KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Zork.

Zork.
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Zork.

Has anyone heard of this game?
I downloaded this game Zork for many years ago and liked it for some time until I got stuck and couldn't get anywhere. None of my friends had ever hear of Zork so I assumed it wasn't well known. But some days ago when reading Patriot games by Timothy Zahn, the main character mentions the game Zork. So I just wondered if it is known in the US, and if so what do u think about it? I haven't played it in years now, but I think it is good.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 02:35 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, its unknown by the general videogame public because its bloody old. But hardcore gamers who are not young will remember it. Its one of the first adventure games out there, but entirely text based.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 04:46 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I have no idea what it is, but then again I'm young...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 01:32 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Great game...

Those who have never heard of it... download this and play it

If you don't trust me.... get it here http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html

Attachment: zork1.zip
This has been downloaded 17 time(s).

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:06 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenney

This was an interesting game in its day. With my relatives we managed to put our heads together and beat the Zork series and some others out during the early 80's. I believe after Godesses of Phobos, they started turning to graphics based text games with Wonderland and Journey then eventually Myst. ( I never did beat that one)

OMG I just looked in my Journey box it has 5 1/4 inch floppy disks in it, got a drive I can borrow.... LMFAO)

Anyway thanks for the link I'm going to try playing it I always did like them.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 01:06 PM
kenney is currently offline Click here to Send kenney a Private Message Find more posts by kenney Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Haha! Zork! I have better memories of Kroz, actually, but damn I'd love to play Zork again. Thanks.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 01:40 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

how old i am: i played zork on the commodor 64 when it was brand new.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 03:07 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

dude i loved zork, i played it when i was a kid. i was only..6? but hell i played it and it was fun!...yeah ammusing i found it fun at age 6

i remember when myst first came out too...and the labrynth, wow oldschool mystery games huh?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 10:05 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yay Zork!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 12:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote