KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Why Heihachi???

Why Heihachi???
Started by: Rhino

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rhino
Red is the new black

Why Heihachi???

1.ok, ive been thinking about this for a long time, but why did namco put heihachi in the ps2's version of Soul Calibur 2??

2.what character would ve been a better choice?

i think Auron of ffx wouldve been way better than the that crummy old character. Or Kimahri(the ronso). Link is cool, Spawn is cool, but a olde dude with no weapons that wears a diaper. Not cool.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 08:47 PM
Rhino is currently offline Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Well, it comes down to licensing.

Soul Caliber appears on a Nintendo machine, so Nintendo allow one of their characters to be used.

Soul Caliber has Todd McFarlane on the design team. He came up with Necrid. McFarlane gives the OK to use his Spawn character.

Soul Caliber appears on PS2, which also is home to Namcos OTHER beatemup, Tekken, so use Heihachi.

Do you seriously think Squaresoft would allow for Namco to put in a character of theirs into a game? C'mon. People have suggested Dante from Devil May Cry because he has appeared in Viewtiful Joe - NEWSFLASH - Dante is a Capcom character, as is Viewtiful Joe, Capcom can do what they like with it, Namco can't.

The only realistic alternative would have been to use another Tekken character instead. They were already using Yoshimitsu, the best possible candidate for a Soul C game. Heihachi was a good choice.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 08:57 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhino
Red is the new black

couldnt they ask square enix? Either that or create a new character specifcally for the ps2...and make a good story behind him.

its just that hehachi sucks compared to spawn and link.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 09:15 PM
Rhino is currently offline Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

do you think namco could really afford to license another popular character? lol.. thats why they put one of their own in...
personally if they were to choose a namco character, I would have preferred they brought edge master back for the PS2 version.. heihachi sucks hard

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 09:42 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

if a another tekken character was to be used it should have been jin... or cloud would have made a better choice and even squall...definetly not Tidus though....

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 12:33 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

pacman, should have been pacman

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 10:51 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

or a car from Ridge Racer laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 12:44 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

yea, its weapon could be extreme shiny alloys laughing out loud

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 08:45 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

quote:
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
pacman, should have been pacman

OWNED!!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 02:56 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

Really Rhino, I expected you to be smarter than this.

Why would Namco ask Squar-E-nix for a character to use? They would have to pay all sorts of cash.

besides, Heihachi is so tough he doesn't need weapons. now excuse me while I bust a 8-hit combo from tekken on Aurron

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 03:01 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhino
Red is the new black

well i thought namco was gonna use sort of mascot characters for the SC2 games. Link is nintendo's mascot...Spawn seemed to be green and black-xbox and heihachi sucks. Spawn wouldnt need weapons either. But they gave him some.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 08:23 PM