KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Started by: hotsauce6548

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

This game looks awesome!

It's a sandlot type of game, with the player being the Hulk. You can run around and destroy virtually EVERYTHING around you, or you can take part in the storyline.

It's made by Vivendi Universal, and it is supposed to come out this summer.

There's also a cool feature called weaponization, where the player can pick up something (car, streetlight, debris etc etc) and mold it into a suitable weapon.

For example, as I read in Game Informer, they got to test it out. They grabbed a bus, flattened it, and rode it like a two-ton surfboard down the street, crushing everything in its path. When they were finished with it, the Hulk tossed it aside into a nearby building, creating a giant crater in the wall.

Sounds like a great game to me, anybody else looking forward to it?

Old Post May 16th, 2005 05:57 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Sounds nice...

Trailer: http://www.hulkgames.com/us/

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:26 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Looks awesome...

heres a link to a lot of videos of it

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/627/627861/vids_2.html

One video had him flatten a car and make then into boxing gloves, and they also showed the surfboard thing in a video too.

It looks like the roaming is just like Spider-Man, which is great becuase SPider-Mans roaming was awesome. I had more fun web-slinging than i did playing the storyline. THe can run up any building he wants. He can almost fly.

Another video shows him doing some special thing where he charges up, and then smashes the ground which sens a wave thing and everything in its way flies like 15 feet in the air. It looks awesome.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 07:43 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah, the free roaming is so cool...

And the game seems to have innocent bystander killing! Yay!

Last edited by DarkCrawler on May 17th, 2005 at 01:46 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 01:42 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

And I thought Spider-Man 2 was fun.. this is going to blow it away. I can't wait to just leap around and throw things. That's all I did for hours in SM2, just swinging around.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:23 PM
Delta 62 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

^^ yeah me too...

Old Post May 17th, 2005 07:20 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
What's big and green and gets angry and fights things and yells "Hulk Smash!"? Not really much of a riddle, is it? Thankfully the Hulk isn't about subtlety either, so no need the beat around the bush. Instead, lets beat the crap out of the bush!

When last we met the Hulk, he was just coming off a successful movie bid with a series of halfway decent movie-themed games to boot. He was living large, so to speak. But since 2003, the Hulk has been in hiding (an easy feat, it is not), just waiting to make a triumphant return to the world of smashing stuff. Enter The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, stage KABLOOEY! [Hulk enters through wall ala the Kool-Aid Man, dusts himself off and gives a thumbs up to the camera.]

Unlike the previous Hulk games, this release will focus not on the movie of the man, but rather the comic book version of the mean, green, smashin' machine. The game takes place in the Hulk's hometown, and it looks like it's about ready for a makeover. The linear, story-based levels are out for this one. In its place, you have the freedom to run around and reap the whirlwind. The game plays very similarly to Spider-Man 2 or even GTA, where you're placed in a city and given free reign to do what you feel. If that means running down the street, picking up cars and tearing them asunder, so be it. Wanna climb up buildings, smashing in windows along the way? The city is your sandbox.

Unfortunately, going about creating a mess of things tends to get the Hulk some unwanted attention. As in GTA, if you blow up too many cars or punch too many civilians, you'll have law enforcement on you like cute on kitten. The more destruction, the more friction, so while you might start off fighting measly beat cops, it'll quickly escalate into harder and harder adversaries, from SWAT forces to attack helicopters to even mecha-robot walkers (ala Robocop), which will pull out all the stops to bring Hulk down.

Luckily, the Hulk isn't without a few tricks of his own. Ultimate Destruction features a nifty combo system where you can unlock new moves and tricks as you progress through the game. There's also a lock-on mode for ranged attacks, especially useful for tossing buses into far away mischief-makers. The Hulk is not to be trifled with, believe you me.

Though the demo we checked out was limited to this all-out destruction mode, we fully expect the final game to feature a story-mode with branching missions that will lead you through the city, completing smash-related tasks. The game is scheduled for release on the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube by the end of the summer, sure to bring delight to Hulksters the world over.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 06:50 PM
Hulk_Power

All I have to say is BAD ASS!!! DAMN I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT. THAT LOOKS SOOOOOO COOL. THAT WAS SO COOL TO WATCH THE VIDEOS FOR THE GAME! IF I HAD FUN JUST WATCHING THE TRAILERS, I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH FUN I WOULD HAVE PLAYING IT.

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 08:59 PM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Man, I am going to destroy the city so much in this game...that there will be nothing left when I have finished...I can't wait for this.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 10:10 PM
Hulk_Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Man, I am going to destroy the city so much in this game...that there will be nothing left when I have finished...I can't wait for this.

Same here man. I'm going to take down all the tall buildings first then the little ones. I'm going to kill anyone that is in my way. I can't wait until I'm leaping from building to building and I get to fight Abomination. That's going to be so bad ass.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 10:20 PM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Anybody know when it comes out? Like the exact date?

I'm too lazy to check, stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 11:28 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

It's supposed to come out in August of this summer. I wasn't able to find an exact date though. I already have the money ready to buy it. I'm just waiting for it to come out. It's going to be so cool. I can't wait.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 09:18 AM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

The city looks little bland though, but I will so buy this game. big grin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:36 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

nice

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:44 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

The city looks little bland though, but I will so buy this game. big grin

Hopefully it is bland because the developers made the cityHUGE!

big grin

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:06 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Bigger then Manhattan in Spider-Man 2?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 07:10 PM
Hulk_Power

Bigger then Manhattan in Spider-Man 2?

Damn I that would be so cool. I would have so much fun destroying everything. Manhattan is Spider-Man 2 was a huge city. There's a lot of exploring to do. I hope that San Francisco is as big or bigger.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 08:08 PM
Hulk_Power

IT'S OUT IN STORES ALREADY!!! eek! I'LL BE GOING TO PICK UP MY COPY OF THE GAME LATER TODAY!!! JUST A FEW MORE HOURS!!! (Thank God I reserved it about a month ago) I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I START PLAYING IT!!! eek!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:40 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm still debating whether to get it or not... hmmm...

Here's the review: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/...ulk/review.html

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 07:02 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

not interested in this game one bit.

Just a copycat off of spiderman.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 07:27 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote