KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » game bosses, should they be cheap??

game bosses, should they be cheap??
Started by: Joker1237

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joker1237

game bosses, should they be cheap??

I always wonder, sometimes I think its great when a boss is more powerful than you, they are the boss, but in some games IE Pitt Fighter,

They make them 2 powerful, I got to fight 2 big guys name Eddie, and I was beating fast, I have lost hope a long time ago to try to beat Pitt Fighter as it is dame near impossble to beat.

When do you guys think a boss is to tough? When do you think he is just right, or easy?

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:14 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

When they either put down a sheild or something and its your time to hit them and slowy you kill them. That kind of boss?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 11:34 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

the just right ones imo, would be the ones you know you could beat if you just focus and the boss gives you a challenge, some zelda enemies would be the easy type for me, like the spider or ganon in ocarina of time.......and the jelly fish thingy........and the rock thing....pretty much all of the bosses in OOT

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 01:00 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The final boss, hell yes. Except damn the mother brain to hell! Took me a whole day to find out just how to kill it. Took me two more to actually kill it. Stupid, stupid, mother brain.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 03:27 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I played some games were it seems it is impossble to beat lol. Pitt fighters boss is easy, but your lucky if you GET to him.

You win a match and you go on to the next fight, but you dont regain health, and it is impossble to duck or doge the others guys punchs or kicks, The only way to win is to hit the other guy more than he hits you.

AND to top it off there are no cont. So once you lose you start the WHOLE GAME OVER.

I do like the Zelda bosses. Gannon was a great one, but the black blob thing in Link's awaking was preet hard to finger out.

The odysssey, Posidon is the big boss in the end, in order to BEAT a god, you have to counter his weapon with your weapons, or so. Took me a few days to beat him. I keep choseing the wrong weapons lol.

I always like Mudsa head, but to bad it does not affect the God.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:32 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I forget which one....but one of the Mega Man X's has a really tough boss.

And doing stuff like climbing walls while charging your shot is a sure way to get carpel tunnel.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:37 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Final Bosses aren't always the toughests. Is normally the boss before the final boss that always a ***** to beat up.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 12:32 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

^ I've noticed that myself, actually.

Bosses I like are the kinds that stay just out of range, to make some sort of strafing run on you, and then come in and attack from closer range (or just in range, depending on what kind of game you're talking about). Shields bug me. A lot.

I remember Dumah from the original Soul Reaver, and remembering what a perfect boss he was. Once he awakens, he follows you throughout the entire level, where you have to bait him towards an earlier part of the level, where you trap him on a lower floor and start up an incinerator. That was brilliant, I must say.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 01:49 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
And doing stuff like climbing walls while charging your shot is a sure way to get carpel tunnel.
rofl @ carple tunnel syndrome
yeah.. well I prefer for the game to use the skills of the boss characters to the best that they can possibly be wielded.. instead of making them "cheap" by having them skip animations, or just do a 1 frame animation that does nearly a 1 hit KO.

but to answer the question.. no.. they should have waaay more skill with the game engine, but not be cheap. I mean hell.. you should be learning something by defeating them.. not beating your head on the wall

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 04:40 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Dumah was cool, I rember that, I was at a lost so I look it up on the internet, and it still took me a few trys to beat him(I got lost in his castle lol)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 05:04 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Finally killing the Nemesis in RE 3 is so satisfying. Gets blown out the clock tower window.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 03:20 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

that dont kill him... u fight him when he mutates...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 03:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

bosses should def be challenging....i like having to find their weakness...that way its kind of riddle, but then you can wail on them when you figure it out

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:49 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

bosses shouldnt have a weakness... they should force you to use 100% of your skill through the entire fight to come out on top... it would feel much greater to know you came out on top after conquering that difficulty.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 07:03 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

I disagree. I like the bosses that make you struggle to find their weak spot but then are a little easier to beat once you find it.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 10:40 PM
ArthasKnight is currently offline Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I forget which one....but one of the Mega Man X's has a really tough boss.

I bet your thinking of the spider boss. right after zero dies. that thing is a mother.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 08:03 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

anyone here played painkiller? some of the bosses on that game are rock! some cant be beaten without finding there weakpoint.

if you like bossfights, play this game!

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 10:30 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Bosses are always for me a big flaw in the game, they are always to fuuckin wimpy. I mean you fight your way trough out a game, by the end of the game when you meet the boss, you are skilled enough to take out a least 3 of them at the same time, only boss I can recall being sligtly hard, is the boss in quake3 Arena(oh and we are talking about playing on the hardest mode here) but after 3 times of loosing to him, I rosted him as a chicken.

Bring me a worthy boss!!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 08:26 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote