KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragonball Z sparking

Dragonball Z sparking
Started by: master sifadius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
master sifadius
Master Jedi

Dragonball Z sparking

The new Dragonball Z game:

the offical bandai site for dbz sparking:
http://dbzs.jp/

the developer site:
http://www.spike.co.jp/dbzs/

Some information:
- Title: Dragon ball Z Sparking!
- Genre: 3d action
- Corresponding type Playstaion 2
- Player number of people: 1- to 2 person
- Sale due date: Fall of 2005 sale schedule
- Schedule price: 7,140 Yen (including tax)
- Sale origin Corporation: Bandai

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 05:45 PM
master sifadius is currently offline Click here to Send master sifadius a Private Message Find more posts by master sifadius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luke
Sith Master!!!!

is it coming to the UK?

stupidity is not a crime..............so............you're free to go

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 05:59 PM
Darth Luke is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Luke a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

It probably wont even go to the US. It does look very good, maybe even better than the budokai series.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 06:41 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master sifadius
Master Jedi

It will probably come to US about after a year of its release in JP.
Remember budokai 3 was a JP only game for awile then it hit other countries about a year later.

If it even comes to any other countries, it should be out around
fall-winter 2006.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 06:54 PM
master sifadius is currently offline Click here to Send master sifadius a Private Message Find more posts by master sifadius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luke
Sith Master!!!!

great, i have to wait a longo time then

stupidity is not a crime..............so............you're free to go

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 09:05 PM
Darth Luke is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Luke a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

sparking looks good.. but it appears to be a bid for power ripoff in a way.. (bid for power had been shut down by funimation because it was a free dragon ball z mod for quake 3 arena)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:16 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master sifadius
Master Jedi

It look nice to me. I just hope we get a chance to try it out.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 06:17 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

is this a fighting game action game or what?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 06:23 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Its a fighting game but its over the shoulder view..

from gamespot :

"Dragon Ball Z Sparking! is a 3D fighting game from the developer of the Way of the Samurai series. The game lets players do battle on the ground and in the air with several characters from the Dragon Ball Z animated series. "

Images from IGN http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/742/742303/imgs_1.html

Images from The MagicBox
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0504/game050419d.shtml

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 07:27 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master sifadius
Master Jedi

It is just basically another budokai game. And it is said that it is unconformed that atari will take the game for publishing in US.

so it will most definatly come to US along with other contries.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 01:15 AM
Electrocat
The Huntress

i havnt seen a review on it yet... where can i go for a review

Forever a Tigress... the Hunt continues.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 08:01 AM
Electrocat is currently offline Click here to Send Electrocat a Private Message Find more posts by Electrocat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master sifadius
Master Jedi

I don't think there is a review yet.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 04:37 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

No there isnt.. the game is still in the developmental stages.. I hope they release it here, the over the shoulders view looks very interesting (will we need two consoles for vs matches? or will they split screen it?).. I think it would make a neat Xbox live title

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 07:14 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I was wondering.. is "Sparking!" now called "Budoukai : Tenkai-ichi" ?

I just watched an E3 gameplay demo of tenkai and it looks ALOT like sparking

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:22 AM
Magee

Yea, I have no idea wat happened there confused

Old Post May 27th, 2005 04:43 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master sifadius
Master Jedi

Dragonball Z tenkaichi budokai review:

If you had to guess, how many Dragon Ball games do you think there are? Six? 10? 15? 20?!? You're not even close. Try 30+ games spanning the course of eighteen years and fourteen different consoles. Given that, you would generally think the franchise should have died by now, wouldn't you? And yet, it's still around and going strong. Atari's recent successes in the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai series have sold over eight million copies worldwide, paving the way for their newest installment: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.
As much as Atari's most recent Dragon Ball Z game ("Dragon Ball Z: Sagas") was a departure from the traditional fighting-action game into the RPG genre, Tenkaichi looks to be the series' triumphant return. Apart from new name (Tenkaichi means "World's Best" in English), the game offers a variety of new features to toy with, while still dishing out plenty of the old. Yes, you can still wreak havoc upon the battle environments, turning a town into a desert with a massive lens flare. This time, however, you get to chose who you want to eviscerate from all of creation with from a list of over 60 different characters (a fairly large increase from Budokai III's 38 characters). Characters from both the Dragon Ball GT series, as well as from the 13 Dragon Ball Z movies (only 10 of which have only been released in the US), are finally being welcomed into the center ring. Maybe some new non-anime characters, ie the Gokule and Tiencha fusions from Budokai II, may make their appearances here as well. (Hell, who wouldn't be glad to spend the 50 dollars to see a Super Saiyan 3 Raditz take on an adult Super Saiyan version of Gotenks).

The single-player Dragon, two-player Versus, and World Martial Arts Tournament modes are back, in addition to three all-new modes: Ultimate Battle, Dragon Capsule, and Evolution Z. The character attribute system, first implemented in Budokai III, has been revitalized, this time with ten stats to modify instead of seven. The game also comes with unlockable video footage from the anime series. This is an improvement on the unlockable "audio clips" from Budokai III, which provided the average Dragon Ball Z fan with a few seconds of mild entertainment followed by a feeling of "was that really necessary?"

The most noticeable feature so far, however, is the artistic quality of game. Ever since Budokai II's experiment with cel-shading, the characters have begun to look more like their anime counterparts, giving the player an almost overwhelming sense of control -- that one is actually directing the very characters from the show, and not just videogame sprites. Atari has finally got the glowing hair down to an art, as well as the control aspect of the energy attacks. The environments too have changed, allowing for players to fight in three regions now: on air, on ground, and in water. Water combat, though rarely seen in the anime, should be fascinating to toy with (hoping that they manage to get the underwater energy blasts right). On the topic of attacks, two new attack styles called Rush and Smash Attack are to be implemented, similar to that of the "Dragonrush" feature a la Budokai III. These will hopefully add to the energized frenzy of it all.

All things considered, this promises to be the most electric Dragon Ball Z game yet, a promise heard time and time again throughout the Budokai series, and a promise Atari consistently manages to deliver

new review courtesy ofhttp://www.gamerankings.com

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:17 PM
master sifadius
Master Jedi

also go here for an interview with creator: http://e3.playstation.com/video/ind...22_e3c_08_l.swf

and here for everything else: http://www.dbzonps2.com/forums/index.php?showforum=49

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx

It could have the greatest looking graphics ever, but if it still has the same gameplay from previous DBZ games, it will fall yet again in the category of shit. Did anyone even buy budokai3? God damn those budokai games were about the most trying and clunky games i have sat through

Old Post May 28th, 2005 07:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Confirmed.. Dragon Ball Z Sparking! is called Budoukai Tenkai'ichi here

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/742/742303.html?ui=cb_up_03

Known as Dragon Ball Z Sparking! in Japan and developed by the Fire Pro team at Spike, Tenkaichi aims to take everything that made the first three Budokai titles so popular and improve on them in every way.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 09:15 AM
zdude

bebi vegeta for dbz budokai tenkaichi!

Attachment: up42403.jpg
This has been downloaded 143 time(s).

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 07:35 PM
zdude is currently offline Click here to Send zdude a Private Message Find more posts by zdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote