KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » "Super Premium Edition" Zelda?

"Super Premium Edition" Zelda?
Started by: General Kaliero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Question "Super Premium Edition" Zelda?

In an interview with Gamespot, Reggie Fils-Aime stated that, "We [Nintendo] want them to leave feeling that 'Wow, Zelda is going to be a huge hit and I want it now. And I'm going to go to my local retailer and put a deposit for the super premium edition of the game,' which we'll make available."

"Super Premium Edition"? While everyone ponders whether that's even allowed by the English Language, I know exactly what I want in my SPE Zelda, which I will put down money for in the nearest video game retailer the day after E3 ends (Okay, not the NEAREST, cuz that's Wal-mart, but the next place after that.).

A GC disc containing Link's Awakening (since that's the only Zelda game I haven't played on the GC), An official Nintedo timeline, a "making of" that focuses on the whole series, and a playable level of the new game.

A Master Sword letter opener.

A set of action figures of the new game's main characters.

A 14 karat gold replica of the Triforce.

A Link hat. C'mon, you know YOU want one.

A replica fairy suspended in a corked glass bottle with a label reading: "FAIRY Use if suffering from serious injuries or death for instant healing"

An Ocarina of Time (complete with time travel and warp effects).

A personal tattoo artist to tattoo the Triforce onto my left hand.

A version of Wind Waker that really DOES look like the new game. (You suck, EGM! mad )

What do you guys want from YOUR Super Premium Edition Zelda (or think will ACTUALLY be in there)?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:58 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
A version of Wind Waker that really DOES look like the new game. (You suck, EGM! mad
Do they have that, or something?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 01:11 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

That was this year's distasteful EGM April Fool's, much to my chagrin.

THIS, however, is Reggie's words, and my ideas about what it SHOULD contain but most likely won't.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 02:17 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UTB_Amon
Strongest Demon ever

you didn't just go a little over the top on that list, did you?
just about any effct from the series Zelda fans have ever wanted(give or take a few) rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 04:32 AM
UTB_Amon is currently offline Click here to Send UTB_Amon a Private Message Find more posts by UTB_Amon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

EGM's joke wasnt distasteful. Its completely ludicrious that Nintendo would do that.
Distasteful would be liking saying Nintendo will have dirty hookers in its next game.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 07:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:20 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UTB_Amon
you didn't just go a little over the top on that list, did you?
just about any effct from the series Zelda fans have ever wanted(give or take a few) rolling on floor laughing

Over the top? I don't know what you're talking about... stick out tongue

Oh, and I also want an official Zelda soundtrack anthology with every substantial peice of music in the series, fully orchestrated, of course.

@ Smasandian: Why would it be completely ludicrous? Nintendo has been generous in bonus offers before, and after the slew of complaints about the graphics despite the game's other amazing attributes, why wouldn't you want to round off the package to please fans AND give a hint of what is to come at the same time?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:43 PM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

14 karats? Not asking for much, are you? But seriously...
I wouldn't mind the Master Sword letter opener.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:48 PM
ArthasKnight is currently offline Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I was gonna say 24 karats, but I thought that was just a tad over the top.

New item: Maps of each different version of Hyrule, complete with callouts revealing item locations, secrets, and Pieces of Heart!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 11:43 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Think about it?
Its a completly different game than the new one. It would take alot of time to redesign the entire Wind Waker game. Alot of time. Which means more money and less time to develop the newer game.
The would have to redo all the textures, character designs, cutscenes etc..etc.
Also, they wouldnt do that because it would completly be a PR nightmare. IF they spend all this time redesigning the look, they should of done it in the first place.
They are generous, but they're not going to take all the time to redesign a game that was released a couple of years ago and the same system.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 04:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigkev99

first of all the wind wakers graphics were good and that is how they should stay
second of all they should give out the majories mask as a free gift

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:09 AM
bigkev99 is currently offline Click here to Send bigkev99 a Private Message Find more posts by bigkev99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I'd take the three GB games and the two NES games, only remade and remixed, preferably by the same team that did such a good job on metroid zero mission

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 08:08 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I thought this was an April fool's joke, why is this still on the internet? If Nintendo ever intends to put Link's Awakening on a disc, (which is doubtful since it's remade for GBA), it will probably be how the Collector's Edition was, a prize for registering games & consoles, or with new consoles.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:11 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Link's Awakening wasn't remade for the GBA. A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda, and LoZ II: Adventure of Link were remade for the GBA (LoZ and AoL were Classic Series ports), but not Link's Awakening.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:39 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

It was early so I f***ed all that up, I meant Link To The Past. Link's Awakening isn't even classic though to me, I perfur the Oracle saga, OoT, and Link To The Past, and Zelda 1.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 02:39 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

A Link to the Past is my personal fave, followed closely by Wind Waker and OoT (tied).

But Link's Awakening is the only Zelda I haven't played yet, besides those Phillips-CDi games that I swore I wouldn't even touch.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 03:11 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
A Link to the Past is my personal fave, followed closely by Wind Waker and OoT (tied).

But Link's Awakening is the only Zelda I haven't played yet, besides those Phillips-CDi games that I swore I wouldn't even touch.

It wasn't that good, you had to find 20 Seashells to get the Level-2 Sword power-up, which was close to the best item in the game as soon as you got it, which made it ridiculous anyway. At least in Link To The Past, the Golden Arrow was superior to the Level 4 Master Sword, and in Ocarina Of Time the Master Sword had no superior.

All bad parts about it aside, it's a Zelda none the less, unlike those garbage Phillips-CDi games, which don't even let you play as Link to begin with.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 07:05 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Link's awakening was brilliant, especially if you like link to the past.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 08:27 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote