time I find out who was in it after I finished the game (credits)

and it's great hearing the actors play their part in movie games, as long as the game isn't crap.

Havoc> what do you mean you hate MG3's ADR?, that game without David Hayter will suck....or it'll be less enjoyable.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 02:09 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

What did u think of David Duchovney as Jason Fly in the XIII game? I didn't know it was him until I saw the credits.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 02:27 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote