KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Psychonauts

Psychonauts
Started by: shangheid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shangheid
Bored

Psychonauts

I didn't find this with the search so...I just got it today but my TV is taken right now...can anyone tell me if it's good?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 11:01 PM
shangheid is currently offline Click here to Send shangheid a Private Message Find more posts by shangheid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Most of the editors at Official Xbox Magazine think its a great game, they gave it more than 9/10 I think.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:38 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

Dang...I got to play it for about twenty minutes and I got to say...it's very addicting

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:41 AM
shangheid is currently offline Click here to Send shangheid a Private Message Find more posts by shangheid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

OXM's exact words.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:58 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

laughing Well they tell the truth

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:11 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yeah, they test every Xbox game there is, it's their job. Lucky bastards.

They got schooled badly by bungie though in Halo 2 Live match.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:17 AM
shangheid
Bored

Everybody (that I've seen) has gotten schooled by Bungie(figures 'cause they made the game)...but yeah I want a job like that....it would be so cool

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:19 AM
Lord Paradise

I'm soooo addicted to Psychonauts right now. Computer Games Magazine says, "This game is like Harry Potter, except with more jokes about drugs, suicide, and killing squirrels." Or something like that. Anyway, it's more about the humor than the gameplay. For example, here's a fun level. You go inside a mind of this giant lungfish who has an implant in it that's making it steal children's brains. It appears as a city called Lungfishopolis, full of lungfish, and you appear as a giant monster version of yourself who the lungfish call Goggalor. You join the resistance in destroying the implant, which appears as a radio tower which occasionally gives news reports as you run around the city smashing stuff. All of the news reports end by really quickly saying something to the effect that stealing childrens brains is good. Anyway, you run around smashing stuff and fighting tanks, and all these lungfish are running around screaming, "Oh my gosh, it's Goggalor!" "He's immune to bullets... and love!" "He destroyed the orphanage!" "He destroyed the PUPPY orphanage!" "Why do you hate us, Goggalor?"

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 08:13 PM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I played it on the PS2. I thought it was great, at first, and it never got bad, but the thing is that it relied so heavily on the humor to sustain it--the gameplay wasn't bad, but it was hardly staggering--and the humor sort of trails off towards the end, leaving you with an average platformer. But Lungfishopolis was worth the price of admission by itself.

PS: I hatehatehate autosave features. Why on earth would the game makers feel that I needed my game saved every time I went from one part of the camp to another? And way to trap me in the last level before I'd done everything I want to do in the camp, you jackasses.

PPS: Jesus, going into that actress' mind was depressing. Some of the bleakest humor I've seen in quite a while.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 08:36 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkC
Yeah, they test every Xbox game there is, it's their job. Lucky bastards.

damn right they're lucky how much money would ya get though? wink

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 09:00 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, they say this game was very good but very underappreciated for how good it was, but that doesn't take away how good of a game it was.
It actually won, best Original game of the year award on X-Play last night and maybe another award, can't remember. I might have picked this game up if it hadn't come out exclusively for xbox first and since I don't like xbox, I don't have one so I watched the Cheat's episode and it revealed a lot about the game and the ending, so when it came out for ps2, i didn't get it.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 02:14 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Paradise

Get it. It's great. And I'm in the actress's mind right now.

They trap you in the last level!?!?!?! That stinks. I'm a video game nitpicker, I can't be happy unless I collect every figment of imagination, sort everyone's emotional baggage, crack every memory vault, untangle every mental cobweb, get everyone's brain (of course) and talk to every person in every combination of ways. Oh, and reach level 100.

I figured you could sandbox in the camp towards the end... that stinks.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:00 PM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

If you really care, just use the Bacon to regroup back at HQ before you do the stuff with the turtle. Personally, I wouldn't have minded that much if they'd given you a little warning.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:49 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote