KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Another purchase help thread....

Another purchase help thread....
Started by: MC Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Another purchase help thread....

...maybe we need a forum? Ah not really but anyway...

I got lots of money for my birthday, more than enough for a PSP or anything like that, but I despise consoles...

So, I'm planing on gettin at least one computer game.

Games like Halo PC, UT2004, COD, etc.

I don't have FarCry... is that worth a shot?

How about Republic Commando?

Yes, FPS...

Any help appreciated.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 03:56 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

hmmmm Far Cry is meant be an absolutly brilliant title, with really advanced AI, and its older now so the price should have gone down a bit.

Republic Commando is cool. but it might be too basic for some people.

I dont know, if i had to choose, i would probably choose, Far Cry, just because of all the good stuff ive heard.

but as you said your loaded, you may aswell just buy both!

EDIT: i think a buy request forum would be a good idea, i was also thinking of making a "tell me what to get" thread today, but there are already a few.

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 04:22 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Far Cry is pretty cool. Pick that up, or pick up HL2 if you havnt already.
But you cant go wrong with Far Cry.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 07:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

HL2. Comes with CS Source. And best graphics.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:21 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Far Cry: I have this game and its really cool. It has a lower price now, and the graphics are pretty amazing. Lots of tropical environments.

Republic Commando: I have this game as well. Its pretty cool, but the single player campagn is very short and the multiplayer isn't that great.

Half-Life 2: Do not have this game, but I should. This has the best graphics out of all of them and CounterStrike is VERY fun to play online. I would definitely suggest this one.

UT2004: Never really got into it...

Halo (PC): Well, you can't really go wrong with this. The single player will last you for a while, but the multiplayer is where the fun is. That never gets old.

Max Payne 2: If you are willing to get a third person shooter I would suggest this game. It has very good graphics, plus a gritty crime plot. The bullet-time is flawless also.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 07:10 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

yeah man max payne 2 is a very good game, and it has a good story to boot!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:30 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Far Cry: I have this game and its really cool. It has a lower price now, and the graphics are pretty amazing. Lots of tropical environments.

Yea I think this one looks very nice. But how's multi?

Republic Commando: I have this game as well. Its pretty cool, but the single player campagn is very short and the multiplayer isn't that great.

Hmm... multi not that great? For me 70% of the decision in multi...

Half-Life 2: Do not have this game, but I should. This has the best graphics out of all of them and CounterStrike is VERY fun to play online. I would definitely suggest this one.

Hehe... got this one long ago. stick out tongue

UT2004: Never really got into it...

lol

Halo (PC): Well, you can't really go wrong with this. The single player will last you for a while, but the multiplayer is where the fun is. That never gets old.

Yea anything close to this in multi standards... even remotly close. I just can't stop playin this game because I have no other with such a good multi... COD doesnt match it IMO.

Max Payne 2: If you are willing to get a third person shooter I would suggest this game. It has very good graphics, plus a gritty crime plot. The bullet-time is flawless also.

Yea sure this is a great game but... multi?

So yea I'm mostly in it for the Multiplayer. wink

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:16 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

A shame they don't make God of War for PC.... I have it for PS2, paid the $50 for it, and defiantely worth the purchase.

Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast are older games, but very good games. Multiplayer is great on there, too. You should be able to pick the two of them up for maybe $40-$50. Check those out, if you'd be interested in that sort of game.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:41 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by MC Mike
So yea I'm mostly in it for the Multiplayer. wink

So you like the multi eh? Well then. Max Payne 2 has NO multiplayer, so I guess you can scratch that off your list (the single player is great though). Far Cry has mediocre multiplayer, but again, the single player is awesome...

For multiplayer check out:

Halo (duh!)
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam have awesome multiplayer
Star Wars Battlefront has pretty good multiplayer also.

Hope that helps

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:51 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

you forgot Unreal Tournament 2004 snake, that game was designed for multiplayer!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 05:48 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yes I did... probably because I never played it, but from what I have heard it does have some pretty good multiplayer.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:40 PM