KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Share You Best/Worst Online Gaming Experiences

Share You Best/Worst Online Gaming Experiences
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Question Share You Best/Worst Online Gaming Experiences

This is basically where you share your best/worst gaming experiences. Like that Halo 2 CTF game last night on Live, or turning in a quest in WoW or killing an elite in Guild Wars, or getting a good kill ratio in Counter Strike last night. Examples^. stick out tongue

I had some stupid hacker called "PLZ DONT BAN ME, I HAVE KID" come in a Counter-Strike CZ "iceworld" game with me two days ago. He had speed hack and autosnipe on...god. The stupid Admin refused to ban him. So he just lets the hacker go ahead and snipe with an AWP(Most powerful rifle in the game) like some kind of super machine gun. Then when he DOESN'T have the AWP, he whips out a knife and goes with super speed.

I hate hackers.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 6th, 2005 02:53 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

I was in a Halo server (PC), i think the map was Sidewinder on a CTF mode.

A group of players decided that they would make their own rules, you know, where they say "Hey your not allowed to use grenades or the warthog, only pistol whip", then when you actually play the game normally, i.e. get in a warthog to go get the flag they all fire up and get angry "HEY WHY U USING TEH WARTHOG I SAID JOO CANT USE IT?!?"

Like who the hell are you? if you want to play stupid rules make your own server.

One of the many reasons i hate multiplayer, this inspires me for a new thread

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:16 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True True.

I hate the people who get mad when they say "knife only", and then you dont use the knife. In the game, its about guns. If you want to knife fight, make a bloody server for knife fight only.

I also hate people who make fun of newbs. For christ sakes, everybody is a newb sometime or another. Personally, I love fighting newbs, its soo easy to kill. For example of this, I was playing Man Of Valor MP Demo on the first day it was released on Fileplanet. Some guy made fun of a dude because the guy asked about an objective or some button that needs to be pushed. Some guy replied, " Get off this game you N00b". I responded, " Im sorry to say, but everybody is a newb right now because this game hasnt been out yet".
Then I got banned.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 04:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

what i think is worse than idiot noobs are the arrogant clan members, cant stand them.

They think just because they have, like, <-OMG-> at the beggining of there name that they are experts. to which if you defeat a clan member, they will whine like a *****, "u must hax!!1".

Also them being in a clan, they think they can give you orders in game, and when you dont do it they give you a barrage of abuse.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 04:48 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

One of my worst gaming experiences was on Everquest.

Let me set this up first. My character was a monk and I was reaching the upper levels where I would normally start working on my epic.

Epics are a series of quests needed to get your class' "ultimate" weapon.

The monk epic is known for having 2 very rare monsters, Raster of Guk and Targin the Rock (corrupt monks or something), you need to find and kill for the item they carry to turn into 2 almost equally rare quest characters. And then there's 2 more rare spawns... but that isn't part of this story.

Anyway, I had found Raster and killed him for his item. Very tedious but I'm told my time of 4 hours or so was quick.

Targin was a harder spawn to crack because he was near so many monsters. I wasn't strong enough to kill them and if I got the attention of one, they'd all come and beat me senseless. He was in a place called the Sol B King Room.

The anniversary of EQ came around a few days later. One of the special events was that "named" monsters, special stronger versions of the normal monsters, and would spawn very much stronger but drop some sweet "no drop" swag. Being on a pk server, everybody loves the no drop items. Two named monsters spawned in, you guess it, the Sol B King Room.

I was in luck. High level people who'd sooner step on my face than look at me were lining up to kill these monsters that I couldn't touch for items to twink out their low level characters with.

So I joined them. I helped kill monsters all day until Targin finally spawned. I was so happy. Many times the "list keepers" asked me which item I was in line with and many times I told them I was there for Targin and was just helping until he spawned.

We kill him. I do a little jig. Then I see "so and so has looted The Code of Zan Fi." Everybody scorned him. That was for the monk! I didn't know! He won't shut up about it, what do you mean you didn't know!

The item is no drop. He can't give me the item to turn in. My stomach sank. Not only am I a big nerd who just sat there all day waiting for a monster but I didn't even get the item.

Then someone tells me "Don't worry, you can multiquest that part." That's when two players have seperate pieces for a quest. They each turn in their piece and they both get the reward as if they both turned in both pieces. In this case, the Code and my monk headband.

I sighed in relief. "When do you want to go do that?" I asked the player who looted my item. "I'm so sorry. I destroyed it right after I looted it. I thought it was garbage." It was like I got punched in the stomach, helped back to my feet, then punched in the face.

And sorry for dorking up the place with my long dork story.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 05:40 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

worst: on diablo 2, having my lvl 98 (3/4 of the way to 99) hardcore barb die cuz my brother tripped over the computer power cord...oh that pissed me off...

Old Post May 6th, 2005 06:00 AM
MetallicaT is currently offline Click here to Send MetallicaT a Private Message Find more posts by MetallicaT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
One of my worst gaming experiences was on Everquest.

Let me set this up first. My character was a monk and I was reaching the upper levels where I would normally start working on my epic.

Epics are a series of quests needed to get your class' "ultimate" weapon.

The monk epic is known for having 2 very rare monsters, Raster of Guk and Targin the Rock (corrupt monks or something), you need to find and kill for the item they carry to turn into 2 almost equally rare quest characters. And then there's 2 more rare spawns... but that isn't part of this story.

Anyway, I had found Raster and killed him for his item. Very tedious but I'm told my time of 4 hours or so was quick.

Targin was a harder spawn to crack because he was near so many monsters. I wasn't strong enough to kill them and if I got the attention of one, they'd all come and beat me senseless. He was in a place called the Sol B King Room.

The anniversary of EQ came around a few days later. One of the special events was that "named" monsters, special stronger versions of the normal monsters, and would spawn very much stronger but drop some sweet "no drop" swag. Being on a pk server, everybody loves the no drop items. Two named monsters spawned in, you guess it, the Sol B King Room.

I was in luck. High level people who'd sooner step on my face than look at me were lining up to kill these monsters that I couldn't touch for items to twink out their low level characters with.

So I joined them. I helped kill monsters all day until Targin finally spawned. I was so happy. Many times the "list keepers" asked me which item I was in line with and many times I told them I was there for Targin and was just helping until he spawned.

We kill him. I do a little jig. Then I see "so and so has looted The Code of Zan Fi." Everybody scorned him. That was for the monk! I didn't know! He won't shut up about it, what do you mean you didn't know!

The item is no drop. He can't give me the item to turn in. My stomach sank. Not only am I a big nerd who just sat there all day waiting for a monster but I didn't even get the item.

Then someone tells me "Don't worry, you can multiquest that part." That's when two players have seperate pieces for a quest. They each turn in their piece and they both get the reward as if they both turned in both pieces. In this case, the Code and my monk headband.

I sighed in relief. "When do you want to go do that?" I asked the player who looted my item. "I'm so sorry. I destroyed it right after I looted it. I thought it was garbage." It was like I got punched in the stomach, helped back to my feet, then punched in the face.

And sorry for dorking up the place with my long dork story.

i feel your pain dude... several times in a game i've worked my ass off and gotten no reward...

mine? those obnoxious little pr*cks in halo who will actually shoot you just because you picked up a weapon or got in a vehicle they wanted... completely ruins the experience...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on May 6th, 2005 at 01:39 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2005 01:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

Originally posted by pr1983

mine? those obnoxious little pr*cks in halo who will actually shoot you just because you picked up a weapon or got in a vehicle they wanted... completely ruins the experience...

I can relate to that man, i just gave them what they wanted, a head on collision with my warthog. i made them suck mud/snow, depending on whatever map they were on!

Old Post May 6th, 2005 02:05 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

worst - Phantasy star online... I was speaking japanese with a japanese gamer.. and he had asked me why I was using such a weak weapon.. I told him I tried to look for a good one but its hard to get a nice drop.. he agreed and gave me his double saber... I was like oh wow... I dont want to take it but thank you very much.. he gave it to me anyway.. and like 3 games later.. some ranger pulled alot of mobs on me and I died n dropped it.. he took the double saber and disconnected

best - phantasy star online / final fantasy xi . .
PSO first because its what started me in online gaming, and its how I met all of my good online friends that i still know and speak with daily.. and ffxi because it was a continuance of that friendship

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 6th, 2005 02:51 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

This morning I went on CS again and actually got a good kill ratio: about 60%. Normally I get like 30%.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:42 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

Usually i get 3 kills 12 deatsh, thats my usual

I notice that whenever i go above 5 kills i get accused of cheating

Old Post May 7th, 2005 03:23 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think one of my best moments is a continuation of my worst moment.

After I got my code, a guild friend, a ranger (tracker), helped me find the 2 slippery quest turn-in guys. It only took like 20 minutes. A stranger even helped us find one that was outside of my friend's tracking distance.

Again, worst case scenarios have been people hunting for these guys for days.

Another best moment was the day I mastered the pistol in the Alien vs Predator 2 demo. Spawn camping wasn't so easy for that group of aliens.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 04:54 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hehe.
The worst is guys in Battlefield 1942, blowing up all the vehicles on thier own team, or even worst, getting stuck on those African maps on a spawn point thats soo far away from anything, and because the guy destroyed everything, you have to walk to the battle, and then get sniped.

The best for me is playing sniper in B1942 on the Midway map. Near the huge base, thiers this bunker with a ladder on it. I just go prone on that one spot, and snipe the enemy. I could care less about the ojb or points because nonbody else does.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 05:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by ChickinMeat
Usually i get 3 kills 12 deatsh, thats my usual

I notice that whenever i go above 5 kills i get accused of cheating

Not in iceworld. Only time you get accused of hacking is if the offended player is a whiny brat.
"Wallhack!" he screams after someone shoots him through a wall.
"Autosnipe!" he screams after two people with AWPs shoot him simultaneously when he stepped out into the open.
"Aimbot!" he screams after someone gets a lucky headshot with an AK-47 on him.
"You blocked me, -----!!!" he screams, planting the blame firmly at one of my other teammate's feet. Actually, the truth was that we saw him appearing to attempt to run through a wall to avoid enemy fire.

What a loser. I mean, come on man, it's a game. I tell him these exact words. And this is his response:

"GO SHOVE A PISTOL UP JOO ASS REPTILE."(My screename was Reptile).
Thank god he was on my team and we had friendly-fire enabled. My team members got fed up with him too and before each round started, we planted an entire Pistol clip in him until he finally left. Hallelujah!

Old Post May 7th, 2005 07:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ChickinMeat
I can relate to that man, i just gave them what they wanted, a head on collision with my warthog. i made them suck mud/snow, depending on whatever map they were on!

laughing

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 7th, 2005 08:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

One of my favorite moments, probably my friend's worst, is when we'd co-op in Halo and every other time we'd hit a checkpoint he'd start explaining the battle plan (usually "You go out and fight them and I'll wait here so you can respawn") and I'd hit him in the back of the head and kill him.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 11:25 PM